Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

devonshire flu
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by devonshire flu »

The javascript at the top of this page that makes the forum links vanish just as you're going to click on them.

I have to carefully move my mouse around the links to stop them disappearing. Drives me mad.
squatski
Massive virgin

Post by squatski »

endless farting

I dont mind a big build up over a long period of time and then let out a big badman. but when it's just little ones every 20 seconds it pisses me off because I actually have to be bothered to fart them out & when I'm sitting down I have to do that weird leaning thing all the time to get space between the buttom of my arse and the top of the chair.
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

" 'n ".

As in Chicken 'n Chips

or Salt 'n Vinegar.

The word is "and" - USE IT PROPERLY
yonni
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by yonni »

Jessie J and any other teen idols endorsing credit cards to teenagers at the Brits during the worst recession since the 1930s which was caused in part by too much sub-prime lending.
Sloffy

Post by Sloffy »

devonshire flu wrote:The javascript at the top of this page that makes the forum links vanish just as you're going to click on them.

I have to carefully move my mouse around the links to stop them disappearing. Drives me mad.
i have to log-in everytime I want to read NUMB or ON THE ROAD

yet the other forums let me straight in
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

yonni wrote:Jessie J and any other teen idols endorsing credit cards to teenagers at the Brits during the worst recession since the 1930s which was caused in part by too much sub-prime lending.
Yeah but fink of da well nice trainers you cud have blud and dat cash don't never have to be paid back, you get me.
Harlow Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by Harlow Hammer »

Microsoft Outlook and meeting invites in partiular.

Just set up a huge conference call with some senior bosses.

Needed to change one small detail after I sent it and ended up cancelling and moving and eventually sending about 3 additional requests.

I hate Outlook, makes you look a righ t*at!!!
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

Two big moans today.

1. Fat people, ugly people, and fat and ugly people especially.

Now I've got nothing against anyone being a bit of a chubber. Lots of us like a bit of fast living, drinking, eating well and not exercising as much as we should. I have a bit of a beer belly myself if I'm honest. A bit of meat around the middle is fine. What I cannot stand are hugely fat sweaty disgusting people who despite being big to begin with continue with the rapid pie arm routine, eating endless ***** and not exercising, whilst moaning about metabolism as they scoff down a large big mac meal. Have some respect for other people, I have to sit next to/opposite/near to you on the train.

I make no excuse for my dislike of ugly people. It's not hard to make yourself look semi presentable even if you're a total munter. Many a moose has nearly hoodwinked me this way I have to say, especially after a few. A decent pair of legs and a nice skirt can really detract from a horrible boat.

2. Car insurance companies, their customer services especially.

I've just had to cancel my policy as I've sold the car and don't need to get a new one. Now after having to listen to his spiel about how he can freeze it whilst I look for a new one I am informed that I'll have to pay cancellation fees and "administration fees" combining to £52.50. Money for old rope. Luckily I've got a good 6 months or so to run so I still stand to get £200 odd back. The trouble is mateyboy wants to transfer it back to the card I paid on originally, and that card has since been cancelled with a new one issued.

Now despite me explaining this to him very slowly and clearly using as many single syllable words as possible, and making it clear that the payment will not go through, he is insistent that, for some reason unbeknownst to anyone, they cannot enter a new card number in at this juncture (my word, not his), and I will have to wait for the payment to bounce back, at which point they will send me a LETTER via bloody snail mail advising me to phone them and advise them of my new card number.

Idiots. Headbanger
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

Selfish, ignorant tw*ts who come into work despite sounding like they are at deaths door and proceed to spend all day coughing their lungs up and spreading their germs around. Two of my team have since gone down with this which has created additional workload for everyone else. Short email to the line manager of the guy in question and he was sent home but why can't people see this in the first place...
Sloffy

Post by Sloffy »

Jabsco79 wrote:Selfish, ignorant tw*ts who come into work despite sounding like they are at deaths door and proceed to spend all day coughing their lungs up and spreading their germs around. Two of my team have since gone down with this which has created additional workload for everyone else. Short email to the line manager of the guy in question and he was sent home but why can't people see this in the first place...
other way round in my place.......... you're expected in if your legs hanging off

and if you do take time off sick you never hear the end of it
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Sick days are for pussys. Never taken one. Didnt even have a day off in secondary school.

I am Bruce Willis in Unbreakable (except my knee ****ing hurts)

What pisses me off today is that my computers USB ports dont work at all and in order to fix them i think i have to replace the motherboard.
sendô

Post by sendô »

Are people really expected to have time off if they've got the sniffles? A heavy cold, coughing and sneezing everywhere but if someone's a bit snotty I'd expect them in.

Anyway, irritant for me this morning was the breakfast I had in the local cafe. I ordered poached eggs instead of fried because 9 times out of 10 they over cook them and it's like eating a hard boiled egg with my bacon. Net result, I get a breakfast swimming in water.

Seriously, eggs aren't hard to cook.
sendô

Post by sendô »

fjthegrey wrote:What pisses me off today is that my computers USB ports dont work at all and in order to fix them i think i have to replace the motherboard.
Isn't that expensive to do? I had a laptop die on me a few years ago due to OMG MUTHABORRRD FAIL!!!11!one!! (more or less how the tech guy at the computer shop put it) and was advised that buying a new laptop was probably cheaper.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

fjthegrey wrote:Sick days are for pussys. Never taken one. Didnt even have a day off in secondary school.

I am Bruce Willis in Unbreakable (except my knee ******* hurts)

What pisses me off today is that my computers USB ports dont work at all and in order to fix them i think i have to replace the motherboard.
Or buy one of these...

(If you have a PC)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Port-High-S ... 4843107281" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Would that work with a lap top?
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

Nope.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

FJ

Do any of your ports work?

You may not have to replace the motherboard at all. Have you checked the status of them in Device Manager, reinstalled the drivers etc?
Burningaham

Post by Burningaham »

sendô wrote:Seriously, eggs aren't hard to cook.

tell that to Mrs Burn.
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

In terms of eggs - I have a pan that is exactly the size required to make the perfect fried egg. It's non stick, you don't need any oil, put it on a low heat and let the pan get hot, crack the egg in, it cooks through in about 3-4 mins and then slides straight out of the pan. Perfect tasting and shaped egg! Great idea whoever thought of it!
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

The amount of poxy take-away menus and company flyers that come through my letterbox. I have been sad and left all of this weeks in a pile by the front door, and so far there are 23.

Takes the piss. I don't want them. :twisted: