Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by fjthegrey »

Too obvious clacton. Put the rod away.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

A guy opens up his effeminite side to understand the fuss about reality TV and this is what he gets :lol:
Cambs Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Cambs Iron »

Clacton-ammer wrote:A guy opens up his effeminite side to understand the fuss about reality TV and this is what he gets :lol:
Are you Danny? If yes, where do you live? As i would like to drop by and place a flaming turd through your letterbox. Xxx
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Clacton-ammer wrote:I have a strong dislike for reality TV but I have to say I really really like The Voice.

The "battles" was not the best, but the lead up to it and I hope the live shows will be good.

The battles were getting people to sing genres they were not comfortable with to test them, there is some real talent on this show.

As for the judges, would love to go for a beer with Danny from the Script, seems a really top bloke, all in all it's a big thumbs up for me.

I don't know, haters keep hating *smiley thing*
:shock:

You'll be changing your username to Clac.ton.ammer next
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

What annoys me most about that programme and generally I suppose, is that William is taken seriously as a musical artist/producer.

He has never ever written a good song , either solo or with his band , The Black Eyed Peas. Comfortably the shittest band on earth.

"My lumps , my lumps "

"Boom, boom boom, boom boom boom"

Useless ****. Just a shame people buy it.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2697 likes

Post by sendô »

I can't believe so many people buy music made by Prince Andrew's ex missus.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

White Goodman wrote:What annoys me most about that programme and generally I suppose, is that William is taken seriously as a musical artist/producer.

He has never ever written a good song , either solo or with his band , The Black Eyed Peas. Comfortably the shittest band on earth.

"My lumps , my lumps "

"Boom, boom boom, boom boom boom"

Useless ****. Just a shame people buy it.
Opinions are like aresholes eh WG?
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

Yep. You're a fan then HD1?
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

"Ordinary people" who I believe he wrote with John legend is a great choon Whitey.

Some of the early stuff of BEP is alright as well.

His genre of music "generally" is not what I am into, but if you are into it there is no doubting his ability shirley as all the top names want to or have worked with him. Again, by top names, alot I do not particularly like, but if you view money earned to talent for his genre then he is very very succesful and good at what he does.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

Clackers, I do not view money earned as being directly related to talent.

Chris Moyles for example, gets £600k per annum.

Being good at what you do means nothing if it's garbled *****. (Boom boom boom, boom boom boom. I will keep saying this until people realise how **** it is)

I do appreciate that there is a market for this stuff though but that's not saying a lot.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2697 likes

Post by sendô »

White Goodman wrote:Being good at what you do means nothing if it's garbled *****. (Boom boom boom, boom boom boom. I will keep saying this until people realise how **** it is)

I do appreciate that there is a market for this stuff though but that's not saying a lot.
You're probably right WG, but some of the best tunes ever made had awful, awful lyrics.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Bohemian Rhapsody is a prime example. Great tune, but WTF?? :shock:
Iron Spine v2.0
Location: You don't wanna go and eat a snack like that! You'll end up with your teeth all grey,

Post by Iron Spine v2.0 »

Chris Hoy's dad.

Ever thought of asking your son for a go on the bike you absolute f***ing walrus?
Steelyhammer

Post by Steelyhammer »

C***s pushing in in queues and no even by "accident". Gives me the massive hump and I've got no problem telling them to get to the back. Bad darts
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

White Goodman wrote:Yep. You're a fan then HD1?
So far yes. There are some very good singers on there, and I quite enjoy the chemistry between the judges. Reasonable light entertainment IMHO
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

Barry Hearn. So up his own arse whenever I hear or read his interviews like he is some kind of Saint. His continued use of the expression 'my customers' when describing snooker and darts fans. They are not 'your' customers, they are fans of the sports which you unfortunately happen to lead and the wiser ones do not fall for your baloney about 'listening to us' when all you are interested in is financial greed. I love it when the likes of Mark Williams and Mark Allen come out with their criticisms and upset his little empire.

The Head & Shoulders advert with Michael Phelps (at least Jenson Button kicked into touch). The impression the advert gives is that he washes his hair before donning a swimming cap and becoming drenched in chlorine? Predictable Olympic product adverts just about everywhere although the Olay one featuring the gorgeous Jessica is the granted exclusion.

Amanda Holden? Who is she? What has she previously done? (apart from obviously learning how to be annoying and trained to clap like a seal at feeding time). All I know about her is that she once married Les Dennis which speaks volumes for her lack of reliable judgement considering that is the role she undertakes on the Talent programme. Heaven help anyone who is on trial and she's amongst the jury.
Harlow Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by Harlow Hammer »

Chelsea "fans" after last night.

Whilst I appeciate it was a terrific result and they have got to the final of the Champions League suddenly I have a load of email this morning crowing about the fact from people I never hear from a lot.

Bloke in the office has his Chelsea scarf on today go on about how "his" team is in the final. I ask if he went, was going to the game on Saturday and did he have tickets for cup final.

To which he replied no, I haven't been for years.

At least us West Ham fans show our support even when we lose, get relegated etc.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Seeing more negative results from a few weeks of iffy eating and under exercising, than I saw positive in 3-4 months of steady training and healthy eating.

Fed up.
jimmy dean

Post by jimmy dean »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Seeing more negative results from a few weeks of iffy eating and under exercising, than I saw positive in 3-4 months of steady training and healthy eating.

Fed up.

Ive given up on that RARS.. tried a while ago,took me ages to lose about a stone and a half and about a week of enjoying myself to put it back on :evil:
Cambs Iron
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Cambs Iron »

The old most boring ***** i have ever had the joy of working with moaning that i have the cheek to make some porridge at work for breakfast and the smell is making them feel sick. Its porridge its barely has a taste let alone a smell. 'oh its making me feel sick' 'its disgusting' please please please please please get a life, my office is swarming with dullness, its full of people you can just look at and think we could never be mates or hold down a half decent conversation. At the same time they all think they are great and gloat all the time. They will all claim to be Chelsea fans today.....

If this job wasn't the easiest, most laid back, closest to home and well paid i would of been off along time ago. I am starting to think i would take a hit on the above to work with people i like.