Today i bumped into...

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Romford
Big X

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Romford »

I have the best eyes of anyone i know fella....maybe its you in love mode 8-)
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

I never bump into famous people. Infact I'm normally so in my own little world I don't ever realise that I'm near one.

I once sat next to Shane Richie on a plane flight and for an hour and didn't notice and when I did it was only because when he got up to use the bog my mate asked me if I had spoken to him yet :lol:

I could bump into the Queen and break her hip and still not realise it was her.
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

The fella that plays Dan the bearded weirdo in Him & Her was on my train yesterday - must have gotten on at Penzance because he was in my carriage the whole way and he didn't get on at the same time as me.

BeastieBoy

Post by BeastieBoy »

Tarbs wrote:Was it the faces you recognised?

To be fair, Lucy Pinder was wearing glasses, dressed down in leggings and a jumper, and it was her mate who I recognized from a lad's mag first before I saw her. Then it was doubly confirmed by hearing Lucy's voice as I've seen her interviewed on TV before. She's littler than you might think, like most celebs I reckon. The jumper was sadly unflattering to her thrupenny bits, but I suppose you would dress like that out of hours if you were her.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Tuesday I bumped into Mick McCarthy in one of the M40 services, one of those "Is it him or is it some bloke who looks vaguely like him?" moments. He seemed like a nice bloke, happy to chat. TBH I was only really sure when I saw him and his missus getting into a baby ferrari :lol:
ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Post by ooh look who it is »

Romford wrote:Surprised they didn't snap her up with her looks mate
Wouldn't allow it mate. Selling her off for 80 quid an episode no thanks.

Bumped into Nasty Nick Cotton last night in Piccadilly. Dressed exactly like as ihe was still paying the part.
Jonah
Has liked: 637 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by Jonah »

Hammer Laffers wrote:Infact I'm normally so in my own little world I don't ever realise that I'm near one.
I have a wife like that. On holiday in Barbados '03 we were at a restaurant table one night when a big group walked in behind me. "looks like the Ilford cricket team" I turned round to see Jayasuriya, Tillakaratne, et all getting ready for a team meal, they were playing WI in a couple of ODIs that week.
Later that same holiday, we were at another restaurant waiting to be seated, I went to the toilet and had to wait a few minutes as there was a queue (plus I had to speak to the manager to make sure that my plan for the wedding proposal that night was good to go). When I come back she was talking to a few women who where standing next to their husbands at the bar. "Here he is, I thought you'd fallen down the hole" she exclaimed. We were seated a couple of minutes later and she asked why I was a bit quiet. "Oh, I just felt a bit awkward standing there like a spare part while you chatted away to Alan Shearer, Shay Given and Gary Speed's wifes."
Steelyhammer

Post by Steelyhammer »

Hugh Fraser who plays "Hastings" in Poirot in Kensington yesterday.

mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 839 likes

Post by mushy »

Hammer Laffers wrote:I never bump into famous people. Infact I'm normally so in my own little world I don't ever realise that I'm near one.

I once sat next to Shane Richie on a plane flight and for an hour and didn't notice and when I did it was only because when he got up to use the bog my mate asked me if I had spoken to him yet :lol:

I could bump into the Queen and break her hip and still not realise it was her.
This for me as well, plus the fact that at least 50% of the people on this thread I have never even heard of (mostly Towie folk), never mind actually know what they look like.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Ex-Ipswich and Liverpool legend John Wark in a chinese restaurant in Ipswich.
thebassmonkey

Post by thebassmonkey »

Hardman Dennis Waterman on Goldhawk Road yesterday, filming New Tricks.

He looks old.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

simonpaulthomas wrote:The fella that plays Dan the bearded weirdo in Him & Her was on my train yesterday - must have gotten on at Penzance because he was in my carriage the whole way and he didn't get on at the same time as me.

He's a good mate of mine - worked with him a few years ago & still have a bunch of mutual friends. Bumped into him in Ikea last year & whispered (loudly enough for him to hear) to my wife "Oh my GOD - it's that bloke off TV!!!".

Great bloke & unquestionably the funniest person I ever worked with.
orpingtonhammer

Post by orpingtonhammer »

upton girlie wrote: Do you mean Mick McCarthy?
If so, he was in there again this afternoon!

Seen him in the Five Bells at Chelsfield on more than one occasion too.
Yep, whoops! Holloway used to live locally too, when his kids went to the deaf unit at Darrick Wood, never saw him though
greenstreet2

Post by greenstreet2 »

Well yesterday on way home from match bumped into jela :crest:
Foster's Volley

Post by Foster's Volley »

Oldham striker Shefki Kuqi, looking a little vexed at Leicester station mid Saturday morning
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Jimmy Floyd Hasslebank is around Liverpool Street today
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Essex cricketer Graham Napier in Chelmsford today.
JoeyL

Post by JoeyL »

Wasnt today but a few months ago I saw Paddy Kenny in a nightclub. Had a little chat with him and made the error of telling him how I hate Neil Warnock and Sheffield Utd before realising he'd taken him to QPR with him.
After this he spent the whole night doing that leaning across tapping me on the shoulder so I turned round the wrong way then sort of running of laughing. **** banter but he was a nice bloke. Surprisingly short for a GK too
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

thebassmonkey wrote:Hardman Dennis Waterman on Goldhawk Road yesterday, filming New Tricks.

He looks old.
Years ago we ruined a scene of minder; stumbling home very drunk at about 5 o'clock in the morning we saw a group of people stood round. My mate staggered up to Dennis Waterman and threw his arms round him, saying " I love you on the tele" etc etc it took a long time for him to live it down. especially after we were frogmarched off without getting any autographs by some very pissed off crew members.
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

The great Phil Parkes at the local dump in Bracknell about 20 mins ago. Both off loading timber, he was standing right in front of my car when I looked up and just said 'my hero'.

Had a nice 5 min chat with him, top fella.

Has made my weekend :thup: