Official Betting Thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Fishbone

Re: Official Betting Thread

Post by Fishbone »

Win some, lose some. Still,happy with some of the % that are proven correct and expect it will be better refined for the Prem season.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Fishbone wrote:Win some, lose some. Still,happy with some of the % that are proven correct and expect it will be better refined for the Prem season.
i'll be keeping tabs and hoping to benefit if you share your info mate :thup:
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

5pm Newcastle

Dutch Rose 2/1
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:5pm Newcastle
Dutch Rose 2/1
Are all of your horse racing bets on Betfair now Rars. Do you still use another/other bookmakers. ?

Just as an aside,

I wonder how many people have records, or can get hold of records of their total loss/profit, and on which sports they succeed, or even what type of bet is successful for them.

On Betfair you can ask for a lifetime history, I recently asked for one going back to 2005. With my profit or loss for every single one of those days. Also, the profit/loss of every individual sport in those 8 years.

I had done remarkably well over that period....... Rugby, both Union & League I should leave well alone :lol:

I self-excluded myself from Betfair, so I'm ****ed till about October/November :lol:

I'm so rash. Though, to be fair, my reasons were that I was placing little bets here and there on punts and just whittling away small streams of money.
Thought I'd exclude myself, so I can spend some time really getting to grips with finding value and spotting mug bets... of which I'm very much in the process of doing.

I only place a couple of quid here and there on horses. Across 4-5 sites, dependant on who has the best odds.
Had a free £20 bet from signing up to Boylesports (in order to place the e/w TDF bet), so have put a tenner of it on the above horse.
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:I self-excluded myself from Betfair, so I'm ****ed till about October/November.
Ha ha,

I've got a self exclusion from some ultra muggy site called Betclic.

I only signed up to if for the whole free bet lark and due to some very stringent withdrawal procedure I have managed to get £250 stuck in there without any possibilty of getting it out in the near future.

My take on this is to waste a £1 bet on Betclic everyday. So I would in effect waste the £250 away over a period of time...

I then thought bugger it and just closed it with a chosen date..........think it's around Sept I can go back to it.......aint gonna make no difference, I've got to send them birth certificates, driving licenses, national insurance documents..........and they are not even in Britian.

My mate scanned my driving license and sent it to them, I haven't got a scanner myself.............."sorry sir, we need one with a photo on the driving license"....withdrawal denied.. :lol:
Fishbone

Post by Fishbone »

I regularly look at my volume and P&L at Betfair. Quite scary how the volume can build up quickly when I am trading on football or HR. I have gambled double my annual salary since the start of the year, although as mentioned, this is trading so it can build up rather quickly (i.e having £100 on West Ham to win and then laying it when they go 2-0 up to get my stake back, £200 volume, £0 liability).
Fishbone

Post by Fishbone »

Dyl wrote:
i'll be keeping tabs and hoping to benefit if you share your info mate
Will be happy to share, as long as it doesn't go down the route of Fionn's system :lol:
shreddie

Post by shreddie »

davids cross wrote:Ha ha,

I've got a self exclusion from some ultra muggy site called Betclic.

I only signed up to if for the whole free bet lark and due to some very stringent withdrawal procedure I have managed to get £250 stuck in there without any possibilty of getting it out in the near future.

My take on this is to waste a £1 bet on Betclic everyday. So I would in effect waste the £250 away over a period of time...

I then thought bugger it and just closed it with a chosen date..........think it's around Sept I can go back to it.......aint gonna make no difference, I've got to send them birth certificates, driving licenses, national insurance documents..........and they are not even in Britian.

My mate scanned my driving license and sent it to them, I haven't got a scanner myself.............."sorry sir, we need one with a photo on the driving license"....withdrawal denied.. :lol:
Psssh...bonus abuser!
davids cross
Uncle David

Post by davids cross »

shreddie wrote: Psssh...bonus abuser!
Thanks shredd.... 8-)
shreddie

Post by shreddie »

davids cross wrote: Thanks shredd....
PM ;)
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1639 likes
Total likes: 507 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Put £40 on Germany to beat Italy within 90 mins at evens.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

i've got quite a bit on the germans. I will be really really unhappy if they lose.

Both teams to score in the 1st half.

5/1

My basis?

Because it didn't happen last night.

Cheerio £4.25...

W*nker
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1026 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Dyl wrote:i've got quite a bit on the germans. I will be really really unhappy if they lose.
Don''t mention the WAgeR
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

you ****ing ****ing pisstaking **** of a ****ing ****
BSB1

Post by BSB1 »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Both teams to score in the 1st half.

5/1

My basis?

Because it didn't happen last night.

Cheerio £4.25...

W*nker
I stuck £10 of my free £20 sign up money from Boyles on Italy. It's now paid for my £10 E/W on the young tour rider, given me a score back and I've still got a tenner free bet.

Yeah, cheers.

If I'd have stuck it on Italy, Balotelli would have been sent off after 13 minutes for a reckless lunge on Mats Hummels
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 367 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

O Woe is me :wink:

Just checked my bank and in the last 3 weeks, in P/L I've lost about £250

Can't be arsed trawling through all my bets in that time, but a fair guess would be a total of about 80-100 bets placed.

A fair guess would be that I've won or got a small return e/w on about 10-15 of those.

Don't think I'm very good at gambling and might be a good idea to stop. :|