Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Lack of public toilets in central London.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

The Mrs has given me the right hump. She smokes, but has always kept it from her parents, and they still don't know. We went out for a meal them today, and the Mrs drove me and the little 'un in her car. As we were leaving and got to the car, the mother-in-law noticed that little bits of ash had blown on to the parcel shelf. She asked if it was ash, and the wife replied that it was, and she'd asked me time and again not to smoke in her car when I used it. I then got moaned at by the mother-in-law, with her giving it, oh that's not nice, if you have to smoke in there when you use it, at least be careful malarkey.

Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but it did give me the proper hump. It's her ****ing choice to lie to them about her smoking, but for f*** sake, don't start bull-****ting and make me look a **** in the process. :x
Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Slacking student »

Northern rail and their retarded, thick customer service. No common sense applied whatsoever
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

-DL- wrote:
Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but it did give me the proper hump. It's her ****ing choice to lie to them about her smoking, but for **** sake, don't start bull-****ting and make me look a **** in the process. :x
I'd of been telling the truth to the mother in law at that point.

Surprised you didnt DL?
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Surprised you didnt DL?
Couldn't be bothered to be honest. Couldn't be bothered with dealing with the fall-out and getting **** off of her for the next god knows how long.
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

Monkeybubbles wrote:Nobody likes change.

What's the point of the 2p piece? Why charge £2.98 for something anyhow, why not round it up and do everybody a favour? Is there anything you can buy in a shop for less than 10p now? No there isn't, so why keep the cocking coins floating around in the system anyway? I have got a bath load of 1p, 2p and 5p pieces, I'm not gonna be the tosser that buys a Chai ****ing Latte and stands there counting out two quids worth of poxy old coins, all sticky with a billion other ****'s smegma and fecal matter. When I buy a Twix from the vending machine and I hear half a dozen tinny clanks from the change tunnel, my ****ing heart sinks, that's just taking the ****, "here, have some little bits of money that you'll never spend, we don't ****ing want it either. You lose. And your Twix is out of date, lardy ****". I would join the queue at Lidl for the machine that your pour a vat of change into while you're wearing a tracksuit, but the time it takes is worth far more than the ****ing £3 voucher I'd get. I can book a flight to Venezuela and a hooker with three tits on my phone, why do I need to carry around a pocketload of base metal just in case I want a ****ing Twix? **** this life.
This! I was in Sainsbury's yesterday and went to the self checkout chucked a £5 note. Get my 70p change, the first three coins are 20p's so I expect a 10p next! No, I get five 2p's instead, why!! If I went through a normal till the person on there would of given me proper change but these sodding machines just want to get rid of the crap it doesn't want therefore filling my pockets with unnecessary coinage!
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

come on DL, take it like the big brother covering for the younger... unity against the grown-ups! Image

look at the bright side, the mum in law would have moaned about something anyway, and now the wife owes you one.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 581 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Ridiculous application form question:

Tell us why we should hire you above other candidates

Well, cos I know them and let me tell you they're all c**** and I'm such an arrogant, egotistical prick that I equate working performance with feeling that I'm superior to everyone else. Including you.

(I resent being put off applying for this job (teaching in the Emirates) and I may actually send this as a reply :evil: )
lewisham-mer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by lewisham-mer »

vietnammer wrote:Ridiculous application form question:

Well, cos I know them and let me tell you they're all ***** and I'm such an arrogant, egotistical prick that I equate working performance with feeling that I'm superior to everyone else. Including you.

(I resent being put off applying for this job (teaching in the Emirates) and I may actually send this as a reply :evil: )

On this topic: a question asked by the US Embassy on my recent tourist visa application was something like:

"Have you ever, or do you intend to, take or taken part in any terrorist activity?"

Hmmmm...like anyone is gonna say Yes to that one
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

-DL- wrote: Couldn't be bothered to be honest. Couldn't be bothered with dealing with the fall-out and getting **** off of her for the next god knows how long.
You took a bullet for her therefore you have free reign to park your bus where you please, it you know what I mean! :wink:
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 581 likes

Post by vietnammer »

lewisham-mer wrote:On this topic: a question asked by the US Embassy on my recent tourist visa application was something like:

"Have you ever, or do you intend to, take or taken part in any terrorist activity?"

Thing is with those landing card questions (I think) is it strengthens any legal base they may have for prosecuting people for crime and terrorism, stupid as they may seem. Another one used to be were you between 1935 and 1945 party to actions by the government of Nazi Germany? (oh darn, you've caught me!).

Be fair to them, there is a reason for the questions.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Aye. Your cock, an' all.
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

My brother-in-law has started posting pics on Facebook complaining about multiculturalism and diversity.
I have no problem with that per se, if that's what you feel then that's up to you.
Except.....he is a church elder, and has an adopted black son.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

WHU_Del wrote:Except.....he is a church elder,
perfectly in line then!
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

BARKING IRON wrote:James ****ing corden wish he would **** off from every advert, I don't care that he is West Ham he is a unfunny twat who loves rimming celebs
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that BARKING. Apparently, he's not very nice to the TV crews he works with as well. Not sure how that goes down in the U S of A!
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Well, cos I know them and let me tell you they're all ***** and I'm such an arrogant, egotistical prick that I equate working performance with feeling that I'm superior to everyone else. Including you.

Just say 'to demonstrate your good judgement'.
delbert
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Lack of public toilets in central London.
You are the ghost George Michael and I would like to claim my crisp vegan unfriendly five pound note please.......
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

It's a good way of ensuring that the successful candidate will be a super-confident,egotistical **** of The Apprentice standard and will fit in well with the smug ***** who are doing the interviewing.
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

vietnammer wrote:
Thing is with those landing card questions (I think) is it strengthens any legal base they may have for prosecuting people for crime and terrorism, stupid as they may seem. Another one used to be were you between 1935 and 1945 party to actions by the government of Nazi Germany? (oh darn, you've caught me!).

Be fair to them, there is a reason for the questions.[/quote]

Straight away sorts the sober from the pissed
Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Slacking student »

Discovering at 7am that my shoes have a gaping hole in them so my feet are all wet at work. Might have to pop into Primark and get some cheap ones as a stop gap.