What are you playing right now?

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

shakawakahislop
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 9 likes

Re: What are you playing right now?

Post by shakawakahislop »

Fishbone wrote:Back playing No Man's Sky. Enjoying the new updates.

Really tempted to get the new XCOM 2 dlc, but refuse to pay more than I paid for the base game, so will wait until that comes down in price.
i promise you dude if you like no mans sky then switch to elite dangerous, it betters NMS in every aspect of gaming, elite dangerous is one of the greatest games ive played and ive spent so many hours on

that being said im now addicted to f12017, can not get enough of this game
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Just started Prey. Looks interesting so far.
gegsy
Has liked: 237 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by gegsy »

How did I not know this thread was on here?

Dark Souls is the greatest game ever made. Absolutely amazing, it completely took over my life.

The Xcom 2 DLC is brilliant.

Ive just finished Steamworld Dig 2 which is pretty much perfect.

Now playing Divinity 2. *insert superlative here*.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 762 likes
Total likes: 3499 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

gegsy wrote:Dark Souls is the greatest game ever made.
Still commanding a decent price on eBay (PS3 version, at least). Been keeping an eye on it for several weeks now, waiting for a bargain.
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

Up the Junction wrote: Still commanding a decent price on eBay (PS3 version, at least). Been keeping an eye on it for several weeks now, waiting for a bargain.
It is a great game! I can't play these types of games though.
SirStoneyOfBow
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

Up the Junction wrote: Still commanding a decent price on eBay (PS3 version, at least). Been keeping an eye on it for several weeks now, waiting for a bargain.
I picked up Dark Souls for $12 from Amazon, used on 360. Was available for about the same price on PS3.
I’ve took a break from it but it’s truly a brilliant game.
Tarbs
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Tarbs »

Been playing Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris. Never really played any classic wargames before, and from reading reviews etc. this is a pretty good intro. Enjoying it so far. Anyone else play anything like this?
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

LBA 1 followed by LBA 2, probably the greatest games ever made!

After them i'm moving onto Discworld, managed to get a PS1 copy that works on my PS3 :scarfer:
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

Even 4 years after its initial release, Europa Universalis IV is the game that takes up most of my spare time. A sublime game and, dare I say it, one of the greatest strategy games ever made.
bobby0303
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by bobby0303 »

AnthraxDave wrote:Even 4 years after its initial release, Europa Universalis IV is the game that takes up most of my spare time. A sublime game and, dare I say it, one of the greatest strategy games ever made.
Couldn't agree more with this. I spent hundreds of hours on EU4 before my PC packed in a few months ago. Everything you do has an impact on something else within the game. It took me a good year to get used to all of the games mechanics.

Best turn off the music though.
'stone hammer
Has liked: 781 likes
Total likes: 542 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Anyone played South Park: The fractured but whole yet?

Mrs bought it a couple of days ago, listening to a review on Radio 1 earlier, sounds like it's much more of the same. I can't see how they can top the outrageousness of the stick of truth, but I never underestimate South Park.

If anyone hasn't played the Stick of Truth, if you like South Park, and final fantasy RPG style, you'll love it.
wolf359
Has liked: 1591 likes
Total likes: 1740 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Still WoW 130 days in, i'm afraid crack would be easier to remove from my life. Last raid out next month and next expansion expected to be released in a year.

I avoided this 'game/life' for years but I have succumb.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 762 likes
Total likes: 3499 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

wolf359 wrote:I avoided this 'game/life' for years but I have succumb.
Dipped in a couple of time, never grabbed my attention like ESO has. Which is probably a good thing, I think.
Crouching Peeky
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Crouching Peeky »

I've started the new Football Manager game plus I'm still hugely addicted to ESO but with COD out tomorrow I think the only way to find enough hours to play them all is to quit my job. I'm sure my wife will be fine with that, she'll earn enough to cover the electric and my xbox live membership
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1677 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Still playing Diablo 3 and was getting pissed off as I couldn't solo anythong over a level 54 rift as a necro. However, I had atrip to Dublin where I met a mate who is a massive Diablo 3 player and he gave me some tips, especially about key bindings and magic restoration. The net result is last night I soloed a level 61 dungeon with ease - with over 5 mins to spare! Looking forward to jewelling up some more gear and seeing if I can solo a level 70!
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 264 likes
Total likes: 231 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

I’m slowly making my way through Shadow of War and loving it - if you enjoyed the first one but found it repetitive, this one ups the ante and changes things up a fair whack. And it’s still really satisfying beheading Uruk!
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

simonpaulthomas wrote:I’m slowly making my way through Shadow of War and loving it - if you enjoyed the first one but found it repetitive, this one ups the ante and changes things up a fair whack. And it’s still really satisfying beheading Uruk!
Do the pay to win loot boxes (a disgusting addition to gaming) not bother you? A large part of the gaming community have boycotted this game ( and Star Wars Battlefront II) for this reason.
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 264 likes
Total likes: 231 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

I have no idea what those are tbh mate - I don’t play online, just the main story so it doesn’t affect me I guess?
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

simonpaulthomas wrote:I have no idea what those are tbh mate - I don’t play online, just the main story so it doesn’t affect me I guess?
No it does effect you, to complete the single player game you need drops from random loot boxes, you can get them in game or you can buy them for real cash. There has been a massive backlash over this recent practice of 'pay-to win'. Horrible development from some major gaming developers.
NottingHammer6
Has liked: 1 like

Post by NottingHammer6 »

wolf359 wrote: No it does effect you, to complete the single player game you need drops from random loot boxes, you can get them in game or you can buy them for real cash. There has been a massive backlash over this recent practice of 'pay-to win'. Horrible development from some major gaming developers.
Surely if you can get them in game then you don't need to purchase them? Therefore not an issue and if people want to pay more to complete it quicker then it's their choice? (Story Mode)