NFL Fantasy League 2017/18: New Season details from page 171

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Dyl

Re: NFL Fantasy League. ATTENTION! DRAFT DATE CHANGE!

Post by Dyl »

fjthegrey wrote:I knew it would happen, but I'm having a complete last second rethink as to who my first pick will be and have almost decided to change it.
haha! I know! i'm close to abandoning my strategy! it's so weird with 16 ****ing people! i'm used to 8 or 10!
denzel

Post by denzel »

ffs my internet's not working
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 163 likes
Total likes: 1105 likes

Post by Rio »

What's the link I'm late
JohnSissonsWasMyHero

Post by JohnSissonsWasMyHero »

Was second, Wiltshire Raiders are up and running (but might not be catching in week 10 :( ).

Edit:- To add, thanks Dyl for setting this up.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Getting more and more wound up with the mistakes I made.

I just shouldn't have taken Fred Jackson over Watkins.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Cheers Dyl.

I didn't have a clue what I was doing.

It started badly when I should have got Megatron but thought I couldn't have him and went downhill form there, if that's possible.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

I've looked through all the teams. Everyone has weapons that could win them any one off game. I'd be a bit worried with some of the starting QB's over a season though, but with 16 teams there was bound to be some teams with less than stellar starter.

This will be an interesting season, all those random players at the end, some of them will look like master strokes come game time. Zac Stacey was being picked on average 112th last season, he was the player on more winning fantasy teams than any other :wink:

I am just delighted to get Megatron and jordy nelson, I couldn't believe it when Calvin and Foles fell to me, those three players alone give me confidence.

Just remember to check your projected points and who your players are on bye weeks, you dont want to be fielding a player who is injured or not playing due to schedule!

Let the banter commence from this thursday night, when anyone with Green Bay or Seattle players starts their season!
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Post by Bubbles & Squeaks 77 »

Fairly happy with my draft (always happy when I get Rodgers)
My RBs are a cause for concern.

Think kickers are overlooked in this game and can be the difference in tight games especially 50 yard+ FGs being knocked in.
fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey »

I'm putting a lot of faith in Toby Gerhart to be honest. Cruz and Peterson will guarantee me decent points, Tobes, I'm hoping, will resurrect himself at the Jags and join them as my elite point scorers.

Really wanted Foles as my QB, unsure about Colin. Manziel will be known as Johnny God come the end of the season though, you'll all see.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

fjthegrey wrote:I'm putting a lot of faith in Toby Gerhart to be honest. Cruz and Peterson will guarantee me decent points, Tobes, I'm hoping, will resurrect himself at the Jags and join them as my elite point scorers.

Really wanted Foles as my QB, unsure about Colin. Manziel will be known as Johnny God come the end of the season though, you'll all see.
I LOVE gerhart this season, got him in my other draft and was gutted he went elsewhere in this one.

Blake Bortles will get more fantasy points than Manziel this season. Mark it bro 8-)
Johnny Pa(i)ntsil

Post by Johnny Pa(i)ntsil »

Went early on team D, kicker and back up QB and ended up thin on depth in other parts. Time will tell on this one.
Johnny Pa(i)ntsil

Post by Johnny Pa(i)ntsil »

fjthegrey wrote:Manziel will be known as Johnny God come the end of the season though, you'll all see.
Johnny Sack will be another Heisman bust by the end of the season.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

i'll kick your sorry arses :scarfer:

not overly happy with my WRs (although golden tate on the 7th round was a steal!) but lacy, gore and pierre thomas at RB look nnnice!

Dyl the helmet (Image) stole megatron, rothlisburger and sproles from right under my nose, but could have been worse.

carlos hyde (rookie RB, 49ers) on the 9th round maybe wasn't the greatest pick, bit of a gamble, but he should get game time. and with cj anderson, if the two broncos main running men don't impress or have some injury issues, i'm laughing!

having missed out on big ben, flacco was probably a bit of a panic pick (disconnection didn't help either, i got back online with 29 seconds to go) but he's not that bad as back up for griffin.
i could/should have gone for foles, but he's an eagle and i'd rather root for the redskins (my dad's team) and hope the eagles will have a poor season!

vinatieri isn't the greatest anymore but he's some kind of a legend and the guy i'd go to for a 50+ game-winning field goal with 3 seconds to go.

the autopick in the end gave me two bench defenders, not sure if it's good or not, a relatively unknown RB or WR would have had more "surprise" potential.
it also gave me a reserve TE with the same bye week as the starting one, c'unt of a computer! Image

i'll give a better look at all the other teams tomorrow.
PeterParkersGlasses

Post by PeterParkersGlasses »

Did everyone else get their post-draft email?

My email predicted that my record would be 1-12-1 (W-L-D), and that I would finish 16th :cry:

Twist.
JohnSissonsWasMyHero

Post by JohnSissonsWasMyHero »

Wiltshire Raiders are projected to finish 4-10 in 12th place. I beg to differ 8-)
fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey »

I didn't get mine.

It probably says I'll win though.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Remember guys, if you are unhappy with some of your picks you can drop them and pick up any available player from the unpicked 'waiver' list. So problems like having a backup TE with the same bye week as your starter are not a problem!

I think any team could win each week, but I am confident of a strong year. Great QB, three above decent RB's and two of the top 10 wrs.

Come at me bitches! 8-)
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Got one word for ya...

Andre Ellington 8-)
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Can you drop players and pick up others all season?
fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey »

That's two words.