Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Post by The Gibbins »

Some blokes absolutely disastrous toupee on the train yesterday :lol:
Mr P
Location: On the outside of a rather cheeky bottle of Viognier...

Post by Mr P »

The Gibbins wrote:Some blokes absolutely disastrous toupee on the train yesterday :lol:
But isn't that just every syrup you see? I beats me that anyone can look in the mirror when wearing one and think "yeah, you can't see the join"

It's the ones that curl up at the edges that really get me!
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Since my back problems became so bad that I cannot walk more than about 10 steps , my idea of joy is to go outside to sit and read a book or just sit in the sun when the weather allows .
We get a lot of birds in our garden as we planted a load of shrubs , privet , quick thorn and a few trees years ago , and now I have this one blackbird who is more daring than the rest who comes and sits on the arm of the chair I sit on and peeps until I feed him / her .
It's a joy and makes me smile every time .
It follows me when I get the coal in and has been known to follow me up the path when I go to get the post . Lovely little thing .
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

The 29 year old bloke who sits opposite me at work, moaning that his mum had packed two kit kats in his lunch box today, rather than a kit kat and a bag of peanut butter M&Ms.

He drives a brand new BMW, wears shirts made by Duchamp, and lives with his parents in their flat.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Since my back problems became so bad that I cannot walk more than about 10 steps , my idea of joy is to go outside to sit and read a book or just sit in the sun when the weather allows .
We get a lot of birds in our garden as we planted a load of shrubs , privet , quick thorn and a few trees years ago , and now I have this one blackbird who is more daring than the rest who comes and sits on the arm of the chair I sit on and peeps until I feed him / her .
It follows me when I get the coal in and has been known to follow me up the path when I go to get the post . Lovely little thing .
A lovely story, but for some reason, I'm getting the impression you wrote it in 1930.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist

10 Iron

Post by 10 Iron »

I8 Chavs on a megabus to Paris :)
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

10 Iron wrote:I8 Chavs on a megabus to Paris
:thup: Was hoping he had forgotten to get a return journey and be stuck in Paris!
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Getting a phone call from a job that I thought I'd ****ed up on the interview with only to be told that I have got the job. :D
kesh

Post by kesh »

RyanWHUFC wrote:Getting a phone call from a job that I thought I'd ****ed up on the interview with only to be told that I have got the job.
Gratz!

My lil boy doing a lil laugh when saying "No" to everything... an saying "No" an wagging his finger when you ask if he wants a haircut. :D
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

Transfer Deadline Day!
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

TurnbullHammer wrote:Transfer Deadline Day!
The main reason why transfer fees & wages have gone totally bonkers.
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

I've been going well over my internet data on my phone lately, and with a new job possibly on the horizon it won't change. So I phoned Orange to ask about changing my plan, I was hoping to raise the internet data and lowering the amount of minutes I get to even it out.

5 minutes later I put the phone down having convinced them to give me unlimited everything for the exact same amount that my contract is now. Meaning I'll save money.

:D
devonshire flu
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by devonshire flu »

This cheers me up when I'm feeling down:

https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8 ... Agd5w2.gif

Not sure why, though.
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

roadrunner & wyle coyote are the best cartoons ever, never fail to have me fall about laughing :lol:
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist

Mate's just come to work, massive grin on his boat. Launched into this story:

"So I'm coming in off the A3, and this BMW, typically, decides he's going to shoot past the traffic leading up to the roundabout on the outside lane. A coach comes round, so he can't pull out, so instead nips into the inside lane, cutting up a few cars. The car he swerved in front of, a white mini, beeps its horn. So the BM driver - all tattoos and no neck - gets out, walks over to the mini, and starts banging his fists on the roof. He stops and walks back to his car. At which point, the mini door flies open, and a tiny little 5 foot girl springs out. She sprints over to the bloke, and as he turns towards her, she leaps and lands both knees on his chest, knocking him down. She then proceeded to sit astride his chest, and rained down punches on his chin. The rest of the traffic just stopped there and watched."

Followed by

"She was pretty hot, actually"
shammy

Post by shammy »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Since my back problems became so bad that I cannot walk more than about 10 steps , my idea of joy is to go outside to sit and read a book or just sit in the sun when the weather allows .
This made me smile. Bit of the Alan Bennetts about it....."And I had a lovely slice of Mams treacle tart...."
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

http://www.rte.ie/radio/mooneygoeswild/ ... ril18.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kesh

Post by kesh »

Getting humongous divorce-laden grief for actually enjoying my days off. :raver:
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

seeing my cat kill and eat a blackbird - that the soppy old b*stard next door feeds on his deck chair