Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by White Goodman »

People constantly pressuring me to drink at work despite knowing that I've been teetotal for 10 years as if I am doing it on a whim.

I am tempted to start again, just to show them why it is a bad idea.
BSB1

Post by BSB1 »

w4hammer wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VudJpH-y ... re=related

viking you say? welcome to the techno viking!
See your techno viking and raise you techno viking girl. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PbZkuaS ... re=related
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

sendô wrote:Jobseekers.
This :thup: After I finished school I was short of cash so I signed up while I looked for a job. Took me two weeks to get part time work with an agency. Piece of piss. The dole money I got for the 2 weeks was taken back when I stopped going to the job centre (because I was at work)...

The people you see in there too - I saw a 70 year old woman wearing "jeggings"...
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

I had to claim for a few months after leaving the forces, dole offices are **** places to be .

Every other person carrying a bottle of White Lightning and all the furniture screwed to the floor. Lovely.
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

How is it that every doley, professional scrounger, teenage slag, asylum seeker etc is entitled to it despite never having worked a day in their pathetic lives and yet the missus who has worked since she was 16 and has only struggled the last 2 years due to the recession is now not entitled to it after her latest lay off because she "hasn't worked enough in the last 2 years"?

The law seems to be if you are going to get laid off make sure you've not only been there 6 months.
This seems to be because the tories have gone about their radical reforms in completely the wrong way.

The Netherlands has a good system. When you first become unemployed you get benefits that are weighted depending on your last income. After a certain period of time (6 months I believe) you are taken off of these benefits and I think you are either put on the absolute minimum of support or are completely taken off of support.

This would seem to be sensible. It limits the possiblity of you not beign able to pay bills etc that have developed whilst you were in employment and gives you a sensible amount of time to go and find a job after which if you haven't got one they withdraw funding. again, fair enough as in 6 months you really should have found something else to do.

In this country it seems like the longer you are out of employment the easier it is to get the ****ing money.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:
When I'm with her, she's as good as gold. When I see the stuff she writes, I wish to end her.
That made me chuckle ... I'm the same, in fact I think I'm probably worse. I shout at the telly when these ads come on spouting pseudo science and using every cliched marketing gimmick to make you try and buy they useless ****ing junk.

There are times when I really just give up on my species for the stupid, inconsiderate, illiterate, greedy, materialistic, shallow and ignorant race that they are. This usually happens when I happen to stumble across programmes like Big Brother, X-Factor, The Voice etc. Headbanger
w4hammer wrote:beards. immediate death sentence for anyone caught wearing one- including falsies. end of.
The only people that say things like that, are people who can't grown one.
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:
The only people that say things like that, are people who can't grown one.
I would agree with you but for one example.

My old man could grow a beard in about 3 days if he wanted (one of those has to shave twice a day merchants to not look unclean) but he thinks anyone who goes out in public not being clean shaven is a no hoper.
Harlow Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 92 likes

Post by Harlow Hammer »

My old man says this and always moans at me when i have stubble.

When i try to explain to him that I don't work 5 minutes from home and have to get up at some unreasonable hours in the morning to get to the car park to get a space and then get on a tube for an hr.

Having a shave is the last on my list of things to do before i head out the door. Having a beard or stubble does not make me less likely or capable to my job than if I was clean shaved.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

I can't remember the last time I was clean shaven. Probably over 2 years ago now.

The beard suits me better.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: When I'm with her, she's as good as gold. When I see the stuff she writes, I wish to end her.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:That made me chuckle ... I'm the same, in fact I think I'm probably worse. I shout at the telly when these ads come on spouting pseudo science and using every cliched marketing gimmick to make you try and buy they useless ****ing junk.

There are times when I really just give up on my species for the stupid, inconsiderate, illiterate, greedy, materialistic, shallow and ignorant race that they are. This usually happens when I happen to stumble across programmes like Big Brother, X-Factor, The Voice etc.
I'm fully with the programme here...

I've tried to stop using the word "vaccuous" on here, but so much of the world is just that, as well as all of what GCRO states. We live on a wonderful planet, full of interesting things, yet it seems we're living in a time where the worst, most stupid, selfish, ignorant fucktards are celebrated and looked up to.

Sometimes I just want to disassociate myself with my species.

Most of TV is full of such retarded dullards. Apart from the likes of X-Factor, you have muppets like Keith Lemon, who's entire act seems to based on the premise that is it hilariously funny to be a complete and utter brain-dead moron. It's not funny, it is just moronic

Then you have facebook.... I know exactly what RARS is on about. No matter how much weeding out you do, it does seem that the place is just full of people who have to present themselves as the worst sort of dullards. An example:- I am friends with my best Irish mates missus (as he refuses to join, and it's a handy way to keep in touch with what they're up to). She's a lovely girl, I've always found her witty and intelligent, and just a good laugh
"Lovely post dinner walk with Jake. Tired and going to bed now lolz. Nite nite everybody." (Jake is their dog)
So why does the above just wind me up?
That is just the latest, and not the worst by far, but she is relentless in her banality.
When I go back to Ireland, and catch up with my mate, I'm kind of on edge about meeting his missus, as I've formed the opinion in the meantime that she's a dribbling idiot. Yet within 10 minutes we are getting on like a house on fire....

