Official Betting Thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Re: Official Betting Thread

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

hammerdivone wrote:Terrible news about Synchronided an According to Peter :(
As happy as I was to see Paul Nicholls train his first winner (especially with my £5 e/w on it's back), the death of Synchronised did cast a shadow over the day for me. As a jockey, Jonjo O'Neil came to Aintree with Alverton who was that year's Gold Cup winner (1980 IIRC) and went off favourite only to fall to his death at Bechers and now the very same thing has happened to him as a trainer. A tragedy for the horse and for Jonjo, who was one of my favourite jockeys and has proved to be a great trainer too.
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

Chelsea -1 is gi-frickin-normous @ 5/1 with ladbrokes :thup:
Gummi

Post by Gummi »

United Villa Rooney not to score
Chelsea Tottenham 0
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Ok , this is my Grand National story .

I used to bet every Saturday before I moved to Skye , and because the nearest bookie was over a 100 miles away , I decided to give it up , then after I got my ferry redundancy I opened a William Hill account , then as I never won anything , I didn't have a bet for another 16 years until last year . That horse fell at the second fence .
Yesterday , I ummed and aahd until 4pm , then I told my Mrs I was going to have a bet . The telephone bet wouldn't work as it was too busy , so I went online , but had to open a new account as last year my Mrs had used our credit card !!
So , it's gone 4.10pm and I'm looking for my cheque book to get the sorting code for the new account , tick tick tick , false start , still haven't got my bet on , and finally press the button , but the bloody thing still whirls round and round.......
They're off !! The bloody computer is still whirling round , I say ' Sod it , it'll probably lose anyway !! ' .
I watch the race , but I don't know anything about my horse , only it's name . It's not mentioned until after a few fences , all I know is it hasn't fallen . A lot of my other choices have , but I haven't put any money on them , thankfully .
Then , with 2 fences to jump , I figure out who my horse is , it's white , and white horses never win the National , well not since 1962 .
It's lying 3rd of 3 , a good enough position , and it jumps the last fence in 2nd and now I'm thinking ' **** , it might win and I didn't get a bet on ! '
It crosses the line together with another horse , it looks like a dead heat .
I run upstairs to tell my Mrs , ' If that bet has gone through , we might have won £340 !!! , but the result isn't through yet !!! '
We go downstairs , and the bloody thing's won , my Mrs checks the computer , and she says ' According to this , your bet has gone through , it says print your betting slip ' .
I start jumping up and down laughing like a lunatic .
I've won the Grand National , my first winner since over 25 years , and my biggest ever win .
How do I claim my money , does anyone know ?
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

man utd/chelsea double just over 2/1
jimmy dean

Post by jimmy dean »

Got 7/1 the red card in Man Utd match with Paddy Power, must be a mistake :think:
westhamrobw

Post by westhamrobw »

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/novelty-b ... ids=479315" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

United enhanced to evens!
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 367 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

westhamrobw wrote:http://www.paddypower.com/bet/novelty-b ... ids=479315" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

United enhanced to evens!
What was the bet mate?
screech

Post by screech »

screech wrote:Chelsea -1 is gi-frickin-normous @ 5/1 with ladbrokes
thank you very much! £100 on this has taken my weekends winnings to roughly just over £2000 :raver:
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1223 likes
Total likes: 1641 likes

Post by last.caress »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: How do I claim my money , does anyone know ?
I don't know, no. BUT. The missus has just looked into it for you, and she seems to think it's a bit like PayPal, in that you have your bank account which you take money out of and put into your William Hill account to use for betting and such, and if you've won, William Hill will dump that money into your William Hill account, which you can then withdraw into your regular bank account. If you click on "my account" apparently there's an option to withdraw any monies that are in there.

Does that make sense? I know nowt whatsoever about it, so I'm not sure whether that made any sense or not. Good luck, anyway :thup:
whuben
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by whuben »

Just as LC says

login to your online account, click on My Account it will say withdraw money. Ive got Betfair and PP and they both take a couple of days to hit up in your bank account

Well done
DagenhamHammer

Post by DagenhamHammer »

£5 e/w on Neptunes ... and included it in a lucky 15 to net a win of over 300£ ;)
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Dear Last Caress , your avatar always makes me think of my death and who it is I will share my last caress with
So thanks for that ,
and please thank your very helpful wife for her assistance in this matter , which is more than I can say for Mr Hill's staff as none of them would speak to me today .
Cheers .
screech

Post by screech »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Dear Last Caress , your avatar always makes me think of my death and who it is I will share my last caress with
So thanks for that ,
and please thank your very helpful wife for her assistance in this matter , which is more than I can say for Mr Hill's staff as none of them would speak to me today .
Cheers .
If you used a credit card to deposit then you will need to check that the credit card company will accept back the money if you don't have sufficient credit avaliable on the card, I.e if you have a £2000 limit and have only used £50 of it some companies may get funny if you have got £290 over your limit as it's not their money.
Secondly as soon as your credit card bill comes in make sure you pay off the William hill transaction because credit card companies treat bookies transactions like cash withdrawals and sting you on the interest
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

I've backed Arsenal tonight.

RVP 4-0 22/1
Arsenal win 3-0 10/1
Arsenal win 3-1 12/1
Arsenal win 4-1 16/1
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Good weekend with the man utd/Chelsea double and rooney first goalscorer.

Wigan are due a drubbing, Arsenal -1 for sure tonight.
hiphophammer

Post by hiphophammer »

For the most minor of interests i have FGS

Figuerora - 111/1
Alcaraz - 75/1
McCarthy - 24/1
Rodallega - 15/1

I'm sure the bet will be over in 10 minutes but as those odds it's worth a couple of quid!
screech

Post by screech »

Denzil wrote:I've backed Arsenal tonight.

RVP 4-0 22/1
Arsenal win 3-0 10/1
Arsenal win 3-1 12/1
Arsenal win 4-1 16/1
Was also thinking about rvp and 4-0 but couldn't be bothered to do it
Also wanted to do rvp hat-trick but the odds were awful ranged from 5/2 to a maximum of 10/1
Disgraceful odds by most bookies
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

hiphophammer wrote:For the most minor of interests i have FGS

Figuerora - 111/1

Alcaraz - 75/1
McCarthy - 24/1
Rodallega - 15/1

I'm sure the bet will be over in 10 minutes but as those odds it's worth a couple of quid!
he's only 66/1 on bet365. Big difference. Not a bad random shout i guess.

The bookies all expect Arsenal to give Wigan a roasting, and it's hard to disagree.

But yeah, odds on Van Persie and big Arsenal win's are ****. RVP to score first and Arsenal to win 4-0 only 20/1. Pathetic odds
westhamrobw

Post by westhamrobw »

Paddy Power put up the same offer again earlier. Jumped on Arsenal @ Evens!