Sunderland 2 West Ham Utd 1 (29/03/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

kenthammer
Has liked: 245 likes
Total likes: 395 likes

Sunderland 2 West Ham Utd 1 (29/03/08)

Post by kenthammer »

does this game normally sell out or will it make Members
Romford
Big X

Re: Sunderland away

Post by Romford »

Members mate :thup:
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Sunderland have been quite strict on Clubs who's fans stand on previous visits and have reduced allocations for a number of Clubs this season including ManUre and the Mickeys. Think it was around 1200 tickets for each. :shock:
HAH

Post by HAH »

We've been allocated 2700
Jigga
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Jigga »

Massive jolly up planned. Looking forward to this one!
GeorgeParris'Pet

Post by GeorgeParris'Pet »

carnage wrote:Sunderland have been quite strict on Clubs who's fans stand on previous visits and have reduced allocations for a number of Clubs this season including ManUre and the Mickeys. Think it was around 1200 tickets for each. :shock:
I'm fairly certain we've had our allocation at Sunderland cut before.
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Great away day , but Sunderland is a **** hole if staying over Newcastle is your best bet or on the coast , I believe Romford and his mob go further inlands !!
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

GeorgeParris'Pet wrote: I'm fairly certain we've had our allocation at Sunderland cut before.
yes we have had the season they and us were first back in the premier league, they restricted us to 1500 tickets

as for this seasons game, it will probably make general sale let alone members, and i'd recommend a weekend in newcastle to go with the match ticket
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

I'm going up Friday night on the Easy Jet from Stansted. If you get in early it's cheaper than driving. It's a great atmosphere in the ground.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Jigga wrote:Massive jolly up planned. Looking forward to this one!
me and a hardy crew shall also be making the trip and getting bladdered on a night out :wink:
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

i may be going to this now :D
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

I've some good mates who are Sunderland STH and have promised another good night, they're still trying to prove Sunderland is a better night out than Newcastle. :) The problem is that it is the bosses birthday on the sunday, I put my son up to asking but the answer was "you can go providing you are here to wake me up with a breakfast in bed on my birthday". We did suggest a weekend away for her birthday or breakfast round about 5pm, the answer to the first was "okay, providing it's not ****ing Sunderland" and you can probably guess the answer to the second. So unless we go and drive back Saturday night we won't be there, mind you 600 mile round trip to watch West Ham probably lose as "it's the West Ham way" ...tempting :think: :lol:
Couttsy

Post by Couttsy »

There's 6 maybe 8 of us going to this. Went Newcastle last season and hope the nightlife is the same this time around. Best weekend I've had in this country so far. Flying up on Friday morning :crest:

COME ON YOU IRONS!!!
martwhu

Post by martwhu »

Paid £11.50 each way singles to Newcastle from Stevenage, online at national express. Not sure how much from Kings Cross.
About £3 on the metro from Newcastle to Sunderland - HAPPY DAYS!
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

Its my last away match of the season- I think im going to fly...its ****ing miles away innit!
martwhu

Post by martwhu »

About 3 hours on the train from Stevenage to Newcastle
shoreyda2nd

Post by shoreyda2nd »

going along with couttsy and 4-6 other mates, fly up friday evening, out in newcastle friday night (really is very very very gd up there! :D ) game saturday, out saturday night, fly home sunday, pretty gd weekend me thinks
kenthammer
Has liked: 245 likes
Total likes: 395 likes

Post by kenthammer »

Hampshire Hammer wrote:I've some good mates who are Sunderland STH and have promised another good night, they're still trying to prove Sunderland is a better night out than Newcastle. :) The problem is that it is the bosses birthday on the sunday, I put my son up to asking but the answer was "you can go providing you are here to wake me up with a breakfast in bed on my birthday". We did suggest a weekend away for her birthday or breakfast round about 5pm, the answer to the first was "okay, providing it's not f*cking Sunderland" and you can probably guess the answer to the second. So unless we go and drive back Saturday night we won't be there, mind you 600 mile round trip to watch West Ham probably lose as "it's the West Ham way" ...tempting :think: :lol:
my missus wouldnt let my boy have time off school on the Friday for sunderland game but got her absolutely ratarsed last week and ended up with him having half day on the friday and shes paying for a hotel in newcastle for 2 nights
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

I must be the only chap who doesn't rate Barcodeland for a night out...although i didn't rate Nottingham either when it was the place to go.

I rate places on their friendliness, ease of getting served, atmosphere and the quality of the local lils

Hartlepool everytime over Newcy :raver:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

martwhu wrote:About 3 hours on the train from Stevenage to Newcastle
Only takes 4 hours to drive from Romford