|Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.
"UMBRELLAS" and the idiots who use them..
i'll explain: i'm 6' 5" tall and in general most people tend to be smaller, when its raining idiots using the umbrellas tend to be looking downwards making sure they dont get thier shoes wet by a puddle.
most dont seem to have any idea whats around them, so more often or not whilst walking down the street i tend to get poked in the face/eye and even after they are clueless that they have done it,
its happened to me where its been 3 or 4 in less than 10 minutes that these f###ng things have proper hit me in face, sometimes scratching me poking me in the eye. by the time on about the 4th time in a row im now on a war path ready to smash the **** out of the next umbrella (not the person just the umbrella).
the worse culprits are men (get a f-ing coat with a hood you t-rts).
what dont help is the spikes on the things, now if they were more curved like you would find on a little girls brolly it wouldnt matter
some people even have the big ones like you would go fishing with, even worse take up the bloody whole of the walkway...
should be classed as a dangerous weapon...
dont mind fisherman using em' or spectators watching something as they are staitionary..
if you cant get used to getting a bit wet by the rain i think you should emmigrate to a sunnier country,
or i would if it wernt for my beloved WEST HAM..
thats what irritates me..
oh and 3 foot spurs fans..
Working in the City I would disagree, it's the ****ing bimbo women who don't look where they are going. At least most of the men raise their brollies up above others heads, women just plough on
People crossing the road,
1. You get the chumps that just wander across the road without looking and when you have to brake to not hit them they just give you a dirty look like they are in the right and you are in the wrong, if you are going to step into the road at least look to see if anything is coming and if you do by accident not see someone coming at least acknowledge the fact that you have done something wrong!
2. Zebra crossings, it enrages me that when i am driving down the road approaching a zebra crossing and i can see someone is looking like they are going to use it i slow down and stop, either give my lights a little flash or if close enough gesture to them in some way that i have seen them and i am going to stop, a little wave or nod of the head if they are looking, then the arrogant tossers stick their noses in the air and with a smug look on their face just walk across without even looking at me, just presuming that i would stop as its a zebra crossing looking like they are the most important person in the world and they have had the power to make me stop, would it not hurt just to raise your hand in thanks or even just a nod of the head or a smile to let me know that you appreciate the fact you have interrupted my journey to let you across the road safely, whatever happened to manners you ignorant scum??
3. Pelican crossings (the one with the lights where you wait for the green man), regularly i am driving along and some right plonker walks up to the crossing, presses the button, then looks up the road to see nobody is coming and the road is clear so they just walk across and bimble along their merry way, then I come around the corner in my car just as the lights turn red, they are already across the road now and gone and i have to sit there like a right chump waiting for the timer to run down with not a soul crossing the road, look before you press you idiots!!
Dicks who get on the tube with their phone/wallet/oystercard in one hand and a full cup of hot coffee in the other.
They proceed to try and balance everthing whilst not holding on and the proceed to spill the coffe on my trousers. They also seemed a bit put out that I demanded that they pay for them to be dry clean and thought that a simple sorry (along with a smile) would suffice.
Spending the whole day smelling like Costa Coffee is not good not to mention the coffee stain on the trouser legs and 3rd degree burns to my thigh!
If you are gonna drink a steaming hot cup of smelly drink on the tube make sure you are capable of standing up and or at least put things away so you can hold on when it gets a bit rocky.
Those people who want to read the paper on a packed tube and proceed to use your back as a rest for the paper, depositing all the ink from the pages onto your shirt. Don;t get me started on Kindle readers who think they have a right to stand on the tube with the thing at arms length and then get annouted when you knock it or move it.
Women who spend 20 minutes putting all sorts of lotion on their faces, hands, legs etc in the office. Walked in and it smelt like the ****ing body shop. They then proceed to talk about that shitty book and how they wish their husband was like the guy in the book. It's a book. It's fiction. Now piss off and let me do no work in peace
All this b*llocks about bus drivers needing £500 bonuses during the Olympics because they'll have to "work harder".
Firstly, whether they will have to work harder or not is highly debateable, as buses have a set capacity and wont suddenly be able to carry more people because Japanese tourists are smaller or something. If they have to work longer hours then they get paid over time anyway for those hours. The job is the same. Open/close doors. Drive along set route, stopping at bus stops.
Secondly, how many other professions get hefty bonuses for doing their jobs when it is busy? Do barmen get a bonus on a Friday or Saturday night? Does a waiter get a bonus when the restaurant is full? Do I get a bonus when I have to work all day long and cant spend hours on KUMB? Do I ****.
The whole thing stinks of "Ooh ooh me too" because they know tube drivers et al have already forced through a bonus for doing **** all extra. The whole thing will only serve to undermine public support for the Unions further, despite it being as low as it has ever been already.
The person you are describing in all three examples is the same person. It's the same person that doesn't say thank you when you hold the door open for them. It's the same person who calls a wrong number accidentally and then hangs up without apologising for having accidentally wasted your time. It's the person you give directions to who just walks off when you have imparted the required information. It's the selfish track-suited c*nts who now fill the Towns, Villages and Cities of this once green and pleasant land and I have f*cking had enough of it.
Or the cocks who walk three abreast down the path and expect you to walk in the road to go round them.
I tend to barge straight through . *****.
The fact that certain parties have re-branded the Oxford Circus area "midtown".
If ever there was a more pathetic, brazen attempt to appeal to Americans then I've not seen it.
Has that really happened? Jesus f*cking c*ntyb*llocks.
*uses rifle on myself*
To be fair those area are a bit like the bit of skin between your bollox and your a-hole i.e an area of little interest between two more interesting points.
I bet most London cab drivers would kick you hard in the b*llocks if you got in and asked to be taken to "midtown" and to be fair, you'd deserve it.
1. Selfish pricks who do not refill the kettle after emptying it. Three times today I've had to refill that thing and wait for it to boil before I could have a brew. Is it so hard to top it up with water and stick it back on when you finish?
2. Lazy tossers who take a week to do something that takes 20 minutes because they think I am putting them out expecting them to do it, despite it being their job.
3. Incompetent people who constantly try to pass the tasks they should be doing onto other people because they don't know what they are doing.
When you say 'stick it back on', are you referring to re-boiling it, or just sticking it back on the mains thing?
Either way, a cup of tea should not be made from water that has been boiled already, or is anyway stagnated.
And... I've noticed... you don't half moan at some proper crap things