Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Clacton-ammer »

People I have to talk to - I am getting grumpier by the day and at this rate I will pass my grumpy old man by the time I hit next years birthday.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Hammers Dad wrote:Lately, people wearing a suit or proper trousers without a belt. F**k knows why, but it irritates the hell out of me. I want to slap them hard.
& again!
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

I'm really glad it's not just me then. :D
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Hammers Dad wrote:Lately, people wearing a suit or proper trousers without a belt. F**k knows why, but it irritates the hell out of me. I want to slap them hard.
You should only wear a belt if your so fat you need to hold them up under your gut :wink:
Harlow Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by Harlow Hammer »

Work trousers should always be accompnaied by a belt, just looks smarter and better unless you have those trousers with the pulls at the side to tighten the waste.

I also find people who do their tie ups and leave a bout 2 or three inches of it hanging below their belt. Was they never told that the tie should reach the belt buckle (if you are wearing a belt that is)

HMRC - The retards that work there. Four times I have told them I have new accountants yet they still have the old accountants address on my file and then there is the letter they send out saying I owe them £xxxx due to non payment where I clearly have and have receipts from the HMRC to prove it. Do they not proof check these letter before they are sent.

Even when they are in the wrong you get no apology, nothing/ I phone up the other day and the bloke was all laughing and joking about getting these letters. I tried to explain the anguish it causes when you get on thinking you haven't paid one. All he said was write in and they will deal with it and if I still owe money the baliffs will be round!!!

Told him what I thought of that response and what I would do if so heavies came round trying to get into my house.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

badgermax wrote:'re-sealable' pasta that you can't open without ripping the packet, making it un-resealable.
Having just opened some pasta I can confirm that in order to be able to re-seal it you will need a scapel (or if very talented some scissors) along with the skills of a talented surgeon and an engineering degree.
whu333

Post by whu333 »

Surely a good tailored pair of trousers doesn't require a belt... and generally won't even be made with belt loops :?
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

c**** who think they can tell people how to drive.

Was driving round my girlfriends road earlier, it's 30 miles per hour and I was travelling at 25, this **** I talk about was standing in the middle of the road rabbiting with his mate and didn't think to move as soon as he saw me coming. So I carried on and eventually he moved but as he moved to the side proceeded to tell me to slow down using a hand gesture. Cue me getting out the car and asking what his problem was and he told me "it's an unwritten rule that everyone drives round here at 20 or below" to which I said "until the speed limit says 20 I'll do whatever speed I think is necessary up to 30 so don't tell me to slow down in future". To say he wasn't pleased is an understatement.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

whu333 wrote:Surely a good tailored pair of trousers doesn't require a belt... and generally won't even be made with belt loops :?
Trousers without belt loops - fair enough.
Trousers with belt loops - wear a belt irrespective of the fit. It looks smarter, a proper finish to any trousers.
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

Kitt the car wrote:The sodding magpie that sits in the tree outside my bedroom window every morning 5am on the dot squarking his little head off...
Brings back bad memories. I had magpies nesting for 4-5 years in the massive horse chestnut tree outside my house. Know full well what you mean about the din, plus the bastards ate berries and shat constantly which went all over the missus' car, the driveway and the pavement outside. In one overnight, the car would could look like it had been parked in a barn for ten years - incredible level of mess. The tree was also stupidly huge but the council would not touch it all the time the magpies were there. Fortunately, gales one day a couple of years back brought a huge (empty) nest to the ground and the magpies didn't return. The council finally (another year later) got round to properly cutting back and tidying the tree.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Not locking my lorry door whilst delivering to a pub in a sleepy village in the pouring rain.
Scumbag lifted my rucksack containing car & house keys, mobile, debit card, driving licence, spectacles.
Silly tunc left moneybags under my rucksack (approx. £300) and my DAB radio.
neil_d
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by neil_d »

Technology issues. And when you find the problem/solution and it's really irritating.
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

The communal coffee making facilties at work.
Having insomnia I do like a cup of coffee in the morning and the company lay on the tea and coffee.

I work in a warehouse with about 40 people and I am the only mug who will go and get a new tub when it runs out.
To the point where I know it won't last in the afternoon and when I come in the next day and the factory staff having been there an hour before I arrive have used it all, taken to using the decaff and the lazy c**** stand there pissing and moaning because they don't like decaff or don't want tea, yet they won't walk the two minutes to get another tub.
That and they walk past the milk delivery leaving it in the sun to go off twice a week instead of picking it up and putting it in the fridge which is in the bit where they work.
And one of them makes their drink and walks off with the teaspoon in their cup and goes to start in the next building over leaving us with no ****ing teaspoons - we have been through 30 in the last year!
Inconsiderate twats.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

People who place ads of a house for sale on a website and when you click on it to "view" the 4 bedroom property they only have ONE bloody photo of the front of the house that you already have seen. Why would ANYONE want to buy it when you can't ****ing see what it looks like. Message to the people who do this and wonder why no one has ever asked to view their house.........Take more bloody pictures you idiots.

Oh yeah and while I am ranting, another pet hate of mine is when you view a car for sale and the pictures show rubbish bags on the back seat, biscuits on the back window, general rubbish in the car. If they can't be bothered to even CLEAN out the car for the pictures they have no chance of selling it, stupid pricks.

I feel a lot better now :D
squatski
Massive virgin

Post by squatski »

QR codes, it's just a way for them to sell more phones. I couldn't give a f*** about scanning anything. I rock my old nokia 3310. it's a classic lol
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Rocketron wrote:Not locking my lorry door whilst delivering to a pub in a sleepy village in the pouring rain.
Scumbag lifted my rucksack containing car & house keys, mobile, debit card, driving licence, spectacles.
Silly tunc left moneybags under my rucksack (approx. £300) and my DAB radio.
This happened to my old man on his first delivery job except he locked the door. Had to deliver something to Liverpool, came back and the scouse c**** had taken everything.
George>>>>>Sam

Post by George>>>>>Sam »

Not really a little thing, but all types of thievery in general really irks me. From nicking a pack of sweets from a shop to the full blown London riots/nicking stuff last year and everything in between.

I just can't get my head around how people can behave like that. Like with you, Rocketron, when they were going through your stuff and found your house keys, licence and specs do you think even the tiniest part of their brain threw out some regret impulses?

Of course their are bigger and worse crimes, but stealing just makes me so angry. F**KING C*NTS!
James P
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 169 likes

Post by James P »

At least stealing has some sort of point.

We used to have a gang of little shits who every couple of months would run down the road throwing golf balls through car windscreens. Seriously, what is the point? That used to make my blood boil even though miraculously our cars always got through unscathed.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I used to go to West Ham games with a mate that would shout out 'come on Irons' totally missing out the 'you'...we don't go to games together anymore or speak actually.
My dad when he eats. 1, if we are at a restaurant the first thing he says is 'straight to mains then?' so straight away I want to order a starter. 2, When he eats eats he makes so many chink noises with his cutlery on the plate he might as well eat off the table. 3, When he's done eating he picks his teeth with his finger like some people pick their noses on the train.
I hate people with roller suitcases during rush hour. I hate people that sniff constantly on the train. I hate public transport. I hate the public. Although I really like fit birds on public transport.
dtp2

Post by dtp2 »

Overuse and misuse of words.

Seems there are some phrases that get picked up by the masses and overused or misused to compensate for a defined lack of vocabulary.

Used to be random. Now it is proper.

:wink: