Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Bernie Bilic
Location: Turn on GPS and wireless networks in location settings
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Bernie Bilic »

Hiccups! Ive got them now, and cant bloody get rid. Ive tried drinking a pint of water from the wrong side of the glass, holding my breath, scaring myself, not sure what else to do :|
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

Get a mini milk down you - that'll sort them hiccups.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Bernie Bilic wrote:Hiccups! Ive got them now, and cant bloody get rid. Ive tried drinking a pint of water from the wrong side of the glass, holding my breath, scaring myself, not sure what else to do :|
You just need to persevere. Take as much air into your lungs as you can and hold your breath for longer...it's your diaphragm in spasm so you need to "re-set" it.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Bernie Bilic wrote:Hiccups! Ive got them now, and cant bloody get rid. Ive tried drinking a pint of water from the wrong side of the glass, holding my breath, scaring myself, not sure what else to do :|
Crunch an extra strongmint or two, works for me every time
Bernie Bilic
Location: Turn on GPS and wireless networks in location settings
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Bernie Bilic »

Hammers Dad wrote:
You just need to persevere. Take as much air into your lungs as you can and hold your breath for longer...it's your diaphragm in spasm so you need to "re-set" it.
Had another go at drinking a pint of water, seems to have worked this time. :raver:
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

Dan1326 wrote: For extortionate prices the railways charge there should never be an excuse for the train to be late.
Trespassers, vandalism, landslip, police or ambulance attending, suicide, lineside fire, passenger alarm activated...
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

'64 '75 '80 wrote:Trespassers, vandalism, landslip, police or ambulance attending, suicide, lineside fire, passenger alarm activated...
I'll give you genuine passenger alarms, lineside fire and vandalism, but they should leave jumpers on the tracks like 'road kill', and let trespassers take their chancer not shut the bloody line for hours
kesh

Post by kesh »

fjthegrey wrote: I hate weddings also. I don't go to them if it can be helped. Have told engaged friends I wont be going to their weddings. I just cant deal with them.
Stopped having children so i don't have to do another christening. Last Priest we had had cancer an really milked it. Would spend a day in an Iron Maiden.

Bernie Bilic wrote:Hiccups! Ive got them now, and cant bloody get rid. Ive tried drinking a pint of water from the wrong side of the glass, holding my breath, scaring myself, not sure what else to do
It's your inner fish trying to breath! Just to make your experience more weird then it already is. :wink:
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Nothing better than the wedding of a good mate. Admittedly they can be a bit of a drain if you only vaguely know the happy couple though.
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

would rather go to a wedding than a funeral, poxy things.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

How exactly would you scare yourself?
Irish Iron

Post by Irish Iron »

'64 '75 '80 wrote:Heh-heh! Like my industry (the railway).'OMG!!1! MY TRAIN IS LIKE FOUR MINUTES LATE! UR SERVICE IZ SO S***' etc etc. Twitter's full of it. All goes quiet when everything's running fine, though.
Train companies take the mick. Every morning I have to stand on my way into work yet are expected to pay the same? If this was genuine rush hour over crowding I'd wear it but the carrier only puts on 4 carriages because the return journey for them isn’t as crowded. Every other carrier at that time runs 8 or 12 carriages so they are blatantly taking the piss.

In retaliation I occasionally don’t swipe and its not like I’ll get caught because they wouldn’t have the balls (or the space) to stick an inspector on at that time.
Irish Iron

Post by Irish Iron »

Hammers80 wrote:How exactly would you scare yourself?
Easy, think about getting older, bills, what the missus will look like in 10 years etc etc.
Hammers Dad
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Irish Iron wrote: Train companies take the mick. Every morning I have to stand on my way into work yet are expected to pay the same? If this was genuine rush hour over crowding I'd wear it but the carrier only puts on 4 carriages because the return journey for them isn’t as crowded. Every other carrier at that time runs 8 or 12 carriages so they are blatantly taking the piss.

In retaliation I occasionally don’t swipe and its not like I’ll get caught because they wouldn’t have the balls (or the space) to stick an inspector on at that time.
They will say you pay for the journey, not to sit down!
ham34mer

Post by ham34mer »

Philosophical Dan wrote:Get a mini milk up you - that'll sort them hiccups.
Fixed it!

:thup:
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

Irish Iron wrote:
Train companies take the mick. Every morning I have to stand on my way into work yet are expected to pay the same? If this was genuine rush hour over crowding I'd wear it but the carrier only puts on 4 carriages because the return journey for them isn’t as crowded. Every other carrier at that time runs 8 or 12 carriages so they are blatantly taking the piss.

They put on four because they don't have enough stock to run eight or twelve. To make yours eight, they have to scrap another four-car service, which means everyone that has been using that one will now be using your one too.
And thanks to the utter balls-up that is privatisation, there is no more stock. Train companies don't own stock, they lease it. And they can only lease what the Government agreed they could in their franchise agreement.
What happens is the train co. says 'We want to lease these, so we can run these services'.
Government says 'You can't lease those, but you can lease those other ones'.
'But they aren't really suitable'.
'Well, it's those or nothing'.
If the train co. says 'We don't want them', they don't get the franchise.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

I was getting cash from a ATM at the weekend, I was asked by the machine if I wanted a receipt and if I did I was to press option "Yes". So I decided yes I wanted a receipt and pressed the "Yes" option. Then the machine displayed a notice saying........

"This machine does not have a function to issue receipts."

THEN WHAT THE f*** DID IT ASK ME FOR :x
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

trying to get a doctors appointment...
Dan1326
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by Dan1326 »

So why did National Express pay for new trains?
WHU_Del

Post by WHU_Del »

Dan1326 wrote:So why did National Express pay for new trains?
You mean for Stansted Express? They didn't order them, the Government did and allowed NX to lease them. They're actually owned by Lloyds TSB. http://www.railwaygazette.com/nc/news/s ... wse/1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;