Sunderland 2 West Ham Utd 1 (29/03/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Iron Spine v2.0
Location: You don't wanna go and eat a snack like that! You'll end up with your teeth all grey,

Re: Sunderland v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Iron Spine v2.0 »

Up the Junction wrote: 96th, actually ... the game was supposed to have finished by then :lol:
OH WHAT A WORLD! *uncontrollable sobbing into yon claret scarf*
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt
Has liked: 1 like

Post by bluebutterfly »

Up the Junction wrote: 96th, actually ... the game was supposed to have finished by then :lol:

Bloody ref why hadn't he blown his whistle by then :lol:
Last edited by bluebutterfly on Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yabush

Post by yabush »

TrickyDicky wrote:
well he aint been playing like he can
I think he was brilliant against Everton and Blackburn
he was one of the better players in the Liverpool, Chelski and Spuds game
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

FDiMcA wrote: The defensive options and todays injuries saw young Anton with Tomkins even younger and Spector who is nobodies first choice working with Neil whose legs are not up to Premiership pace.

I actually feel sorry for Curbishley given those options, and Sunderalnds motivation its not surprising what happened.

bad luck too that on finally giving the normally isolated Lungjberg real creative involvement at the hub of moves he gets injured.

However its bad news that in the first 60mins we couldnt have played to the strengths of Lungjberg and Ashton (i.e. giving Freddy pass and move patterns rather than slow him down to everyone elses brain speed) and tried to be craetive and open up a lead.

Our low shots on target reflects on our low creativity.

The goals against column is going to happen given our options, what are we doing about the goals for?

and why is Defoe at Portsmouth

said we should have sigined defoe..
Jackanakanory
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jackanakanory »

we deserved to lose..after they equalised there was only one team in it. Fair play to Sunderland...

We were ****ing shocking and I can't blame the manager for this one, he did all he could, the players let us down today.

Oh and the ref was a complete and utter ****. Did he give one ****ing foul to us...Tosser..
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

maybe if ljungberg didnt get injured we would of got a point, these injuries are the problem, next season wont be no different until we get some proper training in and medical staff at know their arse from their elbow!

its obvious players dont just get injured on their own!!

BG should sack em and get high quality medical men in as curbs is going to be biased as its all the charlton staff
IIIronss

Post by IIIronss »

I doubt Defoe would come here, 35000 calling you acunt at full voice isnt the best turn on.
claret-hammer

Post by claret-hammer »

i was waiting for this we beat blackburn who have gone off the boil we drew with everton who since losing in euefa cup have been poor and we should have been beaten well before the winner for sunderland did go in.
there have been posts recently stating we dont need to buy much in the summer do me a favour your havin a laugh ok were safe but if we dont buy in the summer it could be a bit different this time next season.
goggles

Post by goggles »

claret-hammer wrote:i was waiting for this we beat blackburn who have gone off the boil we drew with everton who since losing in euefa cup have been poor and we should have been beaten well before the winner for sunderland did go in.
there have been posts recently stating we dont need to buy much in the summer do me a favour your havin a laugh ok were safe but if we dont buy in the summer it could be a bit different this time next season.
Spot on there :thup:
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

if we had a fully fit squad we could chop and change, but we are having to play the same rubbish players all the time!!
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

IIIronss wrote:I doubt Defoe would come here, 35000 calling you acunt at full voice isnt the best turn on.
i know what you mean but football fans are fickle and if he started to score on a regular basis i am sure he would have been a hit for us again.
Cornwall_Hammer

Post by Cornwall_Hammer »

Curbs out.

Losing to relegation sides while we are ment to be pushing top 4.

Bad signings- buying rejects such as Freddie l and Parker

Too many youth- Sears,Tomkins
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

minimum of 5 minutes, so the goal was fine as the ref can do as he likes, i suspect our players wasted a bit of time as well in that 5 minutes so only ourselves to blame
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

Cornwall_Hammer wrote:Curbs out.

I think this is a poor post. Parker is a quality player but is not match fit.

Sears wasn't even playing to I'm not sure what that comment is about.
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

if we could field dyer parker faubert and etherington or ljungberg we have a team capable of beating any team, but having mullins parker noble(has potential but still needs to learn a lot more) i dunno bowyer is a big big step down
Cambiasso
Has liked: 244 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Cambiasso »

IIIronss wrote: lol, so you pay £20m for someone and put him on the bench.

And he clearly aint as good as Tevez, one plays in Qatar, the other, for one of the worlds greatest sides.
... He was young and stupid and like many players in Argentina went for the money. The move to Qatar was a shock to everyone nevertheless. If anything, you go there to die and fade out, not to make a name for yourself.

If you never heard of him before he came to England, then don't assume he's "not that good". You're comparing him also to an underperforming Tevez -- who is capable of more -- and isn't playing at his full level at Manure. Players like Tevez are rare. We won't be signing Messi, Ronaldinho, or even Ronaldo. That doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't go for a player the likes of Zarate (even though he still has a lot of adapating to do -- seems a bit lightweight for England -- and gets caught out on possession). News usually travels slow to the shores of England, eh?
PaulTheHammer

Post by PaulTheHammer »

Derby got relegated today and they will now talk of preparing for next season.

I think we need to look towards next season now as well, but for different reasons. I do believe that the club need to look very carefully at the fitness of our players and assess why we have been consistently top of the injury table this year. We also need to examine the form of certain players such as Luis Boa Morte and Lucas Neill, while the latter is not as poor as our Portugese flop, there are individuals at the club who have had a torrid time and choices on their futures need to be made.

For the rest of this season, I'm looking at us just putting the best team out we can under the circumstances and then saying goodbye to the campaign so that we can get on with forward planning. As for Roy Keane and Sunderland, as annoyed as I am to lose like this, sooner their safety than the Premier League jokers that are Fulham, Bolton and Wigan. Like it or not, Keane is managing to to make something out of a poor team on paper, he has to be given credit for that.
goggles

Post by goggles »

I just think it a shame we didn't push on and try and win that game second half, we settled for a draw way before we went down to ten men. That is one thing i really hate about Curbishley being our manager, im not saying i want him out it just let's be a little bit more attacking and aggressive. If we would have won that game we had a chance of catching teams higher up the table, seems like we are now destined to finish tenth. :wink:
Chicken Runner

Post by Chicken Runner »

RM9 wrote:Good...........

Another nail in fucktard Curbishleys coffin and another nail in Bolton's coffin.

Cya :thup:
Your an idiot. FACT
PaulTheHammer

Post by PaulTheHammer »

Cornwall_Hammer wrote:Curbs out.

Have you been on the beers already tonight?

Parker is a quality signing who, like Ljungberg, is only just getting to form after fitness issues all season.

Your comments on Sears and Tomkins are quite frankly a joke. Freddie has a lot of potential and has had every right to be playing for the first team. Tomkins needed to be blooded too and in fairness, I think he would learn more alongside Upson than he is learning from Ferdinand.