|An archive of match day threads originally posted in the General Discussion forum.
Anyone in there who can tell us, outside of Germany, how the trialists and the young ones coped?
From the photos, it looks like the two Davids picked a team with worse views from behind the goal than the Olympic Stadium.
Any West Ham behind the goals?
Not at the furthest point. We were in these sections, and freely allowed to move between them all.
This was my view.
The goals. http://www.mdr.de/sport/fussball_3l/testspiele150.html
Nice one Beastie...
Vaz Te's second was well taken. Cool as you like!!...
Turgott, you cheeky b*stard. Turnin' on the style.
The opposition's view:
Erfurt should never have lost, should have led at half time because we were "astoundingly weak and vulnerable".
Impressed that they didn't concede from a set piece, because they usually do.
Atmosphere was disappointing, our lot contributing next to nothing.
Not a bad game for a pre-season.
The sausages in the ground were rubbish.
Cheers for this mate!
Direct links for those who might find navigating the site in German a bit difficult:
Shows a save from Henderson and all three goals, well worth watching.
Comedy defending from them for our 3rd goal
A few things to note about yesterday.
1) The drive from Berlin and back was a killer, with an hour long jam near Leipzig-Halle. Luckily we had a new air-conditioned Merc van.
2) Out of the 6k+ crowd there were about 1000 West Ham there, albeit 2/3 were Germans in replica kits. Fair play to them though. They did all chant "United" at the end of "Bubbles". Not much hope with our attempts at "Ludo". Class chants of "Ryanair" though - you know who you are.....
3) Erfurt fans moaning about us not getting involved? I guess we were just culture-shocked at the athletics track.
4) Got ripped off by one of the bar girls who was apparently charging some people twice the official price for beer.
5) Got our flag nicked by security because it has an FC Union Berlin badge on it. Got it back at the end though. Respect to the West Bletchley flag which I think I see at England games, and the "South Lips Village" one - not sure what that is about. The Mrs now thinks it's a place in Essex (chuckle).
6) First half was rubbish. Second half a lot more fun, but looking into the sun in 30 degree heat zapped us all, and we were pissed as well. Dresden will be better.
7) The Bratwurst was rubbish. The FC Union Berlin match I went to on Tuesday night had a smorgasbord of ace food, including twenty different types of hand-made-to-order rolls (the smoked salmon ones were yummy).
8) The players never really came over to say "thank you" afterwards, not that I could see. Maybe they did it before the match, but I didn't make it until just after kick-off. I did fly from Stansted to Berlin and then come 300km on the Autobahn for this one after all.
apparently Henderson had a really good game, I've long rated the lad.
The Union Berlin lads are top notch.
When Frankfurt played at their gaff last season, they were barred from bringing any fans as a punishment for "crowd trouble".
The Union fans conspired with the Frankfurt mob to get 1000 of them into the stadium. During the game, the Frankfurt crew stormed and occupied the empty away end (the stewards had no chance) and were applauded by the home fans. The game continued with a great atmosphere and not a hint of trouble.
The German FA were well peeved.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests