Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

dodgy dave
Has liked: 113 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by dodgy dave »

Dover KUMB fan wrote:Indeed. I have returned from a week's leave today & opened my Outlook to 750 Emails!! Probably only 30 of these were of any use or needed attending to.

I take it the 30 you needed were for penis enlargement :lol:
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Indeed they were! You have to shop around for the best product / price. I need to do something, because apparently doing your mum is like waving a cigar about in the Albert hall :wink:
Iron Spine v2.0
Location: You don't wanna go and eat a snack like that! You'll end up with your teeth all grey,

Post by Iron Spine v2.0 »

I was going to post this in the Claire Squires thread but didn't want people think I was being an arse for attention...
I'm not wholly comfortable about no one really giving a toss about her and her donation drive before she died and now swelling the coffers out of some morbid sense of duty and moral guilt.

RIP to the lady, but I'm not going to participate in this. Sorry.
Honestly, it does irk me that only through her dying has her cause garnered any kind of decent support, and most of that has likely come from a mix of 'professional grievers' and guilt trippers... :thdn:
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

sendô wrote:The Voice.

She's watching it at the moment. It's bad enough that all we have resembling entertainment on tele these days is singing programmes, but this one is truly awful. Aside from the rubbish format and frankly amateurish feel, the whole point to it seems to be to get two people onto the stage and get them both to out shout each other. There's no real singing, there's no variation, every song is a loud fast dance type track where each *ahem* "artist" is expected to really bellow the high notes and do that ****ing awful warbling thing that so many singers seem to do these days. The winner seems to be whichever one was loudest.

I actually find myself almost appreciative of Simon Cowell and the X Factor.
Steady on there chap! :lol:

A quite excellent appraisal of that show Sendo
I caught a couple of seconds of it last night, and I fully agree. I was also under the impression, from the hype, that it was going to be about who had the best voice. The 30 seconds I suffered was truly, truly awful

As you say, it was all about screeching as loudly as possible, no subtlety, no class, no use of range, no appreciation of volume as anything other than something to make your awful voice drown out all the other dross.... but worst of all, no ability to hold a frigging note!
That was the least I was expecting. Sure, I might have expected it to be full of vaccuous non-entities whose idea of singing was vocal gymnastics all around the actual tune but never actually singing the tune in any sort of way that is listenable.... but I wasn't expecting it to sound like a tone-deaf-off!

It was so bad I was stunned for a few seconds into not turning over. Then had a fit of hysterical laughter as I realised it was for real!

Makes you wonder about the future of humanity if shyte like that is considered prime time viewing....
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

I've seen a few minutes of this and noted two things

1. The bit where they press a button and their chair swings round is absolutely ****ing stupid and looks ridiculous

2. Jessie J has a face like a constipated Les Dawson.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

I have only watched one episode of the Irish version. It was last night and it was down to the last 8 which then sent 4 to the big final. This was my first time tuning in and I was expecting ( from all the hype ) to hear 8 cracking good singers. I kid you not there is not one of them would get past the audition stage of x factor, they are poor pub singers at best. I give this show one season and then it's GOOD LUCK. ( Irish for ADIOS ) :think:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

White Goodman wrote:1. The bit where they press a button and their chair swings round is absolutely ****ing stupid and looks ridiculous
You mean the bit where the Irish prick from the Swifts or whatever they're called keeps looking at the ridiculously named idiot from Black Eyed Ponces and says "You going? Are you going? You going? You going?" several times before finally deciding he's going "to go" split seconds after the other wally does.

Yeah. Almost as bad as when Will.i.am keeps saying how he worked with "Michael" or Jessie J keeps saying "babes" .
Iron Spine v2.0
Location: You don't wanna go and eat a snack like that! You'll end up with your teeth all grey,

Post by Iron Spine v2.0 »

sendô wrote: You mean the bit where the Irish prick from the Swifts or whatever they're called keeps looking at the ridiculously named idiot from Black Eyed Ponces and says "You going? Are you going? You going? You going?" several times before finally deciding he's going "to go" split seconds after the other wally does.

Yeah. Almost as bad as when Will.i.am keeps saying how he worked with "Michael" or Jessie J keeps saying "babes" .
I had a 'The Voice' drinking game... one shot for shouting, one for any of the singers being told they're better than the original artist, one for a sob story, and one for any time Will I Aint said 'DOPE'.

I was absolutely gattered within 5 minutes.
djclipz
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

Iron Spine v2.0 wrote: I was absolutely gattered within 5 minutes.
:thup:
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

sendô wrote: You mean the bit where the Irish prick from the Swifts or whatever they're called keeps looking at the ridiculously named idiot from Black Eyed Ponces and says "You going? Are you going? You going? You going?" several times before finally deciding he's going "to go" split seconds after the other wally does.

Yes that's it, why is it a part of the show?

