FM19 Beta

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cottee
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

FM19 Beta

Post by Cottee »

The beta has just dropped, Looks pretty decent at first glance, a few bugs as you'd expect but West Ham start with a £25m budget.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Re: FM19 Beta

Post by The Gibbins »

I will cave, i always do

Not going to bother just yet though as im busy the weekend and travelling for work next week so might as well for pay day to come around. I'm still enjoying my FM18 save to be honest as its the first time i have ever really won trophies :lol:

Always started at the bottom and won promotions but never a domestic trophy until now....after about 20 years of playing it!!!
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Yeah, I've caved in, too. That 10% off and the need of a general pick-me-up did it.
the celestial insect

Well, I've had a few hours with it, and I like it. It feels more addictive than it has done for a while.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

The tactics screen looks cool, i like the fact you can detail things in transition now which felt like a lot of faffing around before and a bit of guess work to get your point across. The training looks quite detailed which i guess is a good thing but i will be handing that to my assistant and staff. :D
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

The Gibbins wrote:Always started at the bottom and won promotions but never a domestic trophy until now....after about 20 years of playing it!!!
:shock:

Don't you look to FM forums on the interweb for good tactics to use?
FM17 was about the three AMCs and FM18 has been about WBs and the three Strikers.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

szola wrote:
:shock:

Don't you look to FM forums on the interweb for good tactics to use?
FM17 was about the three AMCs and FM18 has been about WBs and the three Strikers.

I think with me i start League 2 or Conference and work my way up and don't leave those teams often. By the time i get to the Premier League or close i get bored or the new game comes out :lol: This year i sold out and took the Arsenal job after getting a few promotions and then winning the Nations League with England.

As for tactics i have always done my own and implemented my own style, I'm sure i would probably win more if i started a save from the Premier League but i love the long term journey. However i have bought FM19 and not even touched it as i am enjoying the team i have built up with Arsenal and think i can win a Champions League or Premier League title in the 2027/28 season lol.

I don't really start from the Prem as i just don't enjoy managing West Ham, i don't think i have played as them for a good few years now and don't really want to select anyone else.
the celestial insect

Well, nearly a season done, and pretty good. At least they haven't introduced a romance option.
Supreme
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Supreme »

As usual I will probably cave and get it.

Can anyone sum up the general key updates/changes/features this year?

I hardly played 17 or 18. In fact, still playing a FM16 network game with a mate where we are in 2040, me Man City and him Manure.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

JuniorBilly wrote:As usual I will probably cave and get it.

Can anyone sum up the general key updates/changes/features this year?

I hardly played 17 or 18. In fact, still playing a FM16 network game with a mate where we are in 2040, me Man City and him Manure.

I still haven't touched FM19 yet as i am really into my FM18 save but i wouldn't say there are drastic changes as such between FM16-18. I would say the tactical AI is a bit different in that the opposition managers react better to your systems and suss you out a bit better than before. Also for me i have found this to be the first FM i have ever got a back 3/back 5 working properly.

With FM19 it looks like they have done a complete overhaul on training and tactics but not sure there is much else that has changed. They are trying to sell the purple background a bit too much which i find concerning in terms of new changes :lol:
(Dazza)

Post by (Dazza) »

I'm still playing FM17.

Don't feel the need to buy it every year anymore as it's usually just a bunch of rushed out new features that they use to sell the game.

Currently doing a Youth challenge whereby you holiday one season in and take over a club that gets promoted to the bottom division. Not allowed to sign players - you just reply solely on your youth system.

Just about to restart after getting relegated first season with Slough Town - it's pretty hard! :lol:
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

That's surely impossible :lol:

The first team is probably bad enough let alone the greyed out youth!
(Dazza)

Post by (Dazza) »

You get youth players in your intake every year. The money you don’t spend on signing players/wages means you can usually start to improve your youth recruitment/training etc so you start getting some good players through after a few years.

1st season is the hardest - as demonstrated by me!
Loftyhammer
Has liked: 2191 likes
Total likes: 167 likes

Post by Loftyhammer »

Stuck on bloody load screen for FM 19....anyone else get that?
The Terminator
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 57 likes

Post by The Terminator »

I buy FM every year, have done since Championship Manager 97/98, however the last couple of years have been especially difficult to get into despite playing it almost everyday and racking some serious hours gameplay, it's just got harder and harder to grasp the tactics IMO, however this year with the pre-set tactics that you can effectively 'plug and play' but also let you tweak, have been a great and very welcoming addition!

FWIW, wing play has been my favourite and most successful setup so far, 3rd season just started, first two seasons resulted in finishing 9th both seasons, first game of the season....

:scarfer:
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

Timo Werner, nice!
Supreme
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Supreme »

Bored at work so probably going to purchase this now ready for this evening.

Can someone screenshot Felipe & Rice?
The Terminator
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 57 likes

Post by The Terminator »

The Gibbins wrote:Timo Werner, nice!
Yeah I know, I got him surprisingly easy, cost about £25m which I though was a steal! Paired him with Erling Haland as an AF & TM and seems to be working nicely!
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Lovejoy2 wrote:the last couple of years have been especially difficult to get into despite playing it almost everyday and racking some serious hours gameplay, it's just got harder and harder to grasp the tactics IMO
In FM18 you would brake the AI with 3 strikers, whilst in FM17 it was three AMC-s that did the trick. Both seasons you should set up with three CD and WB-s.

I'm hoping FM19 willing allow for more tweaks, and less Manchester United :D
essexguy

Post by essexguy »

I remember my Football Manager 09 / 10 game, it was the first one that had the 3d match engine and I was hooked. I had a career that I played between 2010 and 2013 on and off. I did 30+ seasons and I remember some weird bugs.

Had to stop because my saved game become corrupt. :( Still heart broken to this day.