Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sion

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by sion »

When food comes in separate sealed packing but with one best before date. Certain family members always seem to open the side with the best before date and then throw away the packaging leaving me with bacon in the fridge with no known best before date and same detail for the beagles in the cupboard! Ah it's the little things that annoy me
'Appy 'Ammer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by 'Appy 'Ammer »

My 2 year old daughter.

She is my second child.

My first who is now 8, grew up without any "terrible twos" syndrome, and had a rather peacful fatherhood.

Now my second is the offspring of Damien. Messy hands on the walls, trashing everything in sight, can't talk but can understand evey word said. Wont go to bed, takes her nappy off after putting one on her, screams if either Mummy or Daddy leaves the room, etc etc.

And my Mrs wants a third.

I might just cash my pension in early and head to Columbia
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

sion wrote:... same detail for the beagles in the cupboard!
Call the Animal Liberation Front! Sion eats doggies! :D
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2490 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

'Appy 'Ammer wrote:My 2 year old daughter.

She is my second child.

My first who is now 8, grew up without any "terrible twos" syndrome, and had a rather peacful fatherhood.

Now my second is the offspring of Damien. Messy hands on the walls, trashing everything in sight, can't talk but can understand evey word said. Wont go to bed, takes her nappy off after putting one on her, screams if either Mummy or Daddy leaves the room, etc etc.

We said more than a few times that if our first child had been like the second we would have stopped at one. :wink: First one was no real trouble, apart from the usual new parent fears and panics. Second one entered the terrible twos just before his second birthday, 21 in August and sometimes I think he never left the terrible twos. Image
sion

Post by sion »

WHU_Del wrote: Call the Animal Liberation Front! Sion eats doggies! :D
Well I would if only I knew if they were in date or not!
Hampshire Hammer

I'm currently trying to sort out car insurance, my current insurer sent me a renewal that had gone up £200 a couple of weeks ago as it runs out at the end of next week. They are now emailing an calling at least once a day to renew, this despite me telling them each time they call that I have quotes that are £200 cheaper and I am still examining options but unless they cut their price to match it won't be them.

Saying that, using the comparison websites I have several quotes that as soon as you click through the price goes up before I start selecting any add-ons.
'Appy 'Ammer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by 'Appy 'Ammer »

^^^ Hampshire, you too mate?

No matter if cbeebies is on or a trip out, the little rat will do as she pleases and does stuff adults would do, the annoying adults, like giving you an empty beaker to fill for them, or raiding the freezer for another ice lolly, or hiding stuff that isnt theirs, the list goes on. A two year old is an adult with no rules that cant talk yet.

How lucky they are not having to go out to work the fields these days. I will remind her that when she can speak. The runt. But love her still
delbert
Has liked: 720 likes
Total likes: 700 likes

Post by delbert »

'Appy 'Ammer wrote:My 2 year old daughter.

She is my second child.

Hit it, hard and often. Kids learn through pain, don't listen to all the simpering twats with their soppy "naughty step" bollox. Give her a good twatting, it makes her learn and also gives you an outlet for your frustrations, a win win all round.......
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2015 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Empty seats at the Etihad.

City are in dreamland compared to 10-15yrs ago, yet can't fill 45k stadium.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1669 likes
Total likes: 518 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

The London Marathon - if it is the f'in London Marathon why do we have to have it in the East End all the time?

It's time for a change - have it round Knightsbridge, Mayfair, Chelsea and Fulham, ending up right out side No 1 The Mall.

That way they could put up with the filth left on the floor, the people pissing and ****ting in public (and in people's gardens), the drunks who start drinking at 9 am in the morning and who are pissed before the race has started, being trapped in your flat unable to use your car or walk anywhere, the tourists who wander about lost blocking the pavement. the crush on the DLR/Tubes in the area, being unable to eat out in any place within a 3 mile radius of the run, the constant white noise of the crowd and the pubs with outside sound systems all turned up to 10, the drunks who hang about and get agressive after the event has well ended, and the helicopters flying overhead all times of the day or night.

But they won't will they!
delbert
Has liked: 720 likes
Total likes: 700 likes

Post by delbert »

That's a good point mate, they should jazz up the route a bit and involve other parts of London.......
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

WHU Independent wrote:The London Marathon - if it is the f'in London Marathon why do we have to have it in the East End all the time?

It's time for a change - have it round Knightsbridge, Mayfair, Chelsea and Fulham, ending up right out side No 1 The Mall.

That way they could put up with the filth left on the floor, the people pissing and ****ting in public (and in people's gardens), the drunks who start drinking at 9 am in the morning and who are pissed before the race has started, being trapped in your flat unable to use your car or walk anywhere, the tourists who wander about lost blocking the pavement. the crush on the DLR/Tubes in the area, being unable to eat out in any place within a 3 mile radius of the run, the constant white noise of the crowd and the pubs with outside sound systems all turned up to 10, the drunks who hang about and get agressive after the event has well ended, and the helicopters flying overhead all times of the day or night.

But they won't will they!
I hear ya!
I live in Kidbrooke which means the roads around here are shut from about 7 in the morning as the start is about 5 mins away.
We have the helicopters about that time, or just a bit later.
The number of f**kwits who park all over the place irrespective of it meaning the road goes down to one lane.
About time they moved it elsewhere.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Monday morning.
westham,eggyandchips

The Anti-London Marathon brigade. NIMBY muppets.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 708 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Hampshire Hammer wrote:I'm currently trying to sort out car insurance, my current insurer sent me a renewal that had gone up £200 a couple of weeks ago as it runs out at the end of next week. They are now emailing an calling at least once a day to renew, this despite me telling them each time they call that I have quotes that are £200 cheaper and I am still examining options but unless they cut their price to match it won't be them.

Saying that, using the comparison websites I have several quotes that as soon as you click through the price goes up before I start selecting any add-ons.
I had the same from a comparison site. Compared a few quotes on a bike I was thinking of getting a while back. Soon after my mobile would ring on the hour every hour to the point where it was bordering on harassment. I lost it a couple of times with them and then just changed my mobile number on the comparison website. Problem solved. Did numerous quotes since and not a peep on the mobile. Usually you can bargain down from the quotes on the site anyway if you ring direct. The key to insurance quotes is to negotiate, never pay the quoted price.
Hampshire Hammer

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:The key to insurance quotes is to negotiate, never pay the quoted price.
Yes thats a good point, my issue with current insurers is their refusal to negotiate.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1669 likes
Total likes: 518 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Anti Marathon Muppets - NIBMY's = I've only had the marathon in the area which I live for 30+ years - it's only fair that we "share the fun" with other parts of London. Fair play and all that :P
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

RyanWHUFC wrote:Monday morning.
nice and cloudy here in lisbon, makes monday morning almost bearable.
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

People in the street wearing surgical masks......

WTF!
westham,eggyandchips

AlfieG wrote:People in the street wearing surgical masks......

WTF!
Chinese?