I don't understand.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

I think the point is, unlike the excrement factor, they're judging them purely on their voice and not their looks.

It would have been better if the judges couldn't see each other.
mcan
Has liked: 187 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by mcan »

Talking of the voice reminded me of another bug bear which you notice with a lot of these 'singers'.

Blokes wearing flat caps, tilted to one side, as a fashion accessory. No mate, you look a ****ing bell end.
mcan
Has liked: 187 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by mcan »

This fella would be murdered on The Voice up against the screeming banshees -

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yet this is what programmes like this should be about. Different styles ok, but don't shoe horn everyone into one style of music.

I hope Sir Tom is regretting getting himself involved with this ****, though his bank balance will probably say otherwise.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Ahhh...the Voice.
A good idea, totally ruined by the **** singers and dodgy judges.

I've watched a whole episode....I know, I know....and it consisted of some dopey f*cker coming out, ruining a good song or just making a sh*t one even sh*ttier; Jesse Whatsername singing along and making wierd hand gestures; William (William, not Will.I.Am or anything similar you do.pe.y c.un.t) sitting there looking smug and the other bloke that is not, nor ever will he be, Tom Jones looking at all the others to see if they are interested before pressing his button (or not). When they fail to press the buttons, they always say something like "You were really good" - Obviously not otherwise you would have picked them!!!

I agree with the fact they seem to shout rather than sing.

I'm just fed up with the fact we have no decent programmes on the telly any more. If it's not a talent show, it's some other reality bo**ox or a cooking programme. Now I like cooking programmes, I do. I get some good information from them and like trying them out but f*ck me, try producing something else!
How about a comedy or something (Not some cr*p like men dressed as old ladies and wetting themselves but proper comedies like One Foot in the Grave or Only Fools and Horses.) I'd rather watch a full re-run of Porridege and Dads Army than sh*te like that
Xander
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Xander »

Ok this probably isn't a "little thing" but it bloody annoys me: my Doris owns the house so I give her half of the mortgage and bills etc. Fair enough. But I own a car which she happily shoves her arse into every week for me to take her to ASDA (I never buy anything cos I live off of porridge and cream crackers :lol: ) I also take her to that ***** hole Ikea as and when and pick her up / drop off if she asks but in the 3 and half years we've been together she has never once put her hand in her pocket for petrol or offered something towards running costs. The few times I have challenged her on this the response has always been "but it's YOUR car" and the last time I replied "well I could sy it's YOUR house" she took a huff and didn't speak to me for a day. Kinda petty i know but it annoys the crap out of me how it's one rule for her and something entirely different for me.
Captain Slaphead
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by Captain Slaphead »

Xander wrote:Ok this probably isn't a "little thing" but it bloody annoys me: my Doris owns the house so I give her half of the mortgage and bills etc. Fair enough. But I own a car which she happily shoves her arse into every week for me to take her to ASDA (I never buy anything cos I live off of porridge and cream crackers :lol: ) I also take her to that ***** hole Ikea as and when and pick her up / drop off if she asks but in the 3 and half years we've been together she has never once put her hand in her pocket for petrol or offered something towards running costs. The few times I have challenged her on this the response has always been "but it's YOUR car" and the last time I replied "well I could sy it's YOUR house" she took a huff and didn't speak to me for a day. Kinda petty i know but it annoys the crap out of me how it's one rule for her and something entirely different for me.
Woman in double standards shock !
trick88

Post by trick88 »

People on the tube pressing the open button on the doors (more so when they constantly tap it before the train has stopped).. Foreigners are excluded as 'monkey do as monkey see' but you see suits that probably use it everyday pressing it.. does anyone know when these button were last working??
Last edited by trick88 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I have a strong dislike for reality TV but I have to say I really really like The Voice.

The "battles" was not the best, but the lead up to it and I hope the live shows will be good.

The battles were getting people to sing genres they were not comfortable with to test them, there is some real talent on this show.

As for the judges, would love to go for a beer with Danny from the Script, seems a really top bloke, all in all it's a big :thup: for me.

I don't know, haters keep hating *smiley thing*
dodgy dave
Has liked: 113 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by dodgy dave »

Clacton-ammer wrote:I have a strong dislike for reality TV but I have to say I really really like The Voice.

The "battles" was not the best, but the lead up to it and I hope the live shows will be good.

The battles were getting people to sing genres they were not comfortable with to test them, there is some real talent on this show.

As for the judges, would love to go for a beer with Danny from the Script, seems a really top bloke, all in all it's a big :thup: for me.

Has someone hacked your account?
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

Clacton-ammer wrote:I have a strong dislike for reality TV but I have to say I really really like The Voice.

As for the judges, would love to go for a beer with Danny from the Script, seems a really top bloke, all in all it's a big for me.

You've changed :lol: