Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cambs Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Cambs Iron »

Moving house and being rubbish at D.I.Y. I have the attention span of a knat and get bored almost instantly when starting a new D.I Y job. However before hand i am quite motivated to get the job done. For example last night i went over to put up three curtain rails. I drilled in 6 pre holes for the screws to go in, i started screwing in the first screw and it went 3/4 of the way in then wouldn't go any further so i gave up. I didn't even get one bracket up, let alone three curtain rails :D

For salt in the wound my girlfriend just cracks on and gets her jobs done.....
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

derek zoolander wrote:I'm taking it to a phone shop in a minute and if they can't fix it I am going to stamp on it in the middle of Fenchurch Street.
typical, the one day I'm not in the office I miss all the fun :lol:
Harlow Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by Harlow Hammer »

Cambs Iron wrote:Moving house and being rubbish at D.I.Y. I have the attention span of a knat and get bored almost instantly when starting a new D.I Y job. However before hand i am quite motivated to get the job done. For example last night i went over to put up three curtain rails. I drilled in 6 pre holes for the screws to go in, i started screwing in the first screw and it went 3/4 of the way in then wouldn't go any further so i gave up. I didn't even get one bracket up, let alone three curtain rails :D

For salt in the wound my girlfriend just cracks on and gets her jobs done.....
DIY is the most annoying thing in the world.

It looks so easy, you get told it is easy and will only take 10 mins.

I too am all motivated at the start and as soon as something doesn't happen I get the hump.

Worst thing is when you are doing something for someone else and they then stand there and constantly say "I wouldn't do it like that" or "I would have done it that way" If your so effing good at it do it yourself.

I now insist that everyone goes out when i am doing DIY so I can get on with it
CentenaryUpperHammer

Post by CentenaryUpperHammer »

Next day delivery. That still hasn't turnt up 2 days later Headbanger
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

CentenaryUpperHammer wrote:Next day delivery. That still hasn't turnt up 2 days later Headbanger
MyProtein are dreadful for that, paid £8 twice for next day delivery, one time it was a day late the other was about three, yet get other companies that are free postage or very cheap and arrive prompt, inform you by text and even allow you to pick the date by text, UnderU are amazing for that.
CentenaryUpperHammer

Post by CentenaryUpperHammer »

CentenaryUpperHammer wrote:Next day delivery. That still hasn't turnt up 2 days later Headbanger
fmgod wrote:MyProtein are dreadful for that, paid £8 twice for next day delivery, one time it was a day late the other was about three, yet get other companies that are free postage or very cheap and arrive prompt, inform you by text and even allow you to pick the date by text, UnderU are amazing for that.

Ordered some stuff from Matalan and chose Next Day. Ordered some stuff 5 minutes later on WeFliHi which doesn't give a Next Day option. Matalan stuff has failed to arrive yet WeFliHi's have. Obviously it is the couriers problem but still really gets on my nerves.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

I was going to say "people who are always late", but actually that's not a little thing.
iron monkeyboy

Post by iron monkeyboy »

The assumption that if you don't have a driver's license, you have no right to criticise other people's driving skill.

Surely I don't need a license to know cutting someone up is c*ntish, undertaking is illegal, etc.

I've never qualified as a doctor either, but if somebody was lying on the floor lacking an arm, I'd feel fairly confident in turning round to somebody saying "oh look, he's missing an arm!"

Condescending w*nkers :evil:
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist

Why don't you have a driver's licence?
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 2705 likes

Post by sendô »

Philosophical Dan wrote:I was going to say "people who are always late", but actually that's not a little thing.
Bloke here has just jacked because he was pulled up on his lax time keeping citing bullying/harassment. He was regularly strolling in mid morning when he's supposed to start at 7:30. Nice work if you can get it.
iron monkeyboy wrote:undertaking is illegal
In my experience 90% of undertaking occurs because of people who refuse to move over to the inside lane, like it is somehow beneath them. Too many people cause unnecessary traffic congestion hogging the middle lane on motorways.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist

sendô wrote:In my experience 90% of undertaking occurs because of people who refuse to move over to the inside lane, like it is somehow beneath them. Too many people cause unnecessary traffic congestion hogging the middle lane on motorways.
Lane discipline, and motorway driving in general, in the UK is diabolical.
iron monkeyboy

Post by iron monkeyboy »

Philosophical Dan wrote:Why don't you have a driver's licence?
At 17 I already had 8 points despite never driving a car, which made the urge to learn dwindle somewhat.

Subsequently my eyes were ****ed til about 4 years ago, at which point i was too skint to do anything about it.

Now have a nearly 2 year old and a nearly 1 year old, so any "spare" money really isn't any more.

One day! :(
delbert
Has liked: 719 likes
Total likes: 699 likes

Post by delbert »

Every poxy thing on the internet wanting me to install their crappy toolbar, if I installed all them my view of the screen would be like some muslim birds view of the world.........
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 228 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

Ars*holes with prams, on a narrow pavement, stopping bang in the middle to talk to their friend in a passing car, completely blocking your path and getting uppity when you ask them to move Headbanger
James P
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 169 likes

Post by James P »

Still getting emails and texts with pictures of John Terry photoshopped onto other people celebrating.

Let it go. The joke's over. :asleep:
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 426 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

sendô wrote:In my experience 90% of undertaking occurs because of people who refuse to move over to the inside lane, like it is somehow beneath them. Too many people cause unnecessary traffic congestion hogging the middle lane on motorways.
Philosophical Dan wrote: Lane discipline, and motorway driving in general, in the UK is diabolical.
Agree on both counts, particularly Sendo.

I was on the M1 last year on the new 4 lane section they've done. Moving but congested (50/60mph-ish) in lanes 3 & 4. I cruised along at 70mph in Lane 1 past hundreds of cars with Lane 2 completely empty. I guess it was illegal but I saw it as sensible.
Algarve Hammer
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Algarve Hammer »

Philosophical Dan wrote:
Lane discipline, and motorway driving in general, in the UK is diabolical.

You think it's bad in the UK, you want to try Portugal, driving standards here are appalling, if they are not on the telephone they are pissed, or pissed and on the `phone.
jimmy dean

Post by jimmy dean »

Dunking my biscuits before work and they snap off and drop into my coffee :twisted:
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

O2 Network down, no mobile for over 14 hours now, this in fact is not little, it's starting to really ****ing annoy me.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Clacton-ammer wrote:O2 Network down, no mobile for over 14 hours now, this in fact is not little, it's starting to really ****ing annoy me.
That has a flip side....I'm on Vodafone, & the wife is on O2 :raver: