Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by warp »

RyanWHUFC wrote:Unreliable people who don't take their phone with them/answer said phone IF on the rare occasion they actually have it with them.
Robbie wrote:Yes. I have this problem with my daughter. Infuriating!
Or she can't answer it because its run out of charge.....How hard is it to plug the thing in every night...?
you know those are just excuses to avoid saying "i couldn't be arsed talking to you", right? Image
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

I make you right there Warp.
Always manages to get hold of me though when there is money, Dads Cabs, feeding etc concerned. :thup:
Glory Hunter
Location: Dreaming Dreams, Scheming Schemes, Building Castles High
Has liked: 13 likes

Post by Glory Hunter »

My son. Well, he's little, and he has spent the weekend irritating the f*** out of the missus and I. I don't know why, he's usually a little angel, but this weekend he has just been a total handful. Throwing things around, shouting at us, trying to hit us, posting tools through the gaps in the decking, squirting me with the hosepipe, demanding sweets, chocolate etc then having a meltdown when we don't give them to him (because of all of the above). I am about to go and put his bath on, and can't wait until he's asleep as he has driven me to distraction.

As for footballers salaries: the best bit of collective bargaining ever. If we're silly enough to spend £80 on a ticket to a match and £50 on a nylon shirt, then they deserve their share and I'd much rather they have it than it get trousered by the club chairmen like the old days.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

/\ Watching kids' tantrums over the years and never having had any kids myself, I'm in honest amazement how parents do it. I guess it must make you a 'bigger' character, patience and understanding and all that (and there's love of course). I found out only a few years ago that my Mum was put on medication because I was such a little git and she ended up exploding. Can't recall anything about it. Apparently I was just challenge, challenge challenge demand and scream.
Glory Hunter
Location: Dreaming Dreams, Scheming Schemes, Building Castles High
Has liked: 13 likes

Post by Glory Hunter »

As I say, most day's he's an angel, a genuinely well behaved little boy and a complete charmer. He makes me laugh, he makes me well up with pride and 90% of the time it is an absolute pleasure watching him learning to make sense of the world (he's only three), but this weekend! :twisted:

I'm on valium at the moment (prescribed) for something else and I must confess to having necked a couple just to get through.

When I see these proper naughty kids, I really do wonder how the parents cope.
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1227 likes

Post by Tenbury »

vietnammer wrote:/\ Watching kids' tantrums over the years and never having had any kids myself, I'm in honest amazement how parents do it. .

I've got 3 of the sods,and I'm non the wiser.

I can tolerate mine MOST of the time,but I hate everyone elses' kids with a passion.
CentenaryUpperHammer

Post by CentenaryUpperHammer »

Hampshire Hammer wrote:Recruitment "consultants", when there is nothing on my CV related to the job and I'm looking for a hell of a lot more money why waste both of our time phoning up with "an opportunity that is made for you". I've written loads of documents but I'm not a technical author and my CV deliberately does not mention delivering training as I'm not a trainer or teacher.

Plus my covering info states that I'm after contract work so why phone up with permie jobs paying less than £30k!!
Does my brain in. Used to work in the IT Department for one place and 90% of them are absolute arsewipes. Budget rolex. Merc/Audi on finance. Live at home. ****ers. Can you tell that I've had a spate of phone calls last week asking if I would be interesting in transferring my skills over to a job in IT sales? Atleast 3 different people have called me telling me how its such an amazing opportunity to earn money that I would never dream of earning in IT. They always seem so perplexed when I explain I'm happy with where my career is taking me...I get to wear tshirt, shorts and flip flops to the office and finish at 3pm on Fridays. Clowns.

*EDIT* Just to add that I can imagine not all are as bad as they seem. The reputation of that profession does stink though. Fair play to anyone who is genuinely doing well as the environment is indeed a tough one.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Glory Hunter wrote:As I say, most day's he's an angel, a genuinely well behaved little boy and a complete charmer. He makes me laugh, he makes me well up with pride and 90% of the time it is an absolute pleasure watching him learning to make sense of the world (he's only three), but this weekend! :twisted:
He's a toddler, he's at that age where he'll try and push the boundaries and throw tantrums when he doesn't get his own way. The trick is being patient and consistent, and avoiding the urge to shout at them thus giving their tantrums a reaction.

I know, mine's just about to turn 2.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Mine are 26 and 24, they still do it :lol:
1011Iron

Post by 1011Iron »

Reminds me of that old joke...

Kids are like farts. You hate everyone else's but relish your own.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1855 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

When people say "Excuse me" or "scuse".

What happened to the "Please"?
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

People that bring a weeks worth of lunches and put it all in the work fridge. I've just watched someone walk in and put 5 bloody ready meals in there. I made the comment 'not going home this week then?'. Bring them in daily and leave the rest of your ***** food in your own fridge!
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Tenbury wrote:

I've got 3 of the sods,and I'm non the wiser.

I can tolerate mine MOST of the time,but I hate everyone elses' kids with a passion.
other parents parenting skills leave a lot to be desired , some of these little b**tards need to learn that no means no ffs
sendô

Post by sendô »

djclipz wrote:People that bring a weeks worth of lunches and put it all in the work fridge. I've just watched someone walk in and put 5 bloody ready meals in there. I made the comment 'not going home this week then?'. Bring them in daily and leave the rest of your ***** food in your own fridge!
I do this. It's a 15 minute walk up to the shops from where I am, and then 15 minutes back. I'll be ****ed if I'm doing that every day.

Of course in my office there are 4 fridges so ample space...
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

^^^ 4 fridges and loads of room it is all good. We have 1 half size fridge, and half of that is taken up by milk. :D
sendô

Post by sendô »

In that case it can only be deemed fair for you all to tuck into said c**** ready meals.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1677 likes
Total likes: 518 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

My 7 YO niece - brought up totally wrong: totally spoilt, default setting is NO!, doesn't listen to either parent, screams shouts if she doesn't get her way, divisive, vindictive, aggressive, violent, rude, abusive, pernicious, won't wash, won't clean her teeth, has to have her mum with her 24 hours a day (even when they pee - she has to be there!), has started wearing full make up: there is one way - her way or nothing - otherwise she has a total meltdown until she gets her way: all in all one evil; nasty kid.

Mum and dad see nothing to worry about, just give her everything she wants all the time and she'll grow up lovely and fine.

I loathe her and am withdrawing from her life.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

WHU Independent wrote:My 7 YO niece - brought up totally wrong: totally spoilt, default setting is NO!, doesn't listen to either parent, screams shouts if she doesn't get her way, divisive, vindictive, aggressive, violent, rude, abusive, pernicious, won't wash, won't clean her teeth, has to have her mum with her 24 hours a day (even when they pee - she has to be there!), has started wearing full make up: there is one way - her way or nothing - otherwise she has a total meltdown until she gets her way: all in all one evil; nasty kid.

Mum and dad see nothing to worry about, just give her everything she wants all the time and she'll grow up lovely and fine.

I loathe her and am withdrawing from her life.
Sounds to me like a classic case of ADHD. The difficulty is always differentiating between the chemical imbalance and bad parenting
bigcarpchaser
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by bigcarpchaser »

Adding "yea?" to the end of nearly every sentence.

I've noticed two of my closest friends have started it within the last couple of week and a particularly annoying client has this irritating habit also. It's going to get to the stage where I will either have to
A) tell them to STFU
B) punch them in the face
C) stop talking to them altogether

It's bloody irritating the hell out of me
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

People hanging out having conversations in doorways. What's the attraction? Right where someone's bound to want to pass through?