Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammerdivone

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by hammerdivone »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Coldsores

I suffer the c*nts bad......

Proper getting me down.
I find that they hit me when I get badly dehydrated.

That said, get yourself down the docs and ask him/her to prescribe Acilcovir 800mg tablets, or even better Valciclovir. They are anti-virals and a course of them should suppress it and stop it keep flaring up
cookshop

Post by cookshop »

Thing that irritates me. The South African woman in my office who constantly bitches at the bloke in the office next to me. It has no effect on my life whatsoever aside from how irritating i find her voice. Rant over.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

People that stink on the train first thing in the morning. No excuse for it, have a shower you dirty b*stard.

Seeing a pregnant woman have to stand because the train is too packed for her to even get near the seats let alone ask for someone to stand for her.
Upminster Hammer
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by Upminster Hammer »

Slow walking arm swingers in central London.

These people swing there arms outwards while moving at an iratating slow pace. The momentum of there arm swinging should project them at a much faster pace, it is almost as if they are on puposely slowing themselves down (a bit like driving with the handbrake on). They make it near on impossible to overtake as they walk down the middle of the pavement even when catch you on there backswing they just carry on.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Drivers who pull up in the right hand lane at lights, speed across the junction to get to the single lane ahead of you and then drive at 26mph for the next ten minutes.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Upminster Hammer wrote:They make it near on impossible to overtake as they walk down the middle of the pavement even when catch you on there backswing they just carry on.
have you tried pushing them aside? it works!
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Upminster Hammer wrote:Slow walking arm swingers in central London.

These people swing there arms outwards while moving at an iratating slow pace. The momentum of there arm swinging should project them at a much faster pace, it is almost as if they are on puposely slowing themselves down (a bit like driving with the handbrake on). They make it near on impossible to overtake as they walk down the middle of the pavement even when catch you on there backswing they just carry on.
I posted this earlier in the thread. It's nearly always women, or fat blokes. It's as if they have to swing their arms around the lard around their waists! I tend to walk close and let them hit me then give them a scowl!
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Tarbs wrote:People who rob my milk piss me off. If I had the balls, I would buy an extra half pint, pour aabout 1/5 out, drop in 5 or 6 laxatives, and put it back in. Would soon find out who is doing it.
That's an easy one. Just put a little drop of green food dye into your milk carton. Completely tasteless but will put people off stealing it. Spread the word round that its a laxative or something that like that which you have to take daily to ensure you don't turn into an elephant or something.
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Ordering a pint then being told it costs £4.20 :lol:
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

hammerdivone wrote:That said, get yourself down the docs and ask him/her to prescribe Acilcovir 800mg tablets, or even better Valciclovir. They are anti-virals and a course of them should suppress it and stop it keep flaring up
Cheers.

How long does it suppress it for?
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Muddy wrote:Ordering a pint then being told it costs £4.20 :lol:
Jesus.

I remember being in a club where it was £4 for a bottle of Becks.

In the same place it was £100 for a bottle of Smirnoff vodka that would usually cost £16 or so in a shop.
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Kitt the car wrote:
Jesus.

I remember being in a club where it was £4 for a bottle of Becks.

In the same place it was £100 for a bottle of Smirnoff vodka that would usually cost £16 or so in a shop.
****ing hell that's madness, i was only down the Nellie Dean aswell, was a nice day so i though i'll have a magners (hardly drink cider anyway, know i remember why) ,i'm hoping the 4.20 was just olympic an extortion price and normal service will be resumed in about a month, tight bastards have also fixed their pool table (the coin slot was a bit buggered, used to be able to push it without putting anyone money in and it would still release all the balls, but no more)
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:How long does it suppress it for?
The obvious answer is until the next time :lol:

They are used to prevent glandular fever flaring up again so in theory it should be permanent, however it depends how long a course you take and it doesn't get rid of the virus completely so I believe
Hammer32

Post by Hammer32 »

Kids waking you up at 03:30 to tell you there is a mosquito in their bed room, and you cant get back to sleep after!!!
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

After a small piece of tarmac has bee replaced and they only put lines in the small piece that has been replaced rather than do the whole road which looks awful. Lazy (unts.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

That's the thing HD

It can't be cured. Well, not yet anyway, although there was talk about scientists getting close to a cure.

So, it can only be suppressed. Yet, how are you supposed to know when to suppress it, when you only know you're gonna get it when you start to get it?
If it does completely suppress it, I mean keep the virus in it's permanent dormant state, then Christ, yeah, sign me up...

Valciclovir, you say...?
orbital
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by orbital »

I know its petty but see the West Ham season ticket banner above, those mongs on the left really irritate me!

Apologies if any of our posters are one of them!
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

People who say "The States" when referring to the USA. Bloke opposite has just said it about 6 times in the last two minutes and I am close to throwing my tea over him.

Supposedly good singers who just shout instead of sing but seem to think it is better because they are louder. Seems to be the norm these days.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Hammer32 wrote:Kids waking you up at 03:30 to tell you there is a mosquito in their bed room, and you cant get back to sleep after!!!
jeez you get scared easily!
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Muddy wrote:Ordering a pint then being told it costs £4.20 :lol:
Ordering a lager shandy and being charged for the pint plus the lemonade. The Polish staff in the pub in question could not understand my point that I should be paying for half a beer and half a lemonade.

Came to £4.90.