What are you playing right now?

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

wolf359
Has liked: 1587 likes
Total likes: 1735 likes

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by wolf359 »

Start playing World of Warcaft for the very 1st time, now I'm only doing this to unlock a character on Hearthstone. I need to get to level 20, so far I'm just not getting it at all, pick a quest, kill something, we won't show you what it is but give you some strange name, now head over there and find them....

Got to level 6 after and hour, level 20 is going to be a struggle, it must get better otherwise people wouldn't spend 1000's of hours on this , if Blizzard hoped to gain new subscribers by this promotion (of course they do) currently I won't be one of them.
Fishbone

Post by Fishbone »

Have you played the new tavern brawl in HS? These games go on for ages....I played 1 game for 50 minutes this morning!
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Fishbone wrote:Have you played the new tavern brawl in HS? These games go on for ages....I played 1 game for 50 minutes this morning!
It is great, having good success with my mage, the 9 draw spell is always the Druid one that returns everyone to full health, makes games go on for ever.
Oxonhammer

Post by Oxonhammer »

Played Virtua Fighter 2 on the Saturn
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Afterfall Insanity

I've got a thing for slightly ropey, non-AAA action games.
Lincolnhammer92

Post by Lincolnhammer92 »

UFC 2. Quite a challenge, just when you think you're getting somewhere and knocking everyone out left right and centre, you come up against someone who makes you tap in two minutes...
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

Dark Soul 3, great game and still hard!
MN Train to Eastwood

Post by MN Train to Eastwood »

ZEN Pinball 2.
Aliens Vs Pinball tables. A lot of fun. And some great game designs thrown in for good measure.
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

The ancient MDK, resurrected by GOG.
SirStoneyOfBow
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

God of War III: Remastered on PS4

Brilliant arcade adventure fare, with a few interesting puzzles thrown in.
For me it was one the best looking games of the previous generation, and it still looks gorgeous second time around.
This entire series is worth a play through. Kratos is one of the all-time great video games antiheroes, along with the likes of Trevor from GTAV, Agent 47 from Hitman, and Marcus Fenix from Gears of War.
SirStoneyOfBow

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

The Last of Us: Remastered

Never did play this on PS3, so I jumped at the purchase on PS4 for $14.99.
I'm a good few hours in, and I'm impressed at its blend of stealth, survival horror and strategic action. Graphically it's stunning too.
But what truly makes it a cut above is the dark yet rich and fulfilling cutscenes and superior voice acting. Very little that Naughty Dog did wrong here.
Believe the hype.
Last edited by SirStoneyOfBow on Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Do you not find the game play when actually fighting enemies to be poor? I gave up with it as I found it so bad. I thought it was really unresponsive and unintuitive.

Everything else was virtually perfect, but you'd be trying to stealthily move around the clickers and that little girl would literally just be walking in full view next to you, casual as day.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Doom (2016) . Got this off one of the cheap keys sites (£21) to try out my new GTX 1060. Feels like a Doom remake and plays old school, neither is a bad thing at all. Looks lovely (if hell can look lovely) at 2K on my new card :)

Will fill the gap between Diablo seasons (I will return to season 7 which starts next Friday 5th Aug)
SirStoneyOfBow

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

fjthegrey wrote:Do you not find the game play when actually fighting enemies to be poor? I gave up with it as I found it so bad. I thought it was really unresponsive and unintuitive.

Everything else was virtually perfect, but you'd be trying to stealthily move around the clickers and that little girl would literally just be walking in full view next to you, casual as day.
I think fighting the infected can be a tad monotonous, and Ellie isn't the smartest AI I've ever seen. She's often parked herself into the only exit of a room or compartment and I've had to improvise.
I think it's very difficult to get the perfect blend of helpful companion and a vulnerable one.
In one scenario, Ellie was grabbed by a Clicker but shrugged it off and didn't die. 95% of my deaths are down to Clickers and my character is a muscular 200lb man who dies one hit. Yep, it's frustrating.
That said, I still really enjoy it.
wolf359 wrote:Doom (2016) . Got this off one of the cheap keys sites (£21) to try out my new GTX 1060. Feels like a Doom remake and plays old school, neither is a bad thing at all. Looks lovely (if hell can look lovely) at 2K on my new card :)

Will fill the gap between Diablo seasons (I will return to season 7 which starts next Friday 5th Aug)
I got this on PS4 last week but not started it just yet but I love what I've seen on reviews and YouTube. It looks almost arcadey in comparison to modern FPS but that's what Doom is all about!
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Modern Warfare 2 - PS3

The dog's b*llocks.

I've flogged my PS4 and gone back to basics and cheap gaming between selling that and picking up a new GTX card for my PC now I have the Nvidia Shield.

Got Tiger Woods 12, Gran Turismo 5, New Vegas, MW2 & another game, all for £8 on Saturday :)
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Fifa 16 for the first time the other night on XBox 1. Didn't really have much of a clue as to what i was doing but i still won 2-1 8-)
SirStoneyOfBow

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

So to add to my previous comments on The Last of Us, it is in my opinion that it does not warrant the acclaim it has received. A good game, but not a great one and certainly not a masterpiece.
I've played a few other things in the meantime, including episode 1 of Telltale's Batman series. Really engrossing stuff, but a bit light on the gameplay aspect.
Telltale is currently having a big sale on PlayStation so I bought season 2 of The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones too for $7-8 a piece.

But I just started Doom and it's pure enjoyment. Simple, almost arcadey style blasting away of anything unholy.

DOOM is just great, isn't it?

I've loved everything about the Franchise. Even enjoyed the film, though wish it was set more with a demonic narrative, rather than Good Rock turns Bad Rock.
SirStoneyOfBow

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

It's just perfect undiluted, almost sentimental run and gun. The weapon upgrade and challenges keep it simple and accessible throughout. It doesn't over complicate anything, and the glory kills make your marine a total badass.
I love it.

Me too. The soundtrack is absolutely kicking as well.

It really does make a nice change to have such a great pick up and play game like this.

My problem with playing FPS/Platform games, is I never go from A to B, I have to search every single nook and cranny of every level and end up getting splattered by respawning demons.