Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammerdivone

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by hammerdivone »

Philosophical Dan wrote:I work in a nice, breezy, open plan office, spread over three floors of a very swish building. Watched 2 overweight heffers get in the lift on the top floor to travel down one floor. Took them longer to call the lift than it took me to walk down the dozen or so stairs in the building.

Rest assured, I told them they should feel ashamed of themselves. Assumed I'd get screeched at, but to their credit, they both blushed & looked highly embarrassed.
On a trip to the Science Museum a few years ago when my daughter was ill and in a wheelchair, we were waiting for the lift to go up and young able bodied people pushed in front of us to get in to go up 1 floor, when the stairs were next to the lifts. We were going up 2 floors so had to get out of the lift to let them out

Utter ****wits!
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

That sort of sh*t happens to my wife all the time. She regularly gets the train to work (a nursery) and takes our daughter with her, in her buggy. There's 1 lift per platform at the station (both routinely broken), and she constantly has to queue while perfectly capable people shove past her to save themselves the effort of using the stairs. Boils my blood.
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

Automated voice answering machines. I called 'customer services' at Virgin Money last night. Predictably, the call was answered by a computerised voice asking me why I was calling (my answer: "ideally, to speak to a human being"). The one that drives me to the point of despair, is when it says "to speak to a customer service representative...is that correct" you answer perfectly clearly "yes" followed by delay for five seconds before "I'm sorry, I couldn't understand your answer....to speak to a customer service agent?" FFS!!!! how on earth can a machine not differentiate between the sound of a human voice saying "yes" or "no"

By the time I finally get through I'm actually worn out through frustration and have to calm myself before finally speaking to a human being...and also remember what the bloody hell I called for in the first place. Heaven help the person at the other end if they can't answer my question or need me to call back.

HMRC - put in a sizeable tax reclaim in January and was finally received into my bank account last Friday. Unbelievable. Never been messed around so much by such an inefficient and incompetent government organisation. Three pages of supporting evidence submitted for compensation claim based on interest lost etc due to delay in receipt.....if I get anything back at least it will arrive to help with Christmas shopping based on their timelines.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Needlessly jolly people.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

sendô wrote:Needlessly jolly people.
Are they also fat?
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Philosophical Dan wrote:That sort of sh*t happens to my wife all the time. She regularly gets the train to work (a nursery) and takes our daughter with her, in her buggy. There's 1 lift per platform at the station (both routinely broken), and she constantly has to queue while perfectly capable people shove past her to save themselves the effort of using the stairs. Boils my blood.
Happens to my wife all the time. If I'm there I always say something. If it's a lift situation I'll ask people to get out so that someone who isn't able to go on the escalators or stairs can use the only option available to them. They always get out. Might be because they can see I'm about to go all Falling Down on them.

I'll usually see them into the lift then go up the stairs and most of the time am waiting for them by the lift.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Philosophical Dan wrote:I work in a nice, breezy, open plan office, spread over three floors of a very swish building. Watched 2 overweight heffers get in the lift on the top floor to travel down one floor. Took them longer to call the lift than it took me to walk down the dozen or so stairs in the building.

Rest assured, I told them they should feel ashamed of themselves. Assumed I'd get screeched at, but to their credit, they both blushed & looked highly embarrassed.
No doubt they then went and comforted themselves with an entire chocolate cake and a chapter from 50 Shades of Grey.

Mr Grey would never be so cruel, he's a real man.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

fjthegrey wrote:Mr Grey would never be so cruel, he's a real man.
Mr Grey is never at work so couldn't possibly berate his colleagues.
NXA
Location: Russia - protest is not allowed, now go and drink a lot of Vodka and forget about it.

Post by NXA »

Companies that after you have bought a product from them and registered it, (normally software of some sort), send you emails asking if you are interested in the product.
Hammers Dad

Post by Hammers Dad »

People who cannot follow simple instructions.
I have asked for information re Olympic manning. I want to know how many staff are in each area and how many will be on leave or working remotely for each week of the Olympic period.

Easy.

