Sunderland 2 West Ham Utd 1 (29/03/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 45 likes

Re: Sunderland v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Gnome »

Gent wrote:Anyone who drinks so little on a Sat night that he allows himself to get woken up by a key in a door deserves all he gets.
Next time I'm gonna do the wet towel round his head trick. :think:
I think you'll find that the key in the door didn't wake me at all. If it had I'd have got up and let you in rather than listen to you struggle with such a complicated device. What woke me was your conversation with the poor receptionist who you dragged away from her normal duties to open the door :lol:

Anyway I happen to think you got off lightly in that report! :wink:
WHJ
Location: BMU - Soaking up the Boleyn atmosphere before we lose it forever>

Post by WHJ »

Good weekend in Mackem Land, apart from the result of course. As usual almost every one of the locals were friendly apart from some of the "verbals" in the stadium (which is to be expected). Thought we were poor in the second half (on and off the pitch) and we were desperately trying to hold on in the end, unsuccessfully as it happened.

Was in Keano's straight after the game, and while not exactly welcomed, was not made to feel uncomfortable either. Good night out on Sat night and can't remember getting back to the Guest House, so if I woke anyone up, my apologies. It was a quiet trip back down to King's X on the 0910 Grand Central on Sun morning.

Cheers to the 2 Toms, Andy, Chris & John and the other Mackems that were buying us drinks all night.
claret parrot
Location: caught between the devil and the deep fried camembert.
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by claret parrot »

Romford wrote:Gnomes cracking report...although i'm not sure how he makes me look so rotund in every pic :oops:

http://www.kumb.com/reports.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That was a terrific read. Gnome does have a flair with the written word; I was laughing out loud several times while reading that :thup: