Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

dodgy dave
Has liked: 113 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by dodgy dave »

morrisey is a hammer wrote:African bloke i sat next to on the train today. He was wearing a Brand new west ham jacket on and a nice west ham hat. Good too see some Africans do have good football taste for a change. :D
Frederic Piquionne??
CentenaryUpperHammer

Post by CentenaryUpperHammer »

A mate e-mailing me wishing me good luck for my new job along with the link to Christina Hendricks 'hacked' mobile phone pictures! Best Monday in a while!
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

Not mine, mine wasn't gold :(

I wondered if i should have said gold or not ??!?!?!?
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

Otters who look like Benedict Cumberbatch http://gunslingerannie.tumblr.com/post/ ... s-who-look
David Mitchell is a koala http://davidmitchellisakoala.tumblr.com/
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Parking next to an identical car and pretending your in park ferme after a Grand Prix

:oops:
squatski
Massive virgin

Post by squatski »

funny writings on the wall you see in public toilets, usually childish stuff like, call (phone#) for bum sex... probably their mates number. very silly but can't help laugh (not out loud obviously)
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

The other night as I was getting my daughter ready for bed in her room, I let out a silent, very smelly fart in the corner I was sitting. I immediately called her over to me and told her to sniff in really hard.

Being a totally trusting 5 year old who loves her daddy she did exactly as ordered.

In a second she was holding her nose and rolling on the floor screaming, before running off to tell mummy that daddy had stunk out her room.

I'm obviously a very bad parent, but every time I think of her reaction I can't help smiling.
dodgy dave
Has liked: 113 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by dodgy dave »

Bend it like Repka wrote:The other night as I was getting my daughter ready for bed in her room, I let out a silent, very smelly fart in the corner I was sitting. I immediately called her over to me and told her to sniff in really hard.

Being a totally trusting 5 year old who loves her daddy she did exactly as ordered.

In a second she was holding her nose and rolling on the floor screaming, before running off to tell mummy that daddy had stunk out her room.

I'm obviously a very bad parent, but every time I think of her reaction I can't help smiling.

This is one of the best things about being a parent
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Watching all the totty coming through the arrivals gate at Gatwick tonight :raver:
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

squatski wrote:funny writings on the wall you see in public toilets, usually childish stuff like, call (phone#) for bum sex... probably their mates number. very silly but can't help laugh (not out loud obviously)

I remember trying to stifle a laugh out loud, when I saw, scribbled on the wall, 'Not now Scotty, I'm having a shi . . .' at which point the line from the pen left the 'i' and went straight up the side of the cubicle.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

Anyone who doesn't find toilet graffiti amusing is dead inside.
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

pulling off a cracking bluff in poker..... only a little smile though, and inside.
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

In a place called Le Pub in Newport there's some cracking graffiti, including one tile which says "This tile has AIDS" :lol:

Yesterday, my little nephew gave me a high five for the first time ever, which was amazing.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

Bend it like Repka wrote:The other night as I was getting my daughter ready for bed in her room, I let out a silent, very smelly fart in the corner I was sitting. I immediately called her over to me and told her to sniff in really hard.

Just tonight, my boy was fighting with me and I "accidently" got him in a headlock and farted full in his face.
He started coughing so I let him go and he ran out of the room saying he felt sick.

It really is a joy being a daddy :lol:
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

Each time I get a new electrical good - camera, lap-top, phone, stereo, - basically anything with a screen; that protective film you get over it? Peeling that off... god knows why but just really satisfying.

Can only imagine it might stem from school days and peeling that Gloy glue stuff off my hands when making something with balsa wood. Hope so, anyway...

Also, the other day - leaving the cinema after watching 'The Artist', and literally EVERYONE spilling out onto the street afterwards with a massive smile on their face; doubled with the fact that I watched it at what's apparently the only fully-functioning gaslit cinema in the UK, it just felt exactly how I imagined crowds of filmgoers used to leave the pictures during the 'golden days of Hollywood' (as depicted in the said film). Just a really nice feelgood moment. :D
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

WestHamByTheSea wrote:Each time I get a new electrical good - camera, lap-top, phone, stereo, - basically anything with a screen; that protective film you get over it? Peeling that off... god knows why but just really satisfying.
On a similar note, pulling the ring pull on a new tube of tennis balls.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Friday!!!! :D
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

The pocket arnold app on Iphone and prank calling my birds sister and using it to wind her up hahahaha
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

Yesterday I saw some "hard as nails" piece of chav scum complete with obligatory staff turn to talk to his equally worthless mate and walk into a set of railings, there is a god.......... :lol:
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

Fit girls in hotpants. Thankyou sunshine! 8-)