Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

TurnbullHammer wrote:Commentators who insist on pronouncing names totally different from anyone else.

e.g. Yoss-eye benayoun.
Piquionony.
Meirelesh.
Ramiresh.
Headbanger
A similar irritation has now been removed following the French election result:
Newsreaders insisting on over pronouncing the outgoing presidents name: 'Sarcozeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'
What the f*ck is that all about?
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2701 likes

Post by sendô »

TurnbullHammer wrote:Commentators who insist on pronouncing names totally different from anyone else.

e.g. Yoss-eye benayoun.
Piquionony.
Meirelesh.
Ramiresh.
Headbanger
David Pleat was the worse culprit with most of these. "Benanoon" was his finest moment as a pundit.

Most annoying one has to be Tyldesley (amongst others) - "DROGBAAAAARRR!!!1!"
ham34mer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by ham34mer »

sendô wrote:David Pleat was the worse culprit with most of these. "Benanoon" was his finest moment as a pundit.

Most annoying one has to be Tyldesley (amongst others) - "DROGBAAAAARRR!!!1!"
Pleat is a total bellend! His outstanding mis-pronunciation makes me cringe constantly :thdn:

However, on the upside, I did come across this which has some absolute classics....(Pleat @ #10 has by far the largest section)

http://blog.sport.co.uk/Football/403/To ... affes.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jevs
Has liked: 482 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by jevs »

I need to vent my spleen on the standard of driving on our roads.This has probably been done to death on here but tough titty....you're getting it again !!!!

Coming home today from Brighton, it was thick mist and visibility was only 30 yds max. I rekon that at least 25% of the cars had either side lights on or no lights at all. What is a matter with these morons !!!

Secondly, roundabouts. They're so easy to understand and are designed to keep the flow of traffic moving. So why don't people still not understand them. My wife approaches a roundabout, looking straight ahead, she then stops every time as if there's a compulsary stop sign there and then looks to the right. She does this even if there's no cars within 200 miles of her.

Lastly, car parks. What is it about a car park...whether that's one of the NCP ones or s supermarket car park that confuses people. Ive never seen so many people fannying around in my local Tescos car park.

RANT OVER Headbanger .
mushy
Has liked: 650 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

jevs wrote:I
Secondly, roundabouts. They're so easy to understand and are designed to keep the flow of traffic moving. So why don't people still not understand them. My wife approaches a roundabout, looking straight ahead, she then stops every time as if there's a compulsary stop sign there and then looks to the right. She does this even if there's no cars within 200 miles of her.

RANT OVER Headbanger .
All women do this.
I also knew one who purposely slowed down if they were approaching a green light hoping it would turn red.
I have no idea why, the explanation was something along the lines of 'well it would have turned red anyway so no point in hurrying'.
It makes no sense to me either and must have annoyed the f*** out of any driver following her.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

On the driving theme, me, dropped off my boy this morning and reversed into some slabs waiting to go down for a new pathway, reversed too quick so my parking sensor went off but too late, not only have I done the whole passenger side but I ****ed my tyre up, had to change wheels this morning to one of those "get you out of trouble wheels", waiting for a quote but already paid out for a new tyre at £280 of big sobs. Second time in 8 months I have done this to my motor, a plum of huge proportions is me....
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

Honestly. Driving in this country is generally very good in comparison to so many other countries in the world.

It's literally a death game.

We have some massive chodes on our roads but most people are okay.

That isn't the case in other countries where everyone drives like a ****.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2701 likes

Post by sendô »

Restaurants serving me my food on a bread board.

A kid you not, a ****ing long, thin bread board.

What the suffering f*** is all that about?