However....
I do know where HD1 is coming from. A friend of mine died last week, and it does put things into perspective. How it ain't worth sweating the small stuff. Even more so as he was the sort of guy who was just a joy to be around, as he always saw, and would bring out, the best in everyone he met. He certainly wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought, was just as cynical as I am, and would hardly bite his tongue when confronted with the cr@p of the modern world, but somehow he managed to do so with a disarming smile, and in such a jovial way that got straight to the point whilst not being massively negative.
I could do with being a bit more like that myself!
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

The over deification of various sporting events and to some extent sportspeople.

I've been guilty of it myself in the past and whilst I could pick pretty much any major sport to illustrate my point, I'll go with golf, specifically The Masters.

Now, I enjoy watching almost any sport but it massively grips my **** when I have to listen to dramatic music played over the leaderboard , whilst Peter Alliss wanks himself half to death talking about Amen Corner, Phil Mickelson being left handed (who gives a f*** seriously), Darren Clarke being the 'big man', go on son make yourself a hero (a laughable comment generally restricted to the Ryder Cup), green jackets and a load of ridiculously over privileged c**** playing what really is a very skilful but ultimately stupid ****ing game in the grand scheme of things.

Not the only sport that does this by any means though.
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Going back to work after being ill.

I've just had three weeks off after a hospital stay after being quite poorly. I can guarentee that tomorrow when I go back and for the next few shifts all I will get is, "Oh, you obviously weren't that ill then", "Just a bit of man flu/a cold was it then?", "Why are you back already? I would have milked it for all I could and taken a few months off", " I bet mangement didn't ring you to see how you were, oh, they did? Obviously they were checking that you were actually sick and not just skiving then", "Oh, we heard you had been sacked"

Along with having to tell my whole life story of the past month over and over again to different people when they asked.
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

How is it that every doley, professional scrounger, teenage slag, asylum seeker etc is entitled to it despite never having worked a day in their pathetic lives and yet the missus who has worked since she was 16 and has only struggled the last 2 years due to the recession is now not entitled to it after her latest lay off because she "hasn't worked enough in the last 2 years"?

The law seems to be if you are going to get laid off make sure you've not only been there 6 months.
Human garbage, the kind of people you wouldn't mind scientists testing on.
Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by Jabsco79 »

Hearing that Weetabix has been bought by a Chinese company. Not that I'm especially an aficonado of Weetabix but yet another example of British brand / company sold off overseas. Still getting over Cadbury's, HP Sauce and now this...

On the Jobseekers office topic, a friend of mine works in the Staines centre and they have two full-time security guards there actually inside the offices which says it all about the types who go there....especially those from Feltham and Slough.
eastsidejon

Post by eastsidejon »

After struggling to open a new CD today, I'm with Denis Leary.

f*** this!

http://lyrics.is/song-f**k-this-lyrics-denis-leary.html
eastsidejon

Post by eastsidejon »

Jabsco79 wrote:On the Jobseekers office topic, a friend of mine works in the Staines centre and they have two full-time security guards there actually inside the offices which says it all about the types who go there....especially those from Feltham and Slough.
I think they have them in most DWP offices now.I'm sure some of them are on work experience!
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

When my wife of the time was laid off she went in for an interview. One of the questions was "would you be willing to take part-time work?" - being a bit niaive she said yes, on the basis that any money coming in would be good. Therefore we received a letter saying her claim had been rejected as "she was not seeking full-time employment". When I contacted them to complain the person I spoke to was extremely rude and didn't like me pointing out that my wife had worked since she had left school and therefore having paid into the system for years I didn't see why their staff should be tricking her out of entitlement.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

The building where I work.

We're currently working out of a "fully serviced" down the road from the project we are constructing. I say fully serviced but then in general we have:

1. Heating pumping out full blast a few weeks back when we had the nice weather
2. No heating today combined with a/c on full blast = colder at my desk than on site
3. **** seats that seem to slope forwards and are bloody uncomfortable when you sit here too long
4. No milk in the fridge pretty much every afternoon about 4 when I want a cuppa (the worst crime of the lot as far as I'm concerned), and
5. The FM team staff (the secretaries in other words) getting stroppy about us wearing hi vis jackets in the building. They don't want a construction firm in their crappy building apparently bringing it down, but they don't mind too much when the cheque comes in every month.

Mind one of the birds is a bit tasty. The most miserable one unfortunately.
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

[quote="sendô"]The building where I work.

We're currently working out of a "fully serviced" down the road from the project we are constructing. I say fully serviced but then in general we have:

2. No heating today combined with a/c on full blast = colder at my desk than on site
3. **** seats that seem to slope forwards and are bloody uncomfortable when you sit here too long
4. No milk in the fridge pretty much every afternoon about 4 when I want a cuppa (the worst crime of the lot as far as I'm concerned), and
5. The FM team staff (the secretaries in other words) getting stroppy about us wearing hi vis jackets in the building. They don't want a construction firm in their crappy building apparently bringing it down, but they don't mind too much when the cheque comes in every month.

Mind one of the birds is a bit tasty. The most miserable one unfortunately.[/quote]

as the saying goes, it doesn't matter how gorgeous they are some poor bas**rd somewhere is getting her s**t
Cambs Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Cambs Iron »

the oldham stripper wrote:The building where I work.

Mind one of the birds is a bit tasty. The most miserable one unfortunately.

as the saying goes, it doesn't matter how gorgeous they are some lucky bas**rd somewhere is getting her s**t on his C**k
Edit for you