Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

delbert wrote:Has that actually ever been said by anyone who has been there?
Certainly not by me and I lived there for a while. By the look of things, it hasn't improved much last time I was there.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

More like "Arseholestow".
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2497 likes
Total likes: 4403 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Bad roads.

The sort that haven't been tarmaced since Julius Caesar died.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2497 likes
Total likes: 4403 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

delbert wrote: Has that actually ever been said by anyone who has been there?
Maybe by someone applying to win ****er of the century. They don't even have to have lived there. They'd probably win TBF.
'Appy 'Ammer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by 'Appy 'Ammer »

Driving to Cornwall.

If there was such a ridiculous route to get there without a motorway, this is it.

"oo look, it's The Jamaica Inn"
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Drove down in the middle of winter, frost all over the country, and I had to stop along the A303 to see the sun rising above the mist on Salisbury Plain with frosty trees poking out of it. Absolutely stunning.

Apart from that, yes. The two A roads in Cornwall are a pain in the arse.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2691 likes
Total likes: 1787 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Driving out of our little community the other day I stopped and reversed to a passing place as there was another car coming towards me , a big black Volvo 4x4 - he just went past me without even a look let alone a wave of appreciation - these kind of things irritate and anger me .
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Driving out of our little community the other day I stopped and reversed to a passing place as there was another car coming towards me , a big black Volvo 4x4 - he just went past me without even a look let alone a wave of appreciation - these kind of things irritate and anger me .
Happens everyone every day Tomos, pig ignorant people mate.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Rachel Riley on Sky Sports. Lovely to look at , but my god it is brain-dead on anything football related.
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by screech »

old people and ladies that are walking in front of you and look over their shoulder in fear as if you are going to rob them, now making it an awkward situation and making me feel guilty to be walking in the same direction as them and having to walk at a speed equivalent for needing a **** just to pass them to make a total stranger feel at ease

also at a cash machine in gants hill last week and an old indian man is using the machine in front of me, he looks over his shoulder at me and then presses cancel takes his card out and say's to me i'm too scared to use the machine now you can use it and walked off
westham,eggyandchips

'Appy 'Ammer wrote:Driving to Cornwall.

If there was such a ridiculous route to get there without a motorway, this is it.

"oo look, it's The Jamaica Inn"
What is the "going rate" to 'Wall these days? 8hrs??
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:What is the "going rate" to 'Wall these days? 8hrs??
Roughly around 6 I'd say. I did Devon in 5 hours with a few stops inbetween. This was the Devon / Cornwall border. All depends on traffic though.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2611 likes
Total likes: 938 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Driving out of our little community the other day I stopped and reversed to a passing place as there was another car coming towards me , a big black Volvo 4x4 - he just went past me without even a look let alone a wave of appreciation - these kind of things irritate and anger me .
You are undoubtedly the better person though.
westham,eggyandchips

Posts in the GD that begin "I've been a fan .... Years" like it somehow makes them and their view more important.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

screech wrote:old people and ladies that are walking in front of you and look over their shoulder in fear as if you are going to rob them, now making it an awkward situation and making me feel guilty to be walking in the same direction as them and having to walk at a speed equivalent for needing a **** just to pass them to make a total stranger feel at ease
f*** them, it's their problem. i generally try and look even scarier in those cases, checking out their purse/bags and the like. they've already labelled me as a wrong 'un anyway, might as well give 'em some good reasons.

screech wrote:also at a cash machine in gants hill last week and an old indian man is using the machine in front of me, he looks over his shoulder at me and then presses cancel takes his card out and say's to me i'm too scared to use the machine now you can use it and walked off
result!
you should have taken the piss about him being easily scared too.
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by screech »

Warp your a twisted man :lol:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Having a mare at work today, anyone who works in IT will be familiar with it. Been asked to sort out a major operational issue with a piece of infrastructure, and when I tried to troubleshoot it, I just kept uncovering more and more related issues, each with other "linked" issues that will need to be investigated. So basically, I've fixed nothing and have given myself a pile of other work to do, and am none the wiser as to what's causing the problem.
'Appy 'Ammer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by 'Appy 'Ammer »

DasNutNock wrote:Having a mare at work today, anyone who works in IT will be familiar with it. Been asked to sort out a major operational issue with a piece of infrastructure, and when I tried to troubleshoot it, I just kept uncovering more and more related issues, each with other "linked" issues that will need to be investigated. So basically, I've fixed nothing and have given myself a pile of other work to do, and am none the wiser as to what's causing the problem.
Have you tried to switch it off and on again?
Whitters
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 73 likes

Post by Whitters »

screech wrote:old people and ladies that are walking in front of you and look over their shoulder in fear as if you are going to rob them, now making it an awkward situation and making me feel guilty to be walking in the same direction as them and having to walk at a speed equivalent for needing a **** just to pass them to make a total stranger feel at ease

also at a cash machine in gants hill last week and an old indian man is using the machine in front of me, he looks over his shoulder at me and then presses cancel takes his card out and say's to me i'm too scared to use the machine now you can use it and walked off
Reminds me a bit of the lady who stood about 3 yards away and watched me park my car yesterday just in case I scraped her car that she had just parked - something I've never done in 25 years of driving. If you're that paranoid at least watch from a bit of a distance so as not to be so off-putting. I gave her a 'was that good for you??' in French once I'd parked, and she walked off in a huff.
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 272 likes
Total likes: 346 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Roughly around 6 I'd say. I did Devon in 5 hours with a few stops inbetween. This was the Devon / Cornwall border. All depends on traffic though.
Staines to Mousehole (about as far west as you can go) M4/M5/A30 in 6 hours, with a stop in Exeter services for a coffee and a slash. I have done it in 5 and a half but that was just silly.

The alternative route (M3/A303/M5/A30) is about half an hour longer unless you get stuck behind a tractor or a Rover on the A303. It is much prettier though and you don't take the risk of jams around Bristol.
It always take over an hour and a half, even 2 hours to get across Cornwall.....