Today i bumped into...

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

10 Iron

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by 10 Iron »

A Lamp Post, got a lot more sense out of it than some on here 8-)
Last edited by 10 Iron on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patsy was my hero

Post by patsy was my hero »

At my local Virgin gym in Chelmsford i was chatting to Stuart Slater,to be fair i've been passing the time of day with him for quite a while now,he is involved with training apprentices at Chelmsford City and to be honest he is a properly nice bloke,always got time to talk and the lads he trains seem to have a lot of respect for him.
When you think of the tossers that play football these days with their heads stuck up their own arses,it is good to talk to someone who is just an ordinary bloke,
He does a lot of hospitality on match days and like i said he is a top bloke
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by upton girlie »

Peter Andre, in Costa Coffee.
There I was, awaiting my friend to join me, when he walked in. No-one else there so he sat near and chatted about the local area and stuff.
My friend walked in and then quickly walked out, went to her car and reappeared two minutes later with brushed hair, lippy and her skirt slightly raised.
I've taken the piss all day :lol:
dodgy dave
Has liked: 112 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by dodgy dave »

upton girlie wrote:Peter Andre, in Costa Coffee.
There I was, awaiting my friend to join me, when he walked in. No-one else there so he sat near and chatted about the local area and stuff.
My friend walked in and then quickly walked out, went to her car and reappeared two minutes later with brushed hair, lippy and her skirt slightly raised.
I've taken the piss all day :lol:
He must of been snooping on the opposition he's got his own coffee shop in East Grinstead.
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by upton girlie »

dodgy dave wrote: He must of been snooping on the opposition he's got his own coffee shop in East Grinstead.
Nah...His brother is/was in our local hospital and PA, being rather particular, doesn't like hospital coffee :D
lewisham-mer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by lewisham-mer »

glenda Jackson at tesco petrol station in Lewisham this morning.
Dubai Iron

Post by Dubai Iron »

I unexpetedly had lunch today with Geoffrey Boycott at the Abu Dhabi Golf Tournament. After England's dismal performance yesterday in the test match he had an extra day off from commentating for test match special. Loves to talk & had lots of interesting stories about his old mate Brian Clough.

Also met Jason Robinson, England rugby world cup winner. Good lad.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

Theo Paphitis in Waitrose, getting his arse pinched off someone. Odd business.
Jonah
Has liked: 635 likes
Total likes: 537 likes

Post by Jonah »

Last night - Patrick Stewart making it so in M&S Food, Southwark Street.

..and lunchtime, twice this week I've seen (...and it took me a few hours to try and remember where I'd seen the face) Tobias Menzies going into Tortillas.
Dynan1

Post by Dynan1 »

Shane Lynche of Boyzone fame in Redhill, coming out of M&S.

And before any of you start, I only know it was him becasue I was with some of the girls from work and they all started cooing.I really didn't know who he was. Honest. :oops:
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist

stuboy wrote:Last night - Patrick Stewart making it so in M&S Food, Southwark Street.
You clocked Picard buying his "Meal for two for £10"? ****ing sweet. I'd have been all over that:

"You know in Season 4 Episode 12 when you attacked that Ferrengi warship? It had shipments of dilithium in hits cargo hold, so how come it didn't cause a static warp shell when you fired on it with your photon torpedoes?"
Monkey Mike
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Monkey Mike »

Philosophical Dan wrote:
You clocked Picard buying his "Meal for two for £10"? f***ing sweet. I'd have been all over that:

"You know in Season 4 Episode 12 when you attacked that Ferrengi warship? It had shipments of dilithium in hits cargo hold, so how come it didn't cause a static warp shell when you fired on it with your photon torpedoes?"
:lol:
Jonah
Has liked: 635 likes
Total likes: 537 likes

Post by Jonah »

Philosophical Dan wrote:You clocked Picard buying his "Meal for two for £10"? f***ing sweet. I'd have been all over that:

:lol:

Not being a Trekky that means nothing to me, I did feel like shouting out...kin 'ell it's Emporer Septim VII !!

Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist

stuboy wrote:Septim
Isn't that the bit between the nostrils that Daniella Westbrook doesn't have?
Monkey Mike
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Monkey Mike »

Philosophical Dan wrote:Isn't that the bit between the nostrils that Daniella Westbrook doesn't have?
I wonder if she's ever been nose ****ed?.....I'm going with yes. Yes she has.
Sloffy

Post by Sloffy »

hammerddh wrote:Last Friday
Bradley Walsh on the Central Line
Got off as did i at Buckhurst Hill and dived in a taxi
Been shopping but looked rough as sandpaper
My mate works for barclays canary wharf, and apparently, every year an over 35s football team made up of employees play a friendly match at Rod Stewarts house against a Rod 11.

Its a real privilege to be picked, and my mate was selected. In the game he was being marked by Bradley Walsh, and said he was a great fella - always chatting, laughing etc, and pleaded with my mate not to foul him as he had filming the next day.

Autographs, photos etc, so all authentic and not some bull**** story

On a side issue, Rod Stewarts football pitch - in his house grounds - is immaculate, and he has a gardener / groundsman to tend to it. By all accounts he wasnt happy cos a piece of turf wasnt right !!
Upton Larks

Post by Upton Larks »

Met Sinead Moynihan at Manchester School of Acting. Got roped into it last minute with work ... and thank god I did!! This girl is stunning!!!

http://ubuhle.com/fullphotos/sinead-moynihan.jpg
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Just had a coffee with Julian White and Boris Stankovich (who the hell are they), in town to play Exeter Chiefs , really nice blokes felt a complete twat when I just looked them up on the web and the first has 51 England caps , shows what I know about egg chasers !
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist

cockney farmer wrote:Just had a coffee with Julian White and Boris Stankovich (who the hell are they), in town to play Exeter Chiefs , really nice blokes felt a complete twat when I just looked them up on the web and the first has 51 England caps , shows what I know about egg chasers !
You don't know who Julian White is? Weren't you watching in 2003?
johnpantsil

Post by johnpantsil »

Met Stuart Pearce at a station 'Sports Personality of the Year' do the other week. Think he may have had one too many ports by the end of the night!

Good bloke though. Gave up his free time to come and hand out some meaningless gongs to sporty RAF-type people :thup: