Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

wizzo_66 wrote:In terms of eggs - I have a pan that is exactly the size required to make the perfect fried egg. It's non stick, you don't need any oil, put it on a low heat and let the pan get hot, crack the egg in, it cooks through in about 3-4 mins and then slides straight out of the pan. Perfect tasting and shaped egg! Great idea whoever thought of it!
No, it isn't.

It's for amateurs who only can cook/only want 1 egg. :lol:
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Hammers Dad wrote: The thing that gets me is that these lard arses can't move or haven't left home for so long which means some twat is feeding them. Buy them salads instead of burgers and they might be able to lose some weight
Exactly what I was moaning about, with one lard arse I saw he has 18 carers presumably working in shifts to shovel food into his fat gob. Apparently not got out of his bed in years, they should be stuffing him with small healthy portions. When he is able to get to a fridge to feed himself he should thank people for helping him slim, but no he would probably sue.
Hampshire Hammer

Hampshire Hammer wrote:[

I was taught to pronounce it "haytch" when using a radio as it apparently sounds clearer, though obviously more likely to use the Phoentic Alphabet.
Dan1326 wrote: It's not Haitch in that scenario, it would be Aitch for Hotel.
read my post, I am radio trained and well aware of the phonetic alphabet thank you. We were still taught to speak clearly when using voice and pronounce it Haytch - Hotel on those occasions when we did not just use Hotel.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

Getting roped into **** you have no interest in

I woke up this morning, feeling knackered from climbing last night and a bit wafty from the 4 Doom Bar's I had afterwards, knowing I had a fairly easy day at work ahead of me to get through before I could go home and chill out, only to be reminded that I am supposed to be going to some quiz night with the missus's work tonight at the rugby club in town

At no point have I ever expressed any interest in quiz nights, or fraternising with the missus's work crowd. I have never set foot inside the rugby club despite years of opportunity if I had wanted to go there, yet for some reason the missus assumed I'd be happy that she'd put my name down for it

I find out this morning that not only is it a quiz night, there's a sit down meal as well, but apparantly it's too late in the day for me to bail, as my missus will be letting everyone down if I don't go

Looking forward to the weekend already.......... :?
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: No, it isn't.

It's for amateurs who only can cook/only want 1 egg. :lol:
Haha! You little bitch Rars! I usually only want 1 fried egg. Scrambled eggs/Omlette etc are obviously exempt from this treatment!
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

You are in a women's clothes shop with your Doris. She goes into the changing rooms to try on an outfit. No matter WHERE you decide to stand waiting for her some bird will want to look at the dress or pants at the EXACT place you are standing and they force you to move out of the way. That's your starter for ten because every where you stand after that some other **** will want to look at something that you are standing in front of. If you move out of their way they then don't BOTHER to look at the blasted thing they MADE you think you were blocking, they move on to another area. Even when I stand next to the ****ing fire extinguisher some b*stard wants to move me on to see what's behind me. Anyone ever had this. :eh:

Stu

With something like that, I tend to apply the 'nothing I can do about it, so will make the best of it' angle.

Your options are to either go in there pre-loaded with opinions of how little you'll enjoy it, forcing your evening to be compromised.
Or you can go with a blank mind and get involved, have a laugh, get pleasantly surprised, without trying to think of all the other stuff you wanted to do etc :)

ageing hammer wrote:You are in a women's clothes shop with your Doris. She goes into the changing rooms to try on an outfit. No matter WHERE you decide to stand waiting for her some bird will want to look at the dress or pants at the EXACT place you are standing
I don't really have that problem, as such.
I tend to find a chair to sit on, usually next to a poor, troubled male soul who you blatantly know wants to be at the football, or in the garden with a beer etc.
You kinda have that eye contact and mutual smile, without a smile thing, with both of you knowing the exact score. :lol:

Though I'm fortunate my missus isn't a pain in the arse shopping and I enjoy shopping myself.
We tend to have a laugh by embarrassing the other when we can.
Just the other week, she saw me standing a good 10ft away from the changing room entrance,
As she stepped out with the new dress she was trying on, she raised her voice and said in a really upset voice "do you think this makes me look fat as well"?!
Me standing there pissing myself didn't quite further endear me to the women standing around the immediate area.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Stu

With something like that, I tend to apply the 'nothing I can do about it, so will make the best of it' angle.

