Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

the celestial insect

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by the celestial insect »

Fireworks on general sale.
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Tax self assessment. Complete load of bull****.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

those self service machines a supermarkets, that are supposed to save you more time , but always go wrong and you're there longer than if you queued for a proper till
Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Rocket »

chigwells finest wrote:those self service machines a supermarkets, that are supposed to save you more time , but always go wrong and you're there longer than if you queued for a proper till
'Help is coming.' No it bloody well isn't!
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

chigwells finest wrote:those self service machines a supermarkets, that are supposed to save you more time , but always go wrong and you're there longer than if you queued for a proper till
In another use... people who use them and don't pack a bag while scanning. So they take a ****ing eternity to scan and pay... and then the bitch starts packing a bag.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2490 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Rocket wrote: People who can't pass through a ticket barrier without breaking step shouldn't be allowed into London.
Especially the people who wait for the gates to close before inserting their paper ticket or tapping, just walk and tap FFS.
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

Hampshire Hammer wrote: Especially the people who wait for the gates to close before inserting their paper ticket or tapping, just walk and tap FFS.
Yep, the only time when waiting is permissible is when waiting for the red light next to the oyster card scanner to turn orange (which is a little thing that irritates me).
Rocket

Post by Rocket »

djclipz wrote:In another use... people who use them and don't pack a bag while scanning. So they take a ****ing eternity to scan and pay... and then the bitch starts packing a bag.
I'll own up to doing this. I usually go to the supermarket after work, so will put whatever I've bought in my rucksack. The machine gets upset if I put it in the bagging area as it's too heavy, so I find it less hassle to just wait until everything is paid for and then pack my bag.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by djclipz »

Rocket wrote: I'll own up to doing this. I usually go to the supermarket after work, so will put whatever I've bought in my rucksack. The machine gets upset if I put it in the bagging area as it's too heavy, so I find it less hassle to just wait until everything is paid for and then pack my bag.
Grrrr, can you not get round that by clicking i brought my own bags, then dropping your rucksack on so it weighs it before pushing start? (I don't know if this works with rucksacks but does with light plastic bags).

Mind you my specific annoyance was more with this woman who then just pulled out a plastic carrier bag to fill up. Was officially the slowest person ever.
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

The missus! She had a bit of a grump on yesterday morning and barely spoke to me last night or this morning! God knows what I done or more than likely haven't done! Puts me in a bad mood coming to work and now have to sit next the office knob. If he doesn't get punched later then he's had a good day!
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

claretandblue82 wrote:The missus! She had a bit of a grump on yesterday morning and barely spoke to me last night or this morning! God knows what I done or more than likely haven't done! Puts me in a bad mood coming to work and now have to sit next the office knob. If he doesn't get punched later then he's had a good day!
Ignore it until she gains the maturity to speak to you about it. Until then, it's her problem.

Simple.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

And be relentlessly cheerful.

It will piss her off more and make her feel guilty as well.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: Ignore it until she gains the maturity to speak to you about it. Until then, it's her problem.

Simple.
Sound advice......that I need to heed more often. Otherwise, I end up feeling like C&B82 far too often
Last edited by Dover KUMB fan on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dover KUMB fan

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: Ignore it until she gains the maturity to speak to you about it. Until then, it's her problem.

Simple.
Sound advice......that I need to heed more often.
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

"Unexpected item in bagging area" ahhhhhhhhh
I always try to go to a check out counter rather than those stupid things, in the 10+ times I've attempted to use them, I have never managed to make it all the way out the supermarket without needing assistance.
Dover KUMB fan

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Scan as you shop is the way to go. Scan, straight in the bag, pay, job done. There is the odd occasion where they spot check, but you can accept that.
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 700 likes

Post by delbert »

djclipz wrote:
In another use... people who use them and don't pack a bag while scanning. So they take a ****ing eternity to scan and pay... and then the bitch starts packing a bag.
That happened to me for the first time only yesterday. I stand there for ages whilst the ultimate in biological
inefficiency spent ages getting it together, nice chubs though.........\
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 180 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

djclipz wrote:Grrrr, can you not get round that by clicking i brought my own bags, then dropping your rucksack on so it weighs it before pushing start? (I don't know if this works with rucksacks but does with light plastic bags).
No, you can't. Logically, you'd think you could and that that is what "I've brought my own bag" meant, but no. It's ****ing stupid, but it only allows for the weight of empty bags (presumably they think that people keep all their shopping separated so that items from different shops can't fraternise with each other)
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2656 likes
Total likes: 1196 likes

Post by EvilC »

People that try and get on the train or tube before everyone has got off. They are both stupid and lacking manners.
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 153 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

My workmate leaving in 3 weeks.
I fancy the pants off her.