Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Kitt the car »

Hambrosia Stu wrote:Not so much a little irritation, but a fairly big one right now....

Moany c@nts.... who for some unknown reason think you are interested in their moany negative take on everything...just **** off and stop bringing me down you whiney old c@nt!

The old bugger down the corridor has been driving me to despair this week. My head has been in bits this week, due to the truly tragic death of a friend, and every day, at least 3 or 4 times a day (I'm lucky if it's only 3 or 4 times...) my colleague comes in my room to moan, bitch, whinge, critisise and moan a bit more about they guy he works with
Despite struggling to hold it together at times all week, I have stayed calm and diplomatic, suggested that rather than tell me, he actually tells the bloke he's moaning about (he wouldn't dare say it to his face...which is part of his problem), made it obvious I'm not interested, I'm busy so don't have the time, tried to change the subject..... he has no interest in anything I have to say, on any subject, just instantly turns the subject back to bitching about his colleague, and I swear to god I'm close to lamping the c@nt

He seems to revel in others misfortune or mistakes, and just seems to enjoy spreading misery about the place and bringing people down. Bad enough when you're in good form, but even worse when you ain't feeling great...

Anyway, sorry about the ranting, bitching and moaning...! :lol:
But that has been my irritation of the week, month and year (well, ever since I started working with the miserable old twat really)
I also work with an old guy who is my head of department who is such a negative moany **** that does my head in. Negative about every little thing in life, his wife broke her ankle quite badly in October last year and he constantly moans about her and him having to do everything for her. He is currently on holiday [which he also moaned about as its somewhere he has already been before and doesnt really want to go there] so this week has been bliss, how I put up with him I seriously don't know nor do the other people I work with as he winds them up and they rarely see him throughout the week!
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

Hambrosia Stu wrote: I guess I'm just worried that if I do give it to him as straight as can be, I'll go off on one and really lay into him as it is something that has been building for some time
Nah just go for it, sometimes you just need to unload both barrels on some unsuspecting bellend. It's therapeutic, you'll feel better you've got something off your chest and he'll learn his place. Win/win as far as I'm concerned. Plus all your colleagues will be impressed "Did you hear about Stu giving that miserable old tosser both barrels? Good on him" etc. :thup:
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

The press and media fuss about Maria Fowler (ex-TOWIE apparently) being a 'WAG' She dated Lee Croft (? exactly) who set the Championship alight so much with Derby County this season he was loaned to St. Johnstone....

Non-stop rain...
Steelyhammer

Post by Steelyhammer »

Umbrellas breaking too easily in this monsoon season, gives me and my wallet the hump :x
sendô

Post by sendô »

People who drive without their lights on in the pissing rain. About 9/10 cars I went past this morning. Bloody annoying as you can guarantee it's the same people who drive with their fogs on at night when it isn't foggy..
mcan
Has liked: 187 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by mcan »

Any time I tune into Countdown only to find Rachel Riley is not wearing a figure hugging dress.

Bad darts Channel 4.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

sendô wrote:People who drive without their lights on in the pissing rain. About 9/10 cars I went past this morning. Bloody annoying as you can guarantee it's the same people who drive with their fogs on at night when it isn't foggy..
This ^. You wanna try spotting them in wagon mirrors on the motorway. People really are very thick sometimes.
sendô

Post by sendô »

The bakery in Tesco having nothing in it at 6:30 this morning. Half past six. What happened to the days when bakers got up early? Too much of a blood inconvenience now?
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Buying two 32GB memory sticks on eBay and discovering that they are fake with the same serial number on the back of each of them, and seller still saying they are genuine, despite them being in different packaging to the genuine article, and both of them full of errors.

Trading standards job methinks.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

sendô wrote:The bakery in Tesco having nothing in it at 6:30 this morning. Half past six. What happened to the days when bakers got up early? Too much of a blood inconvenience now?
My wife used to be a baker at Safeway. She would be up at 3, leave at 4 to start work at 4:30. First batch was out of the ovens by 5am
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

Dyer's Leg wrote:Buying two 32GB memory sticks on eBay and discovering that they are fake with the same serial number on the back of each of them, and seller still saying they are genuine, despite them being in different packaging to the genuine article, and both of them full of errors.

Trading standards job methinks.
I got done like a kipper with these. I bought a 32GB SANDISK pen drive. UK seller & all that, but it was a fake, & saved nothing. Copied loads to it, but when I went to read it, the folder structure was there, but no content. Try the software below. (HP USB disk format tool) It fixed mine, & may work on yours. If your USB sticks are useless, you have nothing to lose.
http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=197" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Films about dancing.
yonni
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by yonni »

Me and my son had a virus. Nothing too bad, sore throat, bunged up but felt shattered for 2 days and then got over it pretty quickly. Wife has now come down with the same thing. While me and Jnr (2 yrs 3 mnths) got on with it but maybe had the odd nap, wife is in bed for 3 days, nearly took a fourth until she realised I was losing patience. She constantly expects sympaththetic cuddles and me running errands to the shops for her but I don't have time as I'm supposed to be preparing for my new job tomorrow and winding up my old business. So now she's taken a strop. FFS, it's just a bug! Get over it and stop reminding everyone how ill you are. If I sound unsympathetic, I watched my dad battle cancer last year (and lose), that deserves sympathy not a fugging cold!
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 340 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Driving to work this morning, stopped by the Old Bill who were in a really smarmy mood (even more than normal), due to my lights were on side lights but according to them they should have been on full. My car has that auto setting, so I never touch my lights, car does it all for you. Explained this and they got the hump some more, saying they are right and "just do it".

Now, they may well be right, perhaps the auto settings need adjusting but their ****ing attitude got right up my nose....again.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Patrick Swayze and Paul Mercurio shall Rumba on your grave.

Soulless slime.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Patrick Swayze and Paul Mercurio shall Rumba on your grave.

Soulless slime.
I've got more moves than those two put together. I'd serve both of them up on an ivory platter with a choice of sides.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Clacton-ammer wrote:my lights were on side lights
Going off at a tangent, but I've never seen the point of driving on sidelights - they're so feeble you can't see with them, and barely visible to oncoming drivers. I've never used them, in all the time I've been driving - headlights or nothing (which my car does on auto as well; doesn't even have an auto sidelight option)
brookingsboots

Post by brookingsboots »

Foxes....bloody annoying menaces constantly in my garden p*ss*ng and Sh*tt*ing everywhere, digging bloody holes under the fences.
Tuned into that show on CH 4 last night hoping for some tips to get rid of them and it was a show for bloody doo gooders who like having them in their gardens and wanting to tag them with gps sensors and watch their every movement. Headbanger
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Kludgehammer wrote:Going off at a tangent, but I've never seen the point of driving on sidelights - they're so feeble you can't see with them, and barely visible to oncoming drivers. I've never used them, in all the time I've been driving - headlights or nothing (which my car does on auto as well; doesn't even have an auto sidelight option)
I'm the same, headlights or nothing.

I think sidelights are a rather British thing;
"I want to be seen, but not seen too much"
"I've got proper lights but I don't want to appear too ostentatious to other road users so I'll use these little lights instead".
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

brookingsboots wrote:Foxes....bloody annoying menaces constantly in my garden p*ss*ng and Sh*tt*ing everywhere, digging bloody holes under the fences.
Tuned into that show on CH 4 last night hoping for some tips to get rid of them and it was a show for bloody doo gooders who like having them in their gardens and wanting to tag them with gps sensors and watch their every movement. Headbanger

fu**ing vermin, them & poxy cats

nuke the c***s