Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

evomutant
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by evomutant »

Just checked my work email.

Someone asked me a favor, which is fine. He then invited me to "inbox him" with my reply.

Inbox me. I fear greatly for our civilization.
dodgy dave
Has liked: 113 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by dodgy dave »

evomutant wrote:Just checked my work email.

Someone asked me a favor, which is fine. He then invited me to "inbox him" with my reply.

I think he fancies you
Nap
Hates cheese
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Nap »

evomutant wrote:Just checked my work email.

Taken from Urban Dictionary:

What people say when they are to ****ed in the head to know the difference between a message and where the message is stored.

It's either that, or he fancies you.
Harlow Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by Harlow Hammer »

People that send you an email then walk over 2 seconds later and say "I've just sent you and email"

I know you have, I saw it flash up on the screen but I'm actually doing some work so haven't read it the split second you sent it.

People who send emails who sit next to you or nearby. I don't mind if they have attachments that you need to read or it is an important message or to cover their arse.

Multiple email chase ups. If the first two have worked then go over and stand by their desk and ask them the question or better still ask them in the first place rather than by email.
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

^^ absolutely (sh8t....doing a Don Goodman without even thinking). Had a lad who worked for me who would always ring to say "I've just sent you an email" yeah I know, it's in my inbox but its not priority. I'd also pull certain members of our team up on their reluctance / lack of common sense when emailing someone a simple question who is sat about a tennis ball throw away form them. Just go and ask them verbally....it's how we used to communicate before email and text were invented.

Usually they were graduates and whilst nothing at all against graduates generally, these were the types who considered themselves highly intelligent but lacked one iota of common sense and an ability to think for themselves.
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

Driving along, two lanes of traffic, left hand lane is to turn left at the junction and the right hand lane is for straight on, 90% of the traffic is turning left so is queuing in the left lane, you can bet your life that some dickhead will be driving down the right hand lane knowing full well that he is going to turn left and puts on his left indicator at the last minute and tries to cut in.
Now there are two things here
1. The reason there is a queue in the first place is because arseholes like you are trying to cut in at the last minute causing the queue even though you know its wrong and you think you are above everybody else.
2. The absolute idiot that lets them in!!!, im driving within a fag paper of the car in front, no way im letting you in under any circumstance, as far as im concerned you can sit out there all day for being a tosser.

Its about time the police started getting out on the beat and not hiding behind speed cameras and start dishing out points and fines for inconsiderate driving for people that do this on a daily basis
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

Gold & Sullivan.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

i deal with independent financial advisers on a daily basis.

They get paid a ****ing **** ton of money and NEVER do their job properly, I sort out their mistakes, they give me nothing but ****. ****ing c****.
North wales Hammer

Post by North wales Hammer »

People that don't pick there dog **** up,that winds me up big time
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

My missus rings my phone and I miss the call due to a meeting or taking a crap or whatever. I check the phone later to see a missed call from my missus. Then my phone indicates I have a new voice mail message from my missus. I check the message and she says " it's only me can you ring me when you get this message"

ffs I KNOW it's only you I have a missed call from you, why couldn't you just TELL me what you wanted to tell me in the MESSAGE.

I now have to ring her back to find out what she wanted to tell me and it is something like " we need some milk" or whatever. She could have told me that in the message :x
Dan1326
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by Dan1326 »

Women, they call, you miss the call by about a second, you call straight back and they don't pick up. What the f*** is that about?
Xander
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Xander »

Dan1326 wrote:Women, they call, you miss the call by about a second, you call straight back and they don't pick up. What the **** is that about?
That is them having a huge strop that you didn't deem them important enough to answer on the very first ring.
delbert
Has liked: 719 likes
Total likes: 699 likes

Post by delbert »

sendô wrote:When you turn the kitchen tap on without realising someone's left a spoon in the sink and water goes EVERYWHERE.
I do that in work as a booby trap, the hours fly by where I work....... :lol:
delbert
Has liked: 719 likes
Total likes: 699 likes

Post by delbert »

Tristan Shout wrote:Driving along, two lanes of traffic, left hand lane is to turn left at the junction and the right hand lane is for straight on, 90% of the traffic is turning left so is queuing in the left lane, you can bet your life that some dickhead will be driving down the right hand lane knowing full well that he is going to turn left and puts on his left indicator at the last minute and tries to cut in.
1. The reason there is a queue in the first place is because arseholes like you are trying to cut in at the last minute causing the queue even though you know its wrong and you think you are above everybody else.
2. The absolute idiot that lets them in!!!, im driving within a fag paper of the car in front, no way im letting you in under any circumstance, as far as im concerned you can sit out there all day for being a tosser.

Its about time the police started getting out on the beat and not hiding behind speed cameras and start dishing out points and fines for inconsiderate driving for people that do this on a daily basis
Do you go from civilization to south London via the Rotherhithe tunnel in the morning by any chance?
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Tristan Shout wrote:Driving along, two lanes of traffic, left hand lane is to turn left at the junction and the right hand lane is for straight on, 90% of the traffic is turning left so is queuing in the left lane, you can bet your life that some dickhead will be driving down the right hand lane knowing full well that he is going to turn left and puts on his left indicator at the last minute and tries to cut in.

I mentioned the same thing a few pages back...it pisses me off big time. Like you, I stick as close as possible to the car in front but there is always some numpty who lets them in and once one does it and gets away with it, others will follow.
Sloffy

Post by Sloffy »

people that say 'pacific' when they mean 'specific'
tall paul
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by tall paul »

people who spell the 'teh', wronguns all of them
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

C*nts that never capitalise letters correctly...
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

tall paul wrote:people who spell the 'teh', wronguns all of them
It's a typo! I do it all the time (I must be a wrongun)
Harlow Hammer
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by Harlow Hammer »

Why does the wife ring me up at work to tell what she has been doing all day or what she is going to do?

Do I care....really.....if she has been to shop or going shopping.

She rings me up at 9am and asks what I want for dinner. Now I have another 7 hours a work to make decisions far more important than what I want for dinner. Just cook something, I will eat it.

Recruitment Consultants - Ring you up with a fantastic job offer, your a really good fit from your CV...let me send your details blah blah blah and then ........... nothing. Them seem alarmed that I ring them back up to find out what came of the role. All chances the lot of them....only worried about commission at the end of the month.

Recently had an interview lined up but was then cancelled due to budget constraints....then got called to say it way back on..went to the interview, got through that one and waiting for the 2nd interview only to find that the role had been pulled again. In the mean time I got offerred another role all within the space of two weeks, off my own back via LinkedIn