Today i bumped into...

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

continental skills
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by continental skills »

pablo jaye wrote:
Did you enjoy it? Fabulous place I thought, as was Vietnam as a whole - we didn't have any 5 year olds either as went on a Sunday, but there were a fair few young lads who appeared to be having a few days leave from the army, visiting with their families. The noticeable thing about them was that their uniforms were slightly too big, almost as if they were given one to last for the entire length of their stnt in the army and they would fill it up by the time they left!
Loved it! Like pretty much every place we went. Spent four weeks travelling, south to north.
And got completely hooked on Vietnamese coffee!
whuben
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by whuben »

Forgot to mention. FA cup game Ravel was in the box next to me with 2 of his mates. From my brief chats with him and his mates over the course of the game they were not the ghetto gangsters I would have expected of them
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2609 likes
Total likes: 937 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

continental skills wrote:And got completely hooked on Vietnamese coffee!
Yup did the same - bought some coffee back along with one of their metal cafetieres and stocked up on a vat-load of condensed milk!!
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

That'd be the stuff that they filter through a weasels digestive system presumably?
SoulCircus
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 89 likes

Post by SoulCircus »

Charles Dance AKA Tywin Lannister from Game of Thrones came into our shop today. He bought a baseball cap.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

fjthegrey wrote:That'd be the stuff that they filter through a weasels digestive system presumably?
Used to get this coffee from a shop next to the school I worked in. One day I went in to collect and the lady was blowing the condensed milk through the tin into the cup. She looked guilty when I saw it so must have been regular practice. Never got ill btw.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1669 likes
Total likes: 518 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Apparently I bumped into Tiny Tempah last night in Canary Wharf car park, according to my companion. and he is tiny!
shakawakahislop
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by shakawakahislop »

Wish I didn't but half an hour ago on my way to work walked past topic of the month Clarke carlisle down Loftus road, he did not look good at all, looked like he didn't even really care where he was, he looked troubled beyond repair, What he done was selfish but I do still hope he gets through his pain
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

shakawakahislop wrote:Wish I didn't but half an hour ago on my way to work walked past topic of the month Clarke carlisle down Loftus road, he did not look good at all, looked like he didn't even really care where he was, he looked troubled beyond repair, What he done was selfish but I do still hope he gets through his pain
Two lorry drivers done a u turn.
irongav
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by irongav »

Bill Nighy at Blackfriars tube, Mrs tried to do a cheeky selfie and he clocked her walked over and said"what you doing ****ing me out, please ask me if you want a picture" quality fella, he then proceeded to wish us and our team luck for the afternoon ( Mrs had claret n blue scarf)
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

SoulCircus wrote:Charles Dance AKA Tywin Lannister from Game of Thrones came into our shop today. He bought a baseball cap.
I would've been speechless.
cowelly2006

Post by cowelly2006 »

I travel to Glasgow for work fairly regularly and the last two flights have been interesting.

Just before Christmas Billy Connolly was on my flight, he didn't look very well at all.

Last week Tony Hadley and Martin Kemp were on the same flight - I wanted to ask for a cheeky rendition of Gold!

I will remember to post on the same day next time!
beckton

Post by beckton »

Tonight, Jack Collison at a petrol station near Milton Keynes

After he paid for his petrol we grabbed him and he had his picture taken with my son and daughter. I know everyone seems to say this about him but he does seem a really nice fella.
ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Post by ooh look who it is »

Mauro Zarate in Sainsburys
Billy_Boy
Has liked: 8 likes

Post by Billy_Boy »

^ Perhaps he was after some Zarate Chops for his dinner.

I'll get my coat :oops:
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

Anyone ever bumped into Morrison in Morrison's or does he call it Ravel's!!!
Cornet

Post by Cornet »

Kp. Son had a masterclass session 2 hours down at the age as. Can only speak as I find and he was superb. Not aloof or arrogant. Smashing bloke did 2 hrs and watched each kid bat and gave tips. Was great with kids and parents and spent ages doing pics and signing. Seemed a right laugh as well.
Frank The Mac

Post by Frank The Mac »

Was just about to leave the BA Lounge at Heathrow a couple of weeks ago, and Noel Gallagher came and sat on the couch next to me. Would have asked for a quick photo but had to rush to catch a flight.
Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Rasp »

A scaffold pole, f*** me it did narf hurt.
mjustincredible
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by mjustincredible »

Peter Crouch & his Mrs Abbey Clancy, watching bands in the back room of the Rhythm Factory, Whitechapel last night