Unless you are a f**kwit, then you send me all sorts of numbers, none of which relate to the stuff I have asked for.
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

Online shops that take your money when they haven't even got the ****ing product in stock... which then leads to either a month waiting for it to be delivered or a month to finally get ur money back.

It's just naughty, shouldn't be doing that!
Harlow Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by Harlow Hammer »

I had this.

Needed a new watch strap and the only place I could find that did the exact one I wanted was online.

Went online, paid my cash (£120, it was Tag strap) got an email from company saying order confirmed. Waited a month no contact so I phone up and got some excuse about upgrading computer systems and they would chase again.

Another another month goes by and still no watch strap so in the mean time went straight to Tag Heuer and got one for £5 dearer.

Phoned to cancel the order and the shop said because it was a special order I couldn't have my money back. I kicked up a fuss and said two months and no communication was a bit off and I would like my cash back.

Eventually got it back but surely if it wasn't in stock they should say so or at least give me an update at some point!!
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Woman in the office who makes the smallest of issues into massive, massive issues. We resolve them yet when I come back to my office there is an essay of an email to my head of department and me CC'd in complaining about the said small issue that we already resolved.

Today my workmate just snapped at her on the phone because she is a lazy, antagonistic, rude woman and she again has written an essay to HOD banging on about how she was treated.

If you can't take it, certainly don't give it, love.
Hammers Dad

Post by Hammers Dad »

djclipz wrote:Online shops that take your money when they haven't even got the ****ing product in stock... which then leads to either a month waiting for it to be delivered or a month to finally get ur money back.

It's just naughty, shouldn't be doing that!
I ordered a filter for the cooker hood in December.
They took the money, admittedly not a lot (about £40), but that isn't the point.
I received it in March.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Hammers Dad wrote:People who cannot follow simple instructions.
I have asked for information re Olympic manning. I want to know how many staff are in each area and how many will be on leave or working remotely for each week of the Olympic period.

Easy.

Unless you are a f**kwit, then you send me all sorts of numbers, none of which relate to the stuff I have asked for.

I'm intrigued.

What did he send you? :lol:
Hammers Dad

Post by Hammers Dad »

Hammers Dad wrote:People who cannot follow simple instructions.

Easy.

Matt of iron wrote:
I'm intrigued.

What did he send you? :lol:
Number of desk in the area available for hot-desking (we are trying to get rid of people, not bring them in) and the number of contractors (we don't care, they don't count towards our figures). This was explained in the initial email.

It's mainly the fact they didn't break them down by week as we asked, which means I have to go back and try to get the real figures.
I responded to one who said that 44 of their 146 people would be out of the office over the 7 weeks asking for a week by week breakdown between leave and working remotely and they said they had no idea....which begs the question, how did they come to that figure?
evomutant
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by evomutant »

Twats who find it necessary to announce they have taken a massive crap.

Usually in the form of a "joke" about not going in the lav for a while.

One guy I work with particulalry awful for this. I could write a diary of his bowel habits with the amount of unwanted infomation he gives out.
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

Hammers Dad wrote: I ordered a filter for the cooker hood in December.
They took the money, admittedly not a lot (about £40), but that isn't the point.
I received it in March.
its a piss take, ive had it for the last 3 reasonably priced things i have bought... Some bad luck right there. One of which was just under 200 notes.... now ive ordered with them before and knew it would turn up... but yeah that just isn't the point. The last thing i bought (from a diff company) i was literally straight onto them to have the ordered cancelled and that went smoothly for once... but not a free number to call though was it!
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

****wits who think its funny and something to be proud of that they don't know who the Prime Minister is yet they can name every pric on TOWIE. Nice one. :evil:
marteau en france

Post by marteau en france »

spent a small fortune on top of range electric golf trolley, started playing up kept stopping,emailed makers no reply, emailed again week later no reply, trip back to uk found an agent bought new battery,come home still playing up emailed makers again asking what may be wrong and stating my dissapointment that they keep ignoring my emails,next day i notice i have a reply :raver: opened said email no mention of my enquiry but an offer to enter a draw for a new trolley.