Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by sendô »

WHU Independent wrote:My 7 YO niece - brought up totally wrong: totally spoilt, default setting is NO!, doesn't listen to either parent, screams shouts if she doesn't get her way, divisive, vindictive, aggressive, violent, rude, abusive, pernicious, won't wash, won't clean her teeth, has to have her mum with her 24 hours a day (even when they pee - she has to be there!), has started wearing full make up: there is one way - her way or nothing - otherwise she has a total meltdown until she gets her way: all in all one evil; nasty kid.

Mum and dad see nothing to worry about, just give her everything she wants all the time and she'll grow up lovely and fine.

I loathe her and am withdrawing from her life.
I've highlighted the main problem. Give her want she wants for an easy life - so in essence a 7 year old is calling the shots. Kids need boundaries, they can't have their own way all the time or they grow up to be arseholes, sadly.

My missus has a kid sister who's 9 and whilst not as bad, generally ignores all orders to not do something etc as her mum simply laughs it off every time she's naughty and never follows through with any threats regarding discipline, therefore there is never any repercussions to her actions.
Tarte Encore
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Tarte Encore »

Self proclaimed exercise gurus who run bootcamps and bang on about healthy lifestyles and diets, together with preachy vegans who try to shame you into not eating meat because it's so cruel on the animals. Both of whom you know hoover up industrial amounts of Bolivian marching powder as part of their 'lifestyle'. Therefore tacitly sponsoring human trafficking, drugs mules, prostitution, gunrunning, murder, death and suffering across the globe. I find their dishonesty, self denial and hypocrisy a little irritating
trick88

Post by trick88 »

Tarte Encore
:thup:

Completely agree with that.
Barking Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

Great post TE that has to be the post of the month. But in all honestly with kids on school holiday and the summer transfer thread the bar wasn't set that high which gets me on to my point, football fans in general just always come across on the Internet as pig headed uneducated assholes the minority of course but unfortunately the minority end up clogging up most of the forums and Twitter timelines.
Tarte Encore
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Tarte Encore »

trick88 Barking Iron. Just like to point out they don't bang on and preach at me, not anymore anyway. I have this tendency to call out bull when it makes itself visible. Doesn't go down too well with the source though. You're right BI. A case in point, the summer transfer thread is especially unreadable this year. I just bookmark the ITK's post archives and do a quick reccy every now and then. Saves time and preserves your sanity.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1981 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Balsamic Vinegar, Ruiner of Lunch.
Jeffcoate321

Post by Jeffcoate321 »

Footballers all bleaching their hair this summer.

Ramsey, Dani Alves went silver at the last world cup too, Borini and now Messi. I'm pretty sure I saw Arnautovic with it too, with that **** top knot.

Fellaini was the worst one, if I was one of his teammates I'd shave it all off in his sleep. bunch of tarts.
Messi you look like bloody Abel Xavier.

Shocking look.
delbert
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 701 likes

Post by delbert »

Jeffcoate321 wrote:
Fellaini was the worst one, if I was one of his teammates I'd set him on fire in his sleep.

Shocking look.
Corrected for you........
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

The headline of this news story on a UK website about something that happened in India.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-36921346
Hammers Dad
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

sendô wrote:The headline of this news story on a UK website about something that happened in India.

When it was up this morning it said 15p in the headline
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

sendô wrote:The headline of this news story on a UK website about something that happened in India.

Hammers Dad wrote: When it was up this morning it said 15p in the headline
That's due to the flatlining of the economy. CD blames BREXIT.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

OK, this is going to be boring - but it was a little thing that irritated me. At work when we are driving, we have to 'follow headway'. What that means is, we are supposed to stay a set distance away from the bus ahead of you. We have a display in our cab that shows our headway. It looks something like: I_I_I_I_>_I_I_I_I.

The middle bit is where we are supposed to be. Each bar represents around two minutes when you're running a ten minute headway (Gap). Above represents a perfect headway - the arrow slap-bang in the middle.

Anyway, I got held back on my last round today by three minutes for headway from the bus in front, which annoyed me in itself, as I hate leaving late. However, when I got to the third timing point, when the display updates, I then found my arrow was on the one but last line on the left - which means the bloke ahead is now 16 minutes ahead of me when he should be ten - and as a result, I now have six minutes worth of extra passengers to pick up, thus making me later and later, while the bloke in front is having an easy trip and he is doing sod all work. The main thing that irritated me, is the controller was happy to see me running late and doing the work, whilst completely ignoring the fact the bloke ahead is now 4 minutes early.

May not sound much, but it was a little thing that REALLY irritated me.

And I did say it was going to be boring... :)
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

-DL- wrote:OK, this is going to be boring - but it was a little thing that irritated me. At work when we are driving, we have to 'follow headway'. What that means is, we are supposed to stay a set distance away from the bus ahead of you. We have a display in our cab that shows our headway.
You might enjoy this :wink:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Maint ... of_Headway" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hammers Dad

Post by Hammers Dad »

The cost of places to go during the school holidays.

For my family, to go to:

London Zoo - £95
London Aquarium - £93
Madame Tussauds - £134.50
Longleat - £126,80
London Dungeons - £116.80
HMS Belfast -£56

Ridiculous. Headbanger
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Most of those are rubbish anyway.

Do the 'free' stuff like the NHM and the Science museum.
Hammers Dad

Post by Hammers Dad »

Mega Ron wrote:Most of those are rubbish anyway.

Do the 'free' stuff like the NHM and the Science museum.
That's the plan but it would be nice to go somewhere different
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Depending on the ages of the sprogs, the Imperial War Museum has to be near the top of the list.
the celestial insect

Post by the celestial insect »

Hammers Dad wrote:The cost of places to go during the school holidays.

For my family, to go to:

London Zoo - £95
London Aquarium - £93
Madame Tussauds - £134.50
Longleat - £126,80
London Dungeons - £116.80
HMS Belfast -£56

Ridiculous. Headbanger
I haven't got kids, but I find that astonishingly expensive for any family. Ridiculous.

My first port of call would be the museums (Natural History/Science/V&A/British) -- loads to see, interesting, and educational. My favourite places as a kid in the holidays. Just don't eat at the cafes!
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

A fairly low cost option is to download the treasure hunt app Huntzz http://www.huntzz.com/treasure-hunters. ... 52tlrgrLIU and do a few of these.

Some of them are in the museums so you can kill two birds with one stone!
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Hammers Dad wrote:The cost of places to go during the school holidays.

For my family, to go to:
Disgraceful prices .