Has anyone on here ever eaten their dinner off of a bread board at home? Around a friend's house? So why do restaurants do it? What's wrong with plates all of a sudden? I only want a burger and some chips. Wimpy do it on plates. McDonald's do it in a brown bag. Why do restaurants feel the need to ponse it up?
Steelyhammer

Post by Steelyhammer »

The amount of mockney chino wearing, two sizes too small t-shirt, no sock sporting, greasy haired tools that turned up for the Cardiff Game in the East stand near us. Put on accents as if they truly believe it's vitally important for their acceptance. Go and support your local team ie Chelmsford City :wink:
Upminster Hammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Upminster Hammer »

Last edited by Upminster Hammer on Wed May 09, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steelyhammer

Post by Steelyhammer »

Upminster Hammer wrote: Most noise I have heard coming from the east stand in ages, wouldn't grumble.
Fair point but when they're all standing up on the stairs pushing into the old boys next to me and behind, that when it's not on :think:
Upminster Hammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Upminster Hammer »

Fair enough!
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

I reckon they were most likely from Loughton etc.

Neevr mind though.

Slow walkers irritate me more.
orbital
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by orbital »

Cyclist's in town, who dont think pedestrian crossings apply to them. W*nkers.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Another vote for the women on roundabouts been out with my girlfriend today and she has a horrible knack of stopping on roundabouts when it's not necessary. It drives me mad, yet when I drive and I can see there's nothing coming round and proceed over the roundabout in 3rd gear that makes me a dangerous driver. :think:
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Ryan, you do realise you moan about your missus and her sister regularly on here don't you? You know you will marry this lady don't you :lol:
LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

Steelyhammer wrote:The amount of mockney chino wearing, two sizes too small t-shirt, no sock sporting, greasy haired tools that turned up for the Cardiff Game in the East stand near us. Put on accents as if they truly believe it's vitally important for their acceptance. Go and support your local team ie Chelmsford City :wink:
Alwite guv'na don't ya know that their old mans were from east laaaaandon, who were pwopa top geezers in the 70's and 80's?

Back to your point, the approach pub has a fair few poncy wearing idiots in there aswell!
CentenaryUpperHammer

Post by CentenaryUpperHammer »

RyanWHUFC wrote:Another vote for the women on roundabouts been out with my girlfriend today and she has a horrible knack of stopping on roundabouts when it's not necessary. It drives me mad, yet when I drive and I can see there's nothing coming round and proceed over the roundabout in 3rd gear that makes me a dangerous driver.

The best is when my girlfriend first passed and whenever we got to a roundabout, I could see her looking at her hands to see which way to give way to :|
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

RyanWHUFC wrote:Another vote for the women on roundabouts been out with my girlfriend today and she has a horrible knack of stopping on roundabouts when it's not necessary. It drives me mad, yet when I drive and I can see there's nothing coming round and proceed over the roundabout in 3rd gear that makes me a dangerous driver.
good old roundabouts, had a situation the other day where i was coming up to the roundabout to turn right, i wasn't driving fast, i indicated etc and the ppl on the 1st exit all begin to stop as i have the right of way, and then out of no where the women closest just looks away from me and pulls out onto the roundabout, cue really hard breaking (surprised i didn't go straight into the side) and i just gave a look of disbelief as i noticed she was a bit of an old dear (but not that old)... she then almost jumps as she turns and sees me and locks up her breaks so that we are both sat pretty much motionless on the roundabout.. she was slowed to a crawl and out of nowhere mouthed at me f*** off... hahaha. Think i was about to slip into shock but needless to say at that point on she got the treatment almost any other driver would have got if they had just pulled out on me and nearly caused a crash. When i was off it looked like she ended up then stalling the car as i heard beeps coming from ppl as they queued up behind her.

Crazy.. :lol:
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Clacton-ammer wrote:Ryan, you do realise you moan about your missus and her sister regularly on here don't you? You know you will marry this lady don't you
Well they irritate me mate so therefore a lot of stuff get's put on here, I might marry her depends if she irritates me any more.
The best is when my girlfriend first passed and whenever we got to a roundabout, I could see her looking at her hands to see which way to give way to
Unbelievable! :lol: