Today i bumped into...

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Goldie
Total likes: 1 like

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by Goldie »

Kim Cattrall in a bar in Chichester , happy to chat , & stood a round of drinks .
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

David Gold at The Old Spotted Dog on Upton Lane, where he came along to watch Clapton against Stansted (finished 1-1, since you asked).
He's shorter than I thought...
johnk1
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by johnk1 »

Former Hammer Matty Holmes at the Bournemouth game today - now coaching the kids there. Seemed a genuinely nice guy, just like I thought he would be.
ham34mer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by ham34mer »

Gerblatz wrote:Ex-Hammer and flying winger Peter Braybrook...nice bloke and we had a good chat - I reminded him he coached me when I was a youngster at school - said he still does some work for the club on the youth side, eventhough he's into his 70's now. Made my day.
He was manager of the boy's team I played for when I was a kid. Taught us so much, not just skills (which he still had in abundance) but also about effort, attitude & sporting behaviour.

Complete gent & thoroughly top man. :thup:
Dan1326
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by Dan1326 »

Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

Not today but a few months ago I was watching my mate's band in Swansea and got talking to this bloke who'd come down that day to have half of the top of his face tattooed (the bottom was already done). Despite the appearance he seemed an OK bloke and wanted to hire the band for a wedding in Essex.
Turns out it was Billy Boy Martindale who I'd never heard of until he was murdered a few weeks ago.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

johnk1 wrote:Former Hammer Matty Holmes at the Bournemouth game today - now coaching the kids there. Seemed a genuinely nice guy, just like I thought he would be.
:thup:

Use to love Matty, flying down the wing (I think that was him...) remember he scored a cracker against the Mickeys in the Redknapp years, always remember that game as when the guy on the tannoy was reading out the teams, he got to Jamie Redknapp and said No.? Jamie "Don't forget your dad" Redknapp, as strangely for us we were in a bit of a relegation fight at the time. Didn't Matty go onto Blackburn? Always thought he was going to go far but he never really set the world on fire. I may well have got this all wrong, I have been to bed since this game and my memory is proper ***** for stuff like this!
thebassmonkey

Post by thebassmonkey »

David Tennant and his (lovely) wife Georgia Moffat in Sainsburys Chiswick.
johnk1
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by johnk1 »

Use to love Matty, flying down the wing
He did go on to Blackburn where things didn't work out for him (he told me he wished he had stayed at West Ham), was then sold to Charlton and shortly after suffered a career ending injury from a Kevin Muscat tackle. He successfully sued Muscat for damages a few years later.
Concerned of Canvey
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Concerned of Canvey »

Lee Evans at the game on Saturday and was chatting to him with my daughter.

What a lovely, humble and down to earth man.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

johnk1 wrote: He did go on to Blackburn where things didn't work out for him (he told me he wished he had stayed at West Ham), was then sold to Charlton and shortly after suffered a career ending injury from a Kevin Muscat tackle. He successfully sued Muscat for damages a few years later.
Cheers John :thup:

Didn't remember the Muscat incident, what a surprise it was him that done it! Good knowledge that man!
MintChocChip

Post by MintChocChip »

A few weeks ago I was standing at the bus stop at about midnight waiting for the bus home - when Neil Finn from Crowded House walked over from the other side of the road and popped into the news agent's behind me. I was just working out what to say to him, when he dashed out, crossed the road and was gone before I had the chance to speak to him.
backhouse21
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by backhouse21 »

last night at the Arsenal reserves match at Underhill (live round the corner) i met:

Frimpong
Wilshere
Sagna
Jenkinson
Santos
Wenger
Bould
Pat Rice
Liam Brady
Senderos! (haha)
Keown

:thup:
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by upton girlie »

Bumped into David Haye (boxer) in my local garden centre today. He asked my friend and I for some help choosing some bulbs for his new garden.
Knowing he is a staunch Millwall supporter, I filled up his trolley with some lovely Downham Royal Dahlias (in deep claret) and some Allium Caeruleum (in Light Blue).

Can't wait to see the West Ham colours flourish in the spring/summer 8-)
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Ha ha :clap: - excellent stuff UG. Do they flower at the same time? Wonder if he'll cotton on?
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Guerilla Gardening! Nice work, Agent Upton :thup:
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

upton girlie wrote:Bumped into David Haye (boxer) in my local garden centre today. He asked my friend and I for some help choosing some bulbs for his new garden.
Knowing he is a staunch Millwall supporter, I filled up his trolley with some lovely Downham Royal Dahlias (in deep claret) and some Allium Caeruleum (in Light Blue).

Can't wait to see the West Ham colours flourish in the spring/summer 8-)

UG nice one with color scheme not as staunch as you might believe , got a bit of a soft spot for rent boys must be a celeb thing ... Still either way .happy days
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

MintChocChip wrote:A few weeks ago I was standing at the bus stop at about midnight waiting for the bus home - when Neil Finn from Crowded House walked over from the other side of the road and popped into the news agent's behind me. I was just working out what to say to him, when he dashed out, crossed the road and was gone before I had the chance to speak to him.
What would you have said? "Why do you insist on writing such bland and pointless music?".
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Alan Pardew in Babble, Berkley Square tonight
whuben
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by whuben »

Joe Brown singer and guitarist near Great Portland St.