Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sandbanks

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by sandbanks »

'Baby Onboard' badges. If you need a badge to tell me you're carrying a few extra cells in your womb because it isn't visually obvious then you're standing. If I can see that you are plainly several months down the line then you are welcome to my seat if you want it. But by then you don't need that ****ing badge anyway.
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

Some women get pregnant just to get a seat.
prince_huggy
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by prince_huggy »

bobbymooresbracelet wrote:Some women get pregnant just to get a seat.
I once got pregnant just to get a seat :P
Burningaham

Post by Burningaham »

I once got pregnant by sitting on a moist seat
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

sandbanks wrote:'Baby Onboard' badges. If you need a badge to tell me you're carrying a few extra cells in your womb because it isn't visually obvious then you're standing. If I can see that you are plainly several months down the line then you are welcome to my seat if you want it. But by then you don't need that ****ing badge anyway.
To be fair it's not the difficulty with standing due to having a large baby at that stage but the fact that a lot of women can feel like crap in early pregnancy as their bodies go through a lot and standing on a moving train can make it even worse.

They're not wearing the badge for fun.

Carry on being a **** though.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 802 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

c**** come in all shapes and sizes. I once offered by seat up for a pregnant women. Her response was that she was pregnant not disabled. Silly bitch.

Anyway whilst talking about trains and tubes.....

Getting on at Bank and then getting off at Liverpool Street. Seriously by the time you got down to the platform and then up the other side, why not just walk you lazy twat.
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

I think the basic rule is that you offer your seat to pregnant women, the disabled and the elderly.

However, there is a part of me that gets irritated with people clearly in their 70s travelling in the middle of the rush hour.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

I had no issue with giving my seat to the pregnant lady, even if I was a little irritated at being woken up when there was plenty of other seats around, although I suspect that was mainly because I was next to the door and the carriage was busy. It was mainly the rude way she dismissed my offer, as if I'd insulted her by having the temerity to sit in HER seat to begin with.

Then again women go extra mental when they're pregnant. Too many hormones. The missus is 5 months at the moment and went schizo the other day because the music channel was on but they were only playing 30 seconds of each song before "mixing" in the next one. I thought she was going to destroy my TV.
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

Claretdave wrote: However, there is a part of me that gets irritated with people clearly in their 70s travelling in the middle of the rush hour.
Yes, how dare they need to travel (maybe to a hospital appointment, for example) at times that aren't convenient for you.
Czech Hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Czech Hammer »

sendô wrote:General rudeness.

Sleeping on the district line on the way home last night, I get a tap on the shoulder from some bloke - there's a pregnant woman, would I give her my seat?

No problem, so I say to her "Would you like to sit down?" expecting a "Yes please". Instead I get a "Yes, I would ACTUALLY."

Not a word of thanks.
''Pardon me for nodding off fatty. Have a seat you miserable old bat.''
Jennings
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 243 likes

Post by Jennings »

Where's the group hug emoticon?

Way too much testosterone and not enough love.
bondsbootlaces
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by bondsbootlaces »

Was on crutches this time last year. There was a couple of pregnant women sat down, a couple of old boys and their wives on a district line as well as me. There was also 1 geezer, dressed all in spandex with his bike on the bloody train who proceeded to refuse to give up his seat to a very old geezer with a walking stick. The **** responded "nah sorry" then pretended to be asleep, within seconds! I got up and gave the old boy my seat which he was thankful of. The cyclist wasn't very happy when after stifling giggles at me almost falling over, we went over a bump of some kind and the only place for my crutch was the centre of his foot. 15st at that time woke him up alright!
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

WHU_Del wrote: Yes, how dare they need to travel (maybe to a hospital appointment, for example) at times that aren't convenient for you.
Quite possibly, but quite possibly for a day out.

Call me harsh, but pensioner's free travel should not include the rush hour.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

RichieRiv wrote:***** come in all shapes and sizes. I once offered by seat up for a pregnant women. Her response was that she was pregnant not disabled. Silly bitch.

Anyway whilst talking about trains and tubes.....

Getting on at Bank and then getting off at Liverpool Street. Seriously by the time you got down to the platform and then up the other side, why not just walk you lazy twat.
If you notice someone pregnant or elderly then you should offer them your seat. As you did. I offered someone my mum's age a seat once and she had a go at me for suggesting she was old.

You did the right thing, as did I, and it came back to bite us. It hasn't made me any less likely to offer my seat to someone though.
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

The amount of weirdos you get on the bus!
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

WHU_Del wrote: Yes, how dare they need to travel (maybe to a hospital appointment, for example) at times that aren't convenient for you.
Claretdave wrote:
Quite possibly, but quite possibly for a day out.

Call me harsh, but pensioner's free travel should not include the rush hour.
Pretty sure the free travel is after 9:30am.
If they were travelling before then, they most likely paid some of or all their fare.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Mega Ron wrote:If you notice someone pregnant or elderly then you should offer them your seat. As you did. I offered someone my mum's age a seat once and she had a go at me for suggesting she was old.
most old mummies look at me like i just raped a blind disabled kid and the guide dog too, no way i'm offering them my seat! they have enough mouth to nag about the yoof's bad manners, they can ask for the seat too if they want it.
antony
Tory boy
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by antony »

Agree with Ron. The missus passed out standing up on a tube when about 6-8 weeks pregnant. Admittedly it was rammed and hotter than the sun but i've never known her to pass out before.

London is **** for people giving up seats. She had to go up to London when about 8 months preggers and people just looked at their feet. Whereas in Paris 6 months later I was carrying the boy and about 6 people offered me seats within 2 stops.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 719 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

antony wrote:Whereas in Paris 6 months later I was carrying the boy and about 6 people offered me seats within 2 stops.
Were you and the missus wearing German uniformz at the time? understandable if you were :lol:
XIRONSX

Post by XIRONSX »

But everyone on the tube avoids eye contact at all costs.
Did she think of asking for a seat? I would bet my life savings, which admittedly isn't much, that she would have got a seat.

I know being pregnant is special for them, but everyone's world doesn't suddenly revolve around them with everyone eagerly awaiting their arrival on the train - if people don't see them or are worried about causing offence (which I've seen on numerous occasions, even I get embarrassed) then they will give up a seat if asked.

Unless they've changed the saying to 'don't ask, don't get. Unless pregnant and on London Underground, in which case roll eyes and stand in absolute silence until someone notices you and gives you their seat'.