Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

sendô wrote:Charity in general is starting to irritate me of late. It seems barely a day goes past now without someone bothering me for sponsorship for something. Marathons, 10k runs, cycling somewhere, Stoptober, Sober October, Movember, The Poppy Appeal, dry January, etc etc amongst many others.

I'm not saying any are undeserving, but it seems to be non stop. It's too much, and people are starting to resent it.
Children in Need coming up too... 8-)
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

The worst of the lot. The sheer un-funniness of it all makes me not want to donate, despite how good a cause it's for.
Last edited by sendô on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

sendô wrote:The worst of the lot. The sheet un-funniness of it all makes me not want to donate, despite how good a cause it's for.
I'd gladly pay not to have Lenny Henry on TV for a few hours.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Trying to enjoy my morning coffee and scone in a cafe when I have (and these were their real names) Olivier, Pippa and Rupert sitting behind me discussing formulas and spreadsheets. I've never heard so much BS spouted by 3 human beings in my entire life. :thdn:
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

pippa - means "w@nk" in italian.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Comparing multivitamins in the supermarket. All on offer at the same price, all contain 30 tablets. So decide to go for the nice looking 'fruity chewable' ones. Last check, yep, all the same price, all have 30 tablets so good for a month.

Get home, look at back of pack

"Take 2 daily"

You b*stards.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

£6.50 transaction fee when paying for gig tickets! What the :shock:
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I know I am being incredibly small minded, but when people talk about Man Utd but always call them united, it ****ing does my nut in!!!
prince_huggy
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by prince_huggy »

^^^ That pokes my nugget too! I always say "Which one? West Ham? Newcastle? etc"
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Latest "lift etiquette" rant. This time, I'm in a crowd queuing up for the lift behind 2 others. The two go in, one pushes the button, the other stands just inside the lift, but right in the middle of the doors, facing out, and the 2nd then joins him, so both are completely barring the entry to the lift. The the other 15 people then have to push past both them, as the 2 cretins proceed to huff and glare at the temerity of everyone using their lift.
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

They probably drive BMW's..

I'm currently having to re write a shed load of COSHH assessments, not signing off an annual review, actually having to re write the fuckin things completely.
The reason why? Because some civil servant fucknugget decides they need to be seen to be doing something so updated the old assessment sheet ever so slightly. This means the thousands of assessments up and down the country in various government departments are now instantly out of date.
Hundreds of thousands of man hours is now being wasted because of this. Still, it's only taxpayers money being spunked up the wall over this.........
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 580 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Keeps you off the cider though eh?
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

Only until I print the safety data sheets for it and update the process on the COSHH assessment, I reckon I'll have that done by about tomorrow evening mate. Then I can sign some out from the COSHH locker and put this stupid week behind me......... :)
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Kludgehammer wrote:Latest "lift etiquette" rant. This time, I'm in a crowd queuing up for the lift behind 2 others. The two go in, one pushes the button, the other stands just inside the lift, but right in the middle of the doors, facing out, and the 2nd then joins him, so both are completely barring the entry to the lift. The the other 15 people then have to push past both them, as the 2 cretins proceed to huff and glare at the temerity of everyone using their lift.
The one that pissed me off twice yesterday, idiot gets in lift first and goes to the back, the lift then fills up. The lift then goes up to the second floor, at which point the idiot at the back barges his way out without speaking to anybody. Who, when the stairs are next to the lifts, uses the lift to go up two floors? Then if you are that lazy, at least think about getting in and positioning yourself near the door and/or ask people politely to let you out.
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

favorite Indian restaurant upped prices right across the menu by 20% :thdn:
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

Having an uncharacteristically productive friday, in spite of a queue of people rocking up to my desk with petty issues they appeared to think were important, only to discover just as I was leaving that I'd made a tiny mistake at the beginning of the project work I was doing that means I'll have to do it all again. C*nting knob-cheese.
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

How these days a week off goes so quickly you seem to have just checked in by the time you are in the lounge at the airport for departure.

Passengers in economy class.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

FreeWheeling wrote:favorite Indian restaurant upped prices right across the menu by 20% :thdn:
Is that one in 'Stokey? Which one?
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

Had my first/intro afternoon placement at a local primary school as part of my Uni course.
Within 5 minutes, some little Year 1 gobshite ran over the playground and kicked me in the ankle for no reason at all. Why a 5 year old is allowed to wear steel toe caps, I do not know.

On the plus side, the recently graduated PGCE teacher I will be working with is mighty fine, as are two of the teaching assistants whom I clocked.

Could be an interesting year.
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

pablo jaye wrote:
Is that one in 'Stokey? Which one?
The Raj in Blackdam