Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by ageing hammer »

Women who insist on using both their maiden name and married name. Don't know if you lot in England have them but they are everywhere in Ireland. Mary Murphy O' Mahony, Julie Murray Fitzgerald, Jessica O' Leary O'Sullivan. FFS sake when you get married PICK one name or the bloody other. :eh:
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

Sand. it gets ****ing everywhere..
LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

sendô wrote:Jobseekers.

How is it that every doley, professional scrounger, teenage slag, asylum seeker etc is entitled to it despite never having worked a day in their pathetic lives and yet the missus who has worked since she was 16 and has only struggled the last 2 years due to the recession is now not entitled to it after her latest lay off because she "hasn't worked enough in the last 2 years"?

The law seems to be if you are going to get laid off make sure you've not only been there 6 months.
A few of our labourers at work sum up what is wrong with this country. 2 of them have had days off this past week to go down the Job Centre as ,now they are working, the state are no longer paying the the rent and bills on their house and so they feel they are better off not working at all.

I'm 23, have worked 8 years and still can't afford to move out of home yet 1 of them labourers has been on the dole for the last 6 years and has had everything paid for by the Job Centre. Really gives people an incentive to get out and work doesn't it. :thdn:
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

My girlfriends sister in general, grade A **** of a human being. :evil:
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 176 likes

Post by James P »

When you use public wifi and you have bars but nothing will effing load.
nickkarkie
Has liked: 65 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

Girls aged 18-24 in Clubs. 99% of them are Absolute Morons
RyanWHUFC

Post by RyanWHUFC »

nickkarkie wrote:Girls aged 18-24 in Clubs. 99% of them are Absolute Morons
The worst ones are the c**** that get in underage, like my stupid girlfriends sister.
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

Ryan, I hope you mean your 'girlfriend's stupid sister' for your sake.

Meantime, cling film irritates the cack out of me. It doesn't cling, apart from to its stupid self, so it either all tangles up on itself, or you have to wrap something up completely, like a shroud. Bloody rubbish - used to be able to stretch it across a bowl like a drum.
RyanWHUFC

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Ryan, I hope you mean your 'girlfriend's stupid sister' for your sake.
No they're both stupid as each other really mate. :thup:
Iron Spine v2.0
Location: You don't wanna go and eat a snack like that! You'll end up with your teeth all grey,

Post by Iron Spine v2.0 »

That MARS advert where the random bloke is picked from obscurity and saves two Dutch penalties. Absolute cringe-fodder of the highest calibre. Clearly it's not meant to be real but the editing is atrocious and makes it look even faker than it already is.

The shitty little save he does at the start, whilst the commo creams his knickers (HE'S SAVED IT!!!1!) followed by saving a penalty using that poxy scorpion kick that the Colombian keeper did 500 years ago.

All the while Parker and two chums are ****ing themselves furiously at the bloke's greatness.

NO ONE HAS EVER BEEN PLUCKED FROM THE CROWD AND ACHIEVED FOOTBALL GREATNESS, IT'S NOT WITHIN THE LAWS OF THE GAME, STOP IT, IT'S CLICHED AND WANKY!!!
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

The BBC's insistence on "updating" all their sports programme theme music. Snooker, Grand Prix etc. The old versions were loads better.
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

the bbc
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

The insistence on having a bird sing the national anthem and Abide with Me before the cup final. 90% of the crowd are blokes, how the fukc are they suppposed to sing along with some bint screaming her head off? Does my swede in.
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

Denbighammer wrote:The insistence on having a bird sing the national anthem and Abide with Me before the cup final. 90% of the crowd are blokes, how the fukc are they suppposed to sing along with some bint screaming her head off? Does my swede in.
Agreed. The FA just trying (badly) to copy the Super Bowl. Nothing wrong with the good old days and the band playing with the crowd singing. May have been horribly out of tune but was part of cup final day.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

The old advert for Frys chocolate. Anyone remember that. This bird puts a piece of chocolate into her mouth and shuts her eyes. No chewing just into the gob and closes it then closes her eyes and the look on her face you would think she was having an orgasm. It's just a piece of chocolate ffs.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

the oldham stripper wrote:the bbc
:lol:

Nuke 'em ... on my day off preferably !
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

This has probably already been mentioned, but I am sick of commentators and pundits beginning every sentence with 'listen'.

Martin Keown on five did it practically every sentence yesterday.
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

the celestial insect wrote:This has probably already been mentioned, but I am sick of commentators and pundits beginning every sentence with 'listen'.

Martin Keown on five did it practically every sentence yesterday.
Agree - Robbie Savage is the worst for this. A rather odd thing to have to say on the radio of all places, but I guess just another example of the evermore vacuous world that others have highlighted here.

Also the generally unpleasant voices of radio football commentators - I don't mean the crap punditry as often pointed out, but their actual speaking voices. They increasingly tend to be East Midlands types, and they all sound fat, particularly Darren Fletcher, you can hear him sputtering mouthfuls of Ginsters with every sentence. I miss Peter Jones.

Oddly in the same way radio commentators tend to sound of a type (great faces for radio?), so too do the Beeb's TV commentators, who all sound like they're wearing temporary dental crowns.
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

Commentators who insist on pronouncing names totally different from anyone else.

e.g. Yoss-eye benayoun.
Piquionony.
Meirelesh.
Ramiresh.
Headbanger
Steelyhammer

Post by Steelyhammer »

Being left handed but my left jab taking a long time to get up to the strength of my right. Grafting and wood shedding but doing my head in :|