Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by chigwells finest »

This irritates me on the commute, but I can't help myself doing it to others.[/quote]

ive recently found myself watching people play games on their tablets or phones.. is this allowed?

I did make an audible noise when i saw someone was about to die, that might be going too far. frightened the life out of the old dear sat next to me

i could of maimed the clown playing candy poxy crush next to me on the central line this morning, with his useless earphones pounding out some beatbox *****
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

The ignorant c**** that work in the petrol station @ Tesco gallows corner.

The odd thing is, the staff in the store itself are the complete opposite. :?
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

The bus driver this morning who, seeing that I was making a mad scramble for the bus stop but had no chance of getting there in time, promptly stopped his bus and let me onto the bus nowhere near the bus stop.

Actually, that doesn't irritate me. It was very nice of him. Good to see a bit of common decency every now and then.

I hope his bosses don't find out he stopped anywhere other than a bus stop. Apparently that's extremely dangerous.
prince_huggy
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by prince_huggy »

sendô wrote:I hope his bosses don't find out he stopped anywhere other than a bus stop. Apparently that's extremely dangerous.
It goes down to the fact that, if one person can have it, they all want it. Then it could be a danger and very time consuming. :thdn: I know but that's the rules
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Family members phoning /texting me to remind me its the birthday of another family member and that i should send them a message of congratulations.

Headbanger
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Bosses, there must be a rule somewhere that dictates they are all utter c****.
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

LincolnshireHammer wrote:
Been known in the past to have to complete a few introductory tests, a telephone interview, an assessment centre, more psychometric tests, followed by another face to face interview. :thdn:
For one job I had an initial application, followed by an exam (which was ****ing difficult when you consider to even apply for the job you had to have a 1st class degree), followed by another application. Followed by psychometric tests, followed by an interview, followed by another interview & then a 3rd interview.

& then I didn't get the job......... c****.

Just been offered a new job and went through 5 interviews for that.

It can be ****ing soul destroying. I think it's ****ing ludicrous personally. Ultimately I can see being interviewed by a junior member, then your immediate boss & maybe HR. After that what's the point?
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

That's it DZ.

Hours and hours of your time taken up in the recruitment stages for a company like you mention, with a slight chance that you'll get the job. Soul destroying and bloody waste of time sometimes. Really puts you off applying for some of these jobs.

A mate of mine has a graduate job offer with the NHS (yes I know) and only had an interview, plus an excel test and that was it!

In fairness though, not all companies are too strenuous in their recruitment campaign. I have an assessment and interview day on the South Bank soon. Got invited to this from the application, but still a lot of work to do in order to get the job at the end of the day.

Pricky companies are usually the 'blue chip' ones..!
jevs
Has liked: 477 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by jevs »

The media's hysteria every time we get a bit of snow or cold weather. The Express is known for it but breakfast TV have it as their main headline that the high ground of Scotland could get up to 6" of snow and other areas of the Uk could get 5cm. At one point, i thought the presenter was going to shoot his load when he was saying the temperature was not going to get above 2 degrees !!!!

FFS IT'S WINTER...it's what happens every year :thdn:
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

jevs wrote:The media's hysteria every time we get a bit of snow or cold weather. The Express is known for it but breakfast TV have it as their main headline that the high ground of Scotland could get up to 6" of snow and other areas of the Uk could get 5cm. At one point, i thought the presenter was going to shoot his load when he was saying the temperature was not going to get above 2 degrees !!!!

I have a friend who reads the newspaper headlines and everytime the Express forecasts a new ice age (which is at least twice each winter) she gets in a panic. As you say the headlines are that there could be several feet of snow but hidden in smaller print is that this is in the Cairngorms - funny that, a mountain range getting snow in winter.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Mega Ron wrote:My old man has always been a drinker but has started really going for it the last few years.

He's become so selfish about things and makes no effort with anyone that I constantly want to cut him out of our lives....
Sounds like fairly classic behaviour. The only way it'll change is if he wants it to, or you very definitively state that either the booze goes or you do, collectively as a family/close group of friends.

We did an intervention for my brother and it did work really well. The group is almost impossible to reject if they are united and focussed on achieving a similar outcome. He was coming up to 2 years clean., was doing so well they had offered him a job working for the rehab centre. That's all done now though as he slipped, the regular testing they do came up positive and he was kicked out, instantly and no questions asked.

In the short term you can quite effectively give them a kick into action. Long term though, they're kind of on their own. It's a shame that my family and any semblance of the life we had growing up isn't quite as appealing as heroin but there ya go.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

LincolnshireHammer wrote: A mate of mine has a graduate job offer with the NHS (yes I know) and only had an interview, plus an excel test and that was it!
The job I'm in now, I had a quick meet with the company recruiter, which was a basic what are you doing now, how much do you want etc I had one interview with the director, which I turned up half hour late for because I couldnt find the place, during which I probably said about 10 words before the guy as good as offered me the job, pending a meet with the guy who was going to be my boss, which in itself was just a coffee first thing in the morning while he moaned about how **** all the companies working for him were.

In fact looking back, if they hadnt been offering so much more money than my old company I might have turned it down.
Whitters
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by Whitters »

jevs wrote:The media's hysteria every time we get a bit of snow or cold weather. The Express is known for it but breakfast TV have it as their main headline that the high ground of Scotland could get up to 6" of snow and other areas of the Uk could get 5cm. At one point, i thought the presenter was going to shoot his load when he was saying the temperature was not going to get above 2 degrees !!!!

They're predicting up to 2m of snow in some of the French Alpine resorts this weekend. The Express would implode if that ever hit the UK.
We_are_BML
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by We_are_BML »

When one says math instead of maths as shown in the betting thread
raggy

Post by raggy »

Grammar nazis :oops:
r99c
Has liked: 708 likes
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by r99c »

raggy wrote:Grammar nazis :oops:
Grammar Nazis. *
raggy

Post by raggy »

I hate you guys :x
'stone hammer
Has liked: 787 likes
Total likes: 546 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

You forgot the full stop again.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Shaking a bottle of orange juice in the office & the lid was half off, showering my colleagues & their laptops in OJ.
Obviously resulting in deserved merciless ridicule from my colleagues this afternoon.
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

"Watch your fingers!"

C***s