Manchester Utd 2-1 West Ham Utd (27/09/14)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Re: Manchester United v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Porkeyes »

Of course it was offside, even if Nolan's face was behind the line it still would have been offside.

What maters most? Millions of Koreans turning off their TVs because MU keep losing or a few disgruntled West Ham fans moan for a few days online?

Against the glory-boy teams you have to smash them with no window of doubt which can go their way. I though the ref did his best to keep the 'Dippers in it last week too.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Man U got a couple of rough ones the previous weekend. The Vardy penalty Clattenburg somehow managed to award was miles worse than Nolan's (correct) offside call
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

That's why I miss the old offside rule. There was no daylight between the defence and Nolan. Who cares if his head was offside, he didn't score with his head. Had he scored the header and gained he advantage because he was ahead (pardon the pun) of play I'd understand.
stammer
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by stammer »

thejackhammer wrote:That's why I miss the old offside rule. There was no daylight between the defence and Nolan. Who cares if his head was offside, he didn't score with his head. Had he scored the header and gained he advantage because he was ahead (pardon the pun) of play I'd understand.
confusing signals here jackhammer you like the simplification of the daylight rule but seem to like a confusing limb or body part which actually scored applied. Unfortunately if the law specifically states that any prospective scoring part of your body then his large nut is off. I would have thought that legs were the fairest overall as you still have to get to wherever on them but anyway makes a pleasant change from a usual post OT audit on who was at fault for the capitulation and\or 3rd, 4th goal.
Porkeyes
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Porkeyes »

Aceface wrote:Man U got a couple of rough ones the previous weekend. The Vardy penalty Clattenburg somehow managed to award was miles worse than Nolan's (correct) offside call
I do agree with you about last weekend but I can't get this from my mind, :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... amore.html
ereford ammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by ereford ammer »

Scudamore is a disgrace. He should be shown a red card so he can spend more time worshipping Man Ure.
Rant over.