Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by FreeWheeling »

ChzMff wrote:The resident loud mouth Chelsea fan in the office buying £150 worth of official Chelsea merchandise for our off shore Indian colleague. He was expecting repayment but instead he, along with a load of other people in our department copied in, received an email thanking him for his generosity and kind gifts.
:lol: Brilliant
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1677 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

The fact that my cats know exactly when feeding time is for each of the 3 times a day they get fed and they come up and pester me at exactly the same time every day to remind me that it's "Din Din times." They must have some kind of in built clock to do this - amazing! Makes me chuckle every time they turn up, bang on time every time.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1498 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Being invited to some dry lunch distant relatives party in June only to find out its the weekend I'm in Manchester for the Stone Roses :scarfer:

Mrs Eggs can't get out of it though which made me smile even more.
3 Hopes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by 3 Hopes »

Was at the swan in stockwell last night, found out the DJ was a season ticket holder after requesting Twist and shout haha, cheers for getting that on plus spandau ballet gold :tune:
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

On the new kits thread CH has posted Barnet's offerings. Their fourth shirt is a 70th anniversary shirt from 1946 when they won the amateur FA cup or some ****. Talk about scraping the barrel!
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Wasn't sure where to put this:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jennings
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 253 likes

Post by Jennings »

WHU Independent wrote:The fact that my cats know exactly when feeding time is for each of the 3 times a day they get fed and they come up and pester me at exactly the same time every day to remind me that it's "Din Din times." They must have some kind of in built clock to do this - amazing! Makes me chuckle every time they turn up, bang on time every time.
I used to have a cat that would dig a little hole in the ground before doing a poo and then fill the hole in again.

Now that's amazing!
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Jennings wrote:I used to have a cat that would dig a little hole in the ground before doing a poo and then fill the hole in again.

Now that's amazing!
They all usually do that. Its an in-built instinct they all have from living in the wild and not wanting to leave their scent around for predators. Same with when they're ill or pregnant they usually go and hide somewhere as they know they're at their most vulnerable and don't want seven bells kicked out of them by some other cat.
Jennings
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 253 likes

Post by Jennings »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:
They all usually do that.
Not with a spade they don't.

:oops:
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

The fact that even though both threads started in December 2011, Little Things That Irritate You is 700 pages longer than this one!
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 337 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Jennings wrote:Not with a spade they don't.

:oops:
They're making them more advanced these days - Smart Cats are all the rage now.
Burningaham

Post by Burningaham »

Couple of hedgehogs shagging in the dark at the bottom of my garden just scared the crap out of my pointer puppy :D
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Burningaham wrote:Couple of hedgehogs shagging in the dark at the bottom of my garden just scared the crap out of my pointer puppy

Maybe the one in front was a scrubbing brush :D
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1498 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Watching the world go by in St Katherine's dock, with a cold beer and the sun shining. :)
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Watching the world go by in St Katherine's dock, with a cold beer and the sun shining. :)
I'd respond, but it would need to go in the things that irritate you thread (because i'm stuck at my desk)
Eggchaser
Has liked: 1877 likes
Total likes: 480 likes

Post by Eggchaser »

From the Man Utd match thread:

Ludeksgloves wrote: My lovely girlfriend gave birth to my first child (a beautiful healthy baby girl) right before kickoff! What a way to celebrate that last game at the Boleyn...!

So proud. :
MrTwoIrons wrote: Congratulations, You should name her Boleyn. You know in memoriam and all that :crest
Maroonmachine wrote:Or perhaps Anne...
:D
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1855 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Aussie wedges spam javelin in ring spanner (The Register)
An Australian man whose penis somehow became lodged in a ring spanner earlier this week was freed in the traditional manner - by a fire crew bearing an angle grinder.

According to this local report, "firies" were called to a hospital in the New South Wales city of Tweed Heads on Monday to perform what for them is apparently routine surgery.

Senior firefighter Peter Sutherland explained his elite extraction team's method thus: "We use a tiny angle grinder that’s air operated and use measuring tape to protect the skin and slowly zip away at it while keeping water running on it so it doesn't get too hot.

"It's a pretty delicate operation especially where it is, there’s a lot of blood vessels. We do quite a few of them."

Sutherland advised that in the event of todger entrapment, quick action is vital. He said: "It's really dangerous because inevitably people leave it too long to come see us because they are embarrassed, or say my wife said to put butter on it, sleep on it and it will go down."

"It never does," he warned.

While getting one's engorged spam javelin trapped in a ring spanner is fairly impressive, Australians will have to pull their fingers out if they're to challenge the current head of the trouser department mishap league - a 52-year-old German who required release from 13 steel rings
Follow the link and read the comments :lol:
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1982 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:On the new kits thread CH has posted Barnet's offerings. Their fourth shirt is a 70th anniversary shirt from 1946 when they won the amateur FA cup or some ****. Talk about scraping the barrel!
My grandad was Barnet's right back in that final. I was really chuffed that they were making a commemerative shirt, and then a bit let down to see that it was just the same as their normal shirts with one of the colours changed. I'll buy one anyway, and wear it with a smile.
Odessa
Has liked: 272 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Odessa »

Having the entire house to myself and the cat this weekend.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1982 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Odessa wrote:Having the entire house to myself and the cat this weekend.
That's one very scared cat.