Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Hammers Dad »

Jabsco79 wrote:Seeing pregnant women smoking. Likewise those smoking around their kids aged around 2-3. No brain, no class, no consideration.
I never smoked in front of my kids at that age

I always let them go first in case they couldn't finish a whole fag.
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

Jabsco79 wrote:Seeing pregnant women smoking. Likewise those smoking around their kids aged around 2-3. No brain, no class, no consideration.
i did a few months work in a hospital delivering stuff. now and then on my travels would find ppl having a smoke round the back of the maternity ward. it was a sad sight, terrible really. i had a word once and just got a load of abuse back... can't say i didn't expect tht to happen, but it made no difference anyhow.
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

Interpreters on TV always got boring ,droning voices,just put subtitles on if you want to talk to some foriegner
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Mrs: Get me a babygrow out the drawer.
Me: Which one?
Mrs: Anyone, doesn't matter.
*takes babygrow to my Mrs
Mrs: not that one.
Headbanger
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Wasting money on **** that breaks as soon as you touch it.

Useless ****ers at the jobshop. (no fella, it's your job to help me find a job, not tell me that i'm ****ed)
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

Phil McNulty's inane, pointless tweets every 5 minutes on the BBC Sport football website. Just try having an unexpressed thought for once, you gimp.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

You pick up a couple of trousers with size 38 on them you walk all the way to the fitting rooms and queue up. You go in take off your jeans and then the new pants won't even go past your bloody knees. Reason? because the HANGER reads 38 but the BLOODY pants is only a 32. Now you have to take it BACK off and get bloody redressed and go all the way over again and start all over again FFS. :x
Hammers Dad
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

ageing hammer wrote:You pick up a couple of trousers with size 38 on them you walk all the way to the fitting rooms and queue up. You go in take off your jeans and then the new pants won't even go past your bloody knees. Reason? because the HANGER reads 38 but the BLOODY pants is only a 32. Now you have to take it BACK off and get bloody redressed and go all the way over again and start all over again FFS.
Fat ba*tard :lol:

I know what you mean though, happens all the time to me too.
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Denbighammer wrote:
I was on the M1 last year on the new 4 lane section they've done. Moving but congested (50/60mph-ish) in lanes 3 & 4. I cruised along at 70mph in Lane 1 past hundreds of cars with Lane 2 completely empty. I guess it was illegal but I saw it as sensible.
Asked a copper about this and he said as long as you are under the speed limit its fine to do (whether the lane hogging car then claims not to have seen you and then pulls over to the left is another thing)

I do undercut like you Denbigh when the morons cant see a clear inside lane, then give em a look to see who is driving and from what ive seen its people who either seem scared i.e over 70 or female drivers or an ethnic minority who doesnt understand road rules.

Should be able to undercut them then pull in front of them with left indicator on and keep slowing down till they pull over to the correct lane :evil:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

iTunes. How can a company like Apple that has managed to produce such excellent and popular products like the Mac, iPod, iPhone etc still be using such an awful, unwieldy and user unfriendly program to run it's software?
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

Apple
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1639 likes
Total likes: 507 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

the oldham stripper wrote:Apple
is the correct answer!
devonshire flu
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by devonshire flu »

You have your toaster set to make the perfect toast, right?

Not too cooked, but still toast.

Then one of your daughters decides to adjust the setting 'cos she's toasting something else. Crumpets, poptarts, whatever,

Does she put it back on your setting? Does she f***.

You end up bleary eyed at crack of sparrows with toast that is either still bread or burnt to a ****ing crisp.

I can't be the only one with this problem. No-one understands. I'm thinking of setting up toasters anonymous. My name's DF and some ****er has adjusted the ****ing settings on my ****ing toaster. Something like that.
Muddy

Post by Muddy »

devonshire flu wrote:You have your toaster set to make the perfect toast, right?

Not too cooked, but still toast.

Then one of your daughters decides to adjust the setting 'cos she's toasting something else. Crumpets, poptarts, whatever,

Does she put it back on your setting? Does she ****.

You end up bleary eyed at crack of sparrows with toast that is either still bread or burnt to a ****ing crisp.

I can't be the only one with this problem. No-one understands. I'm thinking of setting up toasters anonymous. My name's DF and some ****er has adjusted the ****ing settings on my ****ing toaster. Something like that.
Seek help mate :lol:
I symperthise though, people shouldn't f*** with another fella's settings
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

. It is however a core issue which means Sony Ericsson are to blame for your lack of signal.
for the pedants amongst us ( and to save UTJ lawyers fees..)

Sony Ericsson make handsets

Ericsson make the stuff that goes in the network- two totally seperate companies.

What went wrong? Well if you're interested...it was a CUDB problem Central User Database - problem being- if you centralise all your users databases ( so that you dont run different databases for mobile/fixed/IP/wifi etc) you'd better make sure it doesnt fail *laughs*

Funnily enough, the Orange network in France was down most of the previous week-end, a similar reason but different equipment (alcatel lucent)

why is this in this section? I work in this industry and im irritated on a daily basis by the idiots I have to work with in mobile operators who all think they know best and always think that driving the price down is the most important aspect of delivering a decent service

Im also irritated by the uproar of people saying " MY PHONE HASNT WORKED FOR LIKE UMM 1 HOUR NOW HELLLLP WHO CAN I SUE!?!"

get over it .

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2012/0 ... tage_cause
Muddy

Post by Muddy »

Being short on cash at the wrong time. Alright there's never a good time to be short on cash, but you know what i mean.
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

w4hammer wrote: Im also irritated by the uproar of people saying " MY PHONE HASNT WORKED FOR LIKE UMM 1 HOUR NOW HELLLLP WHO CAN I SUE!?!"

get over it .
Heh-heh! Like my industry (the railway).'OMG!!1! MY TRAIN IS LIKE FOUR MINUTES LATE! UR SERVICE IZ SO S***' etc etc. Twitter's full of it. All goes quiet when everything's running fine, though.
kesh

Post by kesh »

Weddings!

Seem to be of an age were i'm going to weddings regularly, an each one is a modern form of torture. As a non-church goer, partial assburgers syndrome person, pretend singing an praying in public are horrendous. Then there's the after party, last one i went to one of the missus's work mates' wedding, knew no-one, a pint an glass of wine was 9 quid, bottles 28, we were in the middle of no where till 1am an once the music come on i couldnt hear a thing anyone said for 7 hours. Phone had no internet signal. Had only 3 fags, thinking they'd be somewhere there to get some.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

I hate weddings also. I don't go to them if it can be helped. Have told engaged friends I wont be going to their weddings. I just cant deal with them.
Dan1326
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by Dan1326 »

'64 '75 '80 wrote: Heh-heh! Like my industry (the railway).'OMG!!1! MY TRAIN IS LIKE FOUR MINUTES LATE! UR SERVICE IZ SO S***' etc etc. Twitter's full of it. All goes quiet when everything's running fine, though.
For extortionate prices the railways charge there should never be an excuse for the train to be late.

Next year it will be cheaper to drive to work than get a train.