Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by sendô »

Hate the stench of foxes piss. Especially when the dog rolls in it and comes back into the house and jumps onto the sofa.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Clacton-ammer wrote:my lights were on side lights
Kludgehammer wrote: Going off at a tangent, but I've never seen the point of driving on sidelights - they're so feeble you can't see with them, and barely visible to oncoming drivers. I've never used them, in all the time I've been driving - headlights or nothing (which my car does on auto as well; doesn't even have an auto sidelight option)
I was taught that side lights were "parking lights" for when you leave your car somewhere that the lighting is not too good, enabling other vehicles to see it better. If the light is bad enough that you need lights on you should always turn on your headlights. The number of idiots you see with side lights on in poor visibility is shocking, obviously no idea that they just can not be seen clearly.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

People who shut their dogs out in the garden at stupid o'clock, & allow them to bark insessantly. Had this from 0530 this morning, & you feel like putting a bullet in the dog, but it is probably the owner that is more deserving.
C**ts :evil:
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Dover KUMB fan wrote:People who shut their dogs out in the garden at stupid o'clock, & allow them to bark insessantly. Had this from 0530 this morning, & you feel like putting a bullet in the dog, but it is probably the owner that is more deserving.
We used to have neighbours who did this pretty much every morning, I believe their nextdoor neighbours got the council noise people involved in the end as the people still did it after polite words.
orbital
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by orbital »

Liam Gallagher, I'd love to put the nut on the pr*ck, even if it meant having a tear up with his minders.
ham34mer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by ham34mer »

Cats that use my gravel drive as some sort of communal latrine!

Especially when they seem to be concentrating their "efforts!" right where my car door is!!!! B@st@rds!

Any solutions chaps?? :evil:
Dan1326
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by Dan1326 »

ham34mer wrote:Cats that use my gravel drive as some sort of communal latrine!

Especially when they seem to be concentrating their "efforts!" right where my car door is!!!! B@st@rds!

Any solutions chaps?? :evil:
Orange peel
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Dover KUMB fan wrote:People who shut their dogs out in the garden at stupid o'clock, & allow them to bark insessantly. Had this from 0530 this morning, & you feel like putting a bullet in the dog, but it is probably the owner that is more deserving.
Do they lock them out or just let them out?

Quite often I'll let mine out late at night or early in the morning and the silly ****ers will start barking at nothing and wont shut up despite me shouting "shut up you little bastards" down the garden at them. It's hard to stop them once they start.
ham34mer

Post by ham34mer »

Dan1326 wrote:Orange peel
Dan, do you mean "shove it up their ar$es"?!?!?!

We've tried a few remedies (pepper, man wee, chemicals) but nothing seems to work :(
Dover KUMB fan

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

ham34mer wrote:Cats that use my gravel drive as some sort of communal latrine!

Any solutions chaps??
A Webley Tempest. Actually, that could solve my problem too. :think:
Iron Spine v2.0
Location: You don't wanna go and eat a snack like that! You'll end up with your teeth all grey,

Post by Iron Spine v2.0 »

When I was a student dosser we had an unwelcome moggy.

We laced a tin of tuna with scotch bonnet and never saw it again.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Dover KUMB fan wrote:I got done like a kipper with these. I bought a 32GB SANDISK pen drive. UK seller & all that, but it was a fake, & saved nothing. Copied loads to it, but when I went to read it, the folder structure was there, but no content. Try the software below. (HP USB disk format tool) It fixed mine, & may work on yours. If your USB sticks are useless, you have nothing to lose.
Not even going to bother. It's not worth risking the data I need to have on them. If they have done it once and they are snide, it's not a case of if it goes wrong again, it's a case of when. Only fit for the bin, though I am working on Toshiba to see if they are interested in having them so they can put a warning on their site like they have done with other snides. You never know, they might send me a couple of genuine ones as a thank you :lol:
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

as a responible dog owner i always always pick up if my dog craps while taking him for a walk, it amazes & fu**ing infuriates me that people think its ok to let their cats wander off & p**s & s**t all over their neighbors gardens & dig fu***ng big holes all over it, as i've said before don't fu**ing blame me if your vermin goes missing after its s**t all over my garden because i promise you it fu**ing will.
Dover KUMB fan

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

^^ Clearly a cat lover ^^ :lol:
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Iron Spine v2.0 wrote:When I was a student dosser we had an unwelcome moggy.

Do you think this would work with foxes and is there anything hotter than scotch bonnet that I could lay my hands on?
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

When I was a student dosser we had an unwelcome moggy.

We laced a tin of tuna with scotch bonnet and never saw it again.[/quote]

Do you think this would work with foxes and is there anything hotter than scotch bonnet that I could lay my hands on?[/quote]

yes a fu**ing 12 bore
Steelyhammer

Post by Steelyhammer »

brookingsboots wrote:Foxes....bloody annoying menaces constantly in my garden p*ss*ng and Sh*tt*ing everywhere, digging bloody holes under the fences.
Tuned into that show on CH 4 last night hoping for some tips to get rid of them and it was a show for bloody doo gooders who like having them in their gardens and wanting to tag them with gps sensors and watch their every movement.
I saw a bit of this. Foxes give me the hump. A couple of years ago in my old flat, I came back to a fox sitting directly infront of my front door on my matt. I was walking up the stairs to get in the door when it didn't move but started growling/snarling at me etc. I got right up close to it and it didn't move a muscle so I booted it right in it's boat. Then it swiftly moved... :wink:
Last edited by Steelyhammer on Tue May 01, 2012 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Iron Spine v2.0 wrote:When I was a student dosser we had an unwelcome moggy.

White Goodman wrote:

Do you think this would work with foxes and is there anything hotter than scotch bonnet that I could lay my hands on?

Your Mum :lol:

and she's a fox 'n all
ham34mer

Post by ham34mer »

Cheers Dover & Iron Spine.

I'll get down the shops at the weekend.

If the bonnet doesn't get 'em the Webley it is (which does sound like more fun!!) :twisted:
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

This was covered in last weekends press and deserves a mention and its the cost of replacement razor blades. Absolute rip-off. Not sure it belongs in this thread or a "Manufacturers and retailers whom are complete robbing bastards" thread...The likes of Gillette and Wilkinson Sword or the retailers who sell them at such an extortionate mark-up have much to answer for.

That latest BT ad series about the three young housemates. The girl in it is worth a rattle though.... :thup:

PS. for cat haters, try the sensors which emit an ultra sonic noise which is only audible to them and scares them off.