Your options are to either go in there pre-loaded with opinions of how little you'll enjoy it, forcing your evening to be compromised.
Or you can go with a blank mind and get involved, have a laugh, get pleasantly surprised, without trying to think of all the other stuff you wanted to do etc
Generally I am very much in the make the best of it camp.
I'm hoping I will be in that frame of mind by the time it comes around to it, despite knowing it really is not my thing in the slightest, on many levels

Until then however, I'm going to be moping about like a right grumpy ****! :lol:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

ageing hammer wrote:You are in a women's clothes shop with your Doris. She goes into the changing rooms to try on an outfit. No matter WHERE you decide to stand waiting for her some bird will want to look at the dress or pants at the EXACT place you are standing and they force you to move out of the way. That's your starter for ten because every where you stand after that some other **** will want to look at something that you are standing in front of. If you move out of their way they then don't BOTHER to look at the blasted thing they MADE you think you were blocking, they move on to another area. Even when I stand next to the ******* fire extinguisher some b*stard wants to move me on to see what's behind me. Anyone ever had this. :eh:
No, the trick is not to go shopping with the missus in the first place. This is what she has a mother/aunt/sisters/cousins/friends for.
squatski
Massive virgin

Post by squatski »

that adverts on the right side of youtube that make noises.
seriously annoying.
it's bad enough where you have to try and find the mute button on them, but last night I came across one that didn't have any mute at all :thdn:
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

double post
Last edited by the oldham stripper on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

ageing hammer wrote:You are in a women's clothes shop with your Doris. She goes into the changing rooms to try on an outfit. No matter WHERE you decide to stand waiting for her some bird will want to look at the dress or pants at the EXACT place you are standing and they force you to move out of the way. That's your starter for ten because every where you stand after that some other **** will want to look at something that you are standing in front of. If you move out of their way they then don't BOTHER to look at the blasted thing they MADE you think you were blocking, they move on to another area. Even when I stand next to the ******* fire extinguisher some b*stard wants to move me on to see what's behind me. Anyone ever had this.

i usually stand right at the entrance trying to perv in all the other cubicles :lol:
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

the oldham stripper wrote:

i usually stand right at the entrance trying to perv in all the other cubicles

Yeah but that is in Burton's :wink:
Hampshire Hammer

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: I tend to find a chair to sit on, usually next to a poor, troubled male soul who you blatantly know wants to be at the football, or in the garden with a beer etc.
You kinda have that eye contact and mutual smile, without a smile thing, with both of you knowing the exact score. :lol:
My "best" one with this was in John Lewis on Oxford Street. I got talking to the guy and it turned out we had almost certainly played cricket against each other a number of times in our twenties as we had played for villages near each other at the same time and could remember playing those teams. When his wife and my girlfriend appeared it then turned out they had gone to school together.

Second is probably the time I sat there playing my PSP, a guy borrowed it and his wife went mental when she saw him. I know I shouldn't have laughed but her face was funny.
rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: Though I'm fortunate my missus isn't a pain in the arse shopping
I'm lucky that my girlfriend prefers to shop on her own or with girlfriends, the only tine it is a pain is when she thinks I need to shop for clothes and she should come along to "advise" me.
Sussexhammer1992

Post by Sussexhammer1992 »

'Gems Tv', or any other jewellery selling channel out there. The mrs insists it goes on even though she never buys from it. Headbanger
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Sussexhammer1992 wrote:'Gems Tv', or any other jewellery selling channel out there. The mrs insists it goes on even though she never buys from it. Headbanger
no, she's not trying to tell you something.

(scientific) books without a subject index. bloody useless.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

People that weave all over the pavement in front of you and then moan as you clatter them going past.

It's not that hard to walk in a straight line surely.

Or those that walk 4 abreast on a pavement and expect YOU to step into the road to avoid the, To be fair, that's mainly foreigners in London. don't know about elsewhere.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

White Goodman wrote:To be fair, that's mainly foreigners in London. don't know about elsewhere.
The foreigners are like it everywhere, not just London.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

Dyer's Leg wrote:The foreigners are like it everywhere, not just London.
Except abroad, when you are the foreigner who walks single file because you've been taught to be polite and gentlemanly and form orderly queues.