Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

nickkarkie
Has liked: 65 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by nickkarkie »

Rocketron wrote:You might want to delete or edit your post, nick. You have made sure a lot of people know where your premises are.
Why? We use £1000 in change over the space of 6 days, just over £150 a day, I'm sure more of you carry that on you in your wallet every day haha
bunk
Total likes: 348 likes

Post by bunk »

People who stink. I know yesterday was pretty hot but ****ing hell, sort it out. Buy a bar of soap and some sort of shower gel / shampoo and have a shower. If you still stink, stay at home.
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

The transfer thread in the General Discussion, I'll hide in here until the schools start :asleep:
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Gormalysis wrote:The transfer thread in the General Discussion, I'll hide in here until the schools start :asleep:
General Discussion full stop! Sad thing is, it's not the people not at school that are the issue.

So much negativity! Does my nut in!
James P
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 169 likes

Post by James P »

People who write brought when they mean bought.

I see this so often. It's so odd. You only have to read out loud what you've put to realise your mistake. Irritates.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

SKY & BT customer support, I think I was redirected to India - honestly could not understand a ****ing word they were saying. The amount of times I said "sorry, could you repeat that please" Had it with BT before, but SKY I usually talk to people from Scotland/North East and up to yesterday have always been superb. Both lots of support were shocking!!!
Upminster Hammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Upminster Hammer »

I had my car stolen last night, woke up and heard the engine start, watched it drive off. Called the police to tell them it had been broken into, didn't even think that they came in the house to get the keys then saw loads of muddy foot prints by the kitchen door.

B*st*rds, I don't care about the car just angry that someone thinks its ok to break into a house while people are in.
prince_huggy
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by prince_huggy »

Upminster Hammer wrote:I had my car stolen last night, woke up and heard the engine start, watched it drive off. Called the police to tell them it had been broken into, didn't even think that they came in the house to get the keys then saw loads of muddy foot prints by the kitchen door.

B*st*rds, I don't care about the car just angry that someone thinks its ok to break into a house while people are in.
That's nasty! Really sorry to hear this and it's made me feel really sick, dread to think how you and your family feel. :(
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

We had burglars in my last place, when we were sleeping upstairs. Got in through the kitchen window, went through the wife's bag, nicked £20 and f*cked off, ignoring the iPods, iPads, laptops etc. Probably someone needing some cash for drugs.

Coppers weren't much help, understandably. Didn't find any prints, so case closed. Wasn't bothered by the money, or even that they broke in - but breaking into someone's gaff when they're asleep upstairs is f*cked up.

That was before I became a dad. If anyone tried that now, I'd hunt them to the end of the earth.
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

That's F**ked up UH. What car? A popular model?

I've had a few mates have this tried on them in Hornchurch and Gidea Park, c**ts trying to get the keys by any means through letterboxes or cutting holes in front door windows/panels. My next door neighbour was also done last year, they jimmied the porch and front door PVC doors open and tried to find the keys. They didn’t bargain on my neighbour having the most evil Jack Russell known to man living there so it scared them off.

Another mate had the whole front of his wife’s Fiesta nicked. Bonnet, bumper, wings, lights while it was parked up against their house on the drive because they couldn't find the keys.

But, coming into the house to get the keys is not on. I always hide my spare and have the main keys in the bedroom, on the assumption that if they made enough noise trying to find them they’d wake me up. Since we were burgled in our flat 8 years ago I’ve been a bit over protective of my house, after the burglar alarm, one of the first things we did was install top and bottom barrel bolts on the front, kitchen and internal door between hallway and dining room.

When I go away for the night, the Mrs always reminds me she wants one on the inside of the bedroom door as well!
Upminster Hammer
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Upminster Hammer »

It was an Evoque - we were told so many times while we had it that it was high in demand by thieves, I wont be replacing it with another. As I say I couldn't care less about the car but the thought of how they can get in without waking you is horrible. We stayed at my parents last night as my mrs wouldn't stay there. Im not sure what it is going to take to get her to think it is safe again.

The guy walked past my wallet, I-pad etc and lifted the keys off of my debit card which was on the kitchen table so clearly just wanted the car. I am going to look at installing some cameras (we already have an alarm).
LincolnshireHammer
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

I may have posted this before,

But people saying in emails and even worse in general conversation, "by the end of play on day x"
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

bunk wrote:People who stink. I know yesterday was pretty hot but ****ing hell, sort it out. Buy a bar of soap and some sort of shower gel / shampoo and have a shower. If you still stink, stay at home.
we've just had a guy in the surgery , he reeked 2 weeks ago @ his 1st appt , he reeked again @ his 2nd , and i could smell him walking up to collect some docs today too. , all with the same gear on. I just dont get some people
jastons
Has liked: 893 likes
Total likes: 849 likes

Post by jastons »

LincolnshireHammer wrote:I may have posted this before,

But people saying in emails and even worse in general conversation, "by the end of play on day x"
That's a favourite in my work. Also " back into the system" gets thrown about quite often.

"We are where we are" is always used when someone important has f*cked up and everyone else is left to deal with the fallout
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4922 likes

Post by -DL- »

People that type @ instead of at...
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

Newham hospital. Not the staff, who are brilliant, but the general organisation of the place.
A car park that allows a minimum payment of £2.20.
One entrance that's open out of hours. The one nearest to A&E but that's furthest away from the car park, which isn't great when the patient can barely stand, let alone walk.
Nowhere to get any food or drink (except vending machines) after 10pm.
One change machine to get change for said vending machines, which is as far as you can get from the out-of-hours entrance.
Seven hours to organise a patient discharge.
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

Following on from Upminster Hammer's tale of woe, petty crime generally irritates me.

A few years ago, I was doing a bit of triathlon training at one of our state parks. I'd been for a run and a bike ride and then locked my car up and went for a swim in the lake. I came back to the car about half hour later to find that some little c**t had put the driver's door window in.

Despite the fact that there was a four grand bike in the back, a pistol in a lockbox under the passenger seat and a couple dozen CDs; all they nicked was about six bucks in change that I keep in the cupholder for parking meters. New glass cost me over $200 and I had to spend two hours vacuuming bits of broken glass out of the car. I'd have given the bastards six bucks not to put the window through!

It's not really the crime I object to, more the pettiness of it and the inconvenience of dealing with it all.
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Forum spam.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

adverts for betting companies, who add '' please bet responsibly ' when they really mean ' please gamble your last £ 1 on a no chance long shot , as we really do not give a s***
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 2704 likes

Post by sendô »

Sorry to hear your take of woe UH it seems to be a tactic of burglar that they're not interested in small stuff they need to carry that'll only get a couple hundred quid, they go straight for the car keys.

I remember a guy I worked with couple years ago getting broken into at night having both cars stolen while they slept. He said the worst thing wasn't the cars, but the fact that someone got into their house while they slept.

Hope your family are ok.