NFL Fantasy League 2017/18: New Season details from page 171

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

SirStoneyOfBow
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Re: NFL Fantasy League 2015/16: New Season details from page 76

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

I really appreciate all the lads who have dropped their waiver. I understand the ones who haven't, if I'm honest. Just don't really want to be punished for something out of my control.
The app is a tad confusing to use, and so I'm sticking to updates on my PC or iPad on Safari.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Nevermind.
antony
Tory boy
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by antony »

Hope i'm not going to regret the Devonta Freeman/Frank Gore trade. I was banking on Freeman having a couple of good weeks whilst Coleman is out but I didn't expect them to be that good...
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ gore missed training too didn't he?

oh, and you're the next one on my list it seems! say goodbye to your unbeaten record, the carltons will have no mercy. AHRRR AHRRR AHRRR!!!
antony
Tory boy

Post by antony »

I'm hoping the injury is basically just giving him a day off because of the short week and because he is about 190 years old.
fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey »

CJ Anderson and Joique Bell for Todd Gurley.

Thoughts on this trade?
antony
Tory boy

Post by antony »

fjthegrey wrote:CJ Anderson and Joique Bell for Todd Gurley.

Thoughts on this trade?
I'd rather have Gurley...
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

CJ is going to explode when the broncos will fix their offensive line. bell is useless though, and gurley just exploded...
fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey »

warp wrote:CJ is going to explode when the broncos will fix their offensive line.
Says the man who drafted him. He's looked absolutely rubbish so far, I see no reason to keep him in my other team.
warp

Post by warp »

nah, he hasn't looked rubbish. denver can't get the run going, they have a new-ish offensive line and will get better. already showed some improvements last week, and they have an easy schedule if i remember correctly.

the reason to keep him is that despite all this, i doubt you can get more than a pack of gums for him at the moment. give him away if you can, but i doubt that trade would work.
fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey »

He's looked pretty rubbish. Hillman at least looks like he's got a big play in him, Anderson just looks heavy and sluggish. I do agree that an improved O-line changes things though.

Gurley looked electric on Sunday though. Should make the Rams quite a different proposition if he can do that consistently.
warp

Post by warp »

^ yeah i've only seen the numbers so can't really comment on gurley.

this week anderson didn't look his best, should have gained some more on a couple of runs, but in the previous weeks his running seemed ok to me (doesn't mean much of course...). bit low on confidence maybe.

hillman is the quicker one, but take out his big run and his numbers aren't better than CJ's.

again, if you manage to give him away, well done! it's just going to be hard getting any value.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Gurley over Anderson all day everyday now Todd is fit. No brainer of a trade, especially as Hillman looked good and will continue to steal carries.

As for the davonta freeman trade, I was stunned to see it, baffling considering how good he's been so far, awful trade.
antony
Tory boy

Post by antony »

Dyl wrote:As for the davonta freeman trade, I was stunned to see it, baffling considering how good he's been so far, awful trade.
We shall see. Not overly sure I remember asking for an opinion but i'll be sure to run future selections past you...

The trade was made before the 2nd good Freeman game and had I known he was going to go off again I'm sure I could have asked for more.

However until a fortnight ago Freeman was essentially a back up RB and when Coleman is fit carries will inevitably be split again. They think a lot of Coleman and as good as he's been I don't see Freeman carrying on at this level.

Gore gives me a legitimate RB2 and I suspect he will pick up more points from now until the end of the season. He needs to cut out the fumbles but he still has the burst (as shown in OT on Sunday). As for Freeman maybe he carries on at this level but maybe I cashed in whilst the price was right. Time will tell.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

haha no worries, sorry my opinion has clearly ruffled feathers! Of course we'll see, but on the face of it, it's a bad idea to trade away one of the hottest a backs in the league playing for one of the hottest teams who have a weak schedule for the rest of the season.
antony
Tory boy

Post by antony »

No feathers ruffled. Just happy to defend my decision. On the face of it Freeman was a prime trade away candidate after his first good week. It's swings and roundabouts. No-one is going to know but you take the gamble and look back at the end of the year.

It's the same principle as trading for Jeremy Hill after week 3 when he had been bad. Week 4 he scored 20+ points. You just have to make projections. But while the value is low and sell while the value is high.

I may have had Freeman for his 2 best weeks and he does nothing for the rest of the year or it may have been a mistake and he carries on. I suspect it'll be somewhere in the middle.
fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey »

I'm guessing Vienna is keeping Luck then?
SirStoneyOfBow

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

I guess so... Oh well. I've offered a trade seeing as he has a good few QB's warming his bench.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Maybe he hasn't seen this thread?
SirStoneyOfBow

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Maybe he hasn't seen this thread?
Probably not. I'm happy to work with him if need be.