West Ham Utd 0 Portsmouth 1 (08/04/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

TrickyDicky

West Ham Utd 0 Portsmouth 1 (08/04/08)

Post by TrickyDicky »

I know its really early, but i'm really excited about the next match after reading sears will be fit for Portsmouth on the O/S

I feel with Ashton and Sears starting, it will give the team a lift and being at home the atmosphere will be electric for Freddies first start hopefully.

I wouldnt mind seeing collison as said in the sunderland thread, i think he could give us the little bit extra in the midfield.

now ljungbergs injured we will proberly have to go with the 4-5-1 or 4-3-3, i dont think solano can last if he starts.

Boa Mortes form has been poor, but its got to change sometime and we havent got much option anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------Green-------------------------------------------------------

Neill------------------------Ferdinand----------------------Upson-------------------------McCartney

------------------------------------------------Parker--------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------Noble------------------------Collison----------------------------------------------

------------Sears-------------------------------------------------------------------------Boa Morte

-----------------------------------------------Ashton--------------------------------------------------------------
HollzTheHammer

Re: West Ham United Vs Portsmouth

Post by HollzTheHammer »

green
neill ferdinand upson (if fit) mccartney(if fit!)
solano parker collison noble sears
ashton(if fit...)

i agree that collison should play, im sure i read somewhere that sears can play on the left :think:

lbm- i can't make up my mind on him, he'd be usuful as pompey are a physically strong side, but then again he can't really pass, shoot, dribble so....

i rewatched the man u game the other day, solano was our best player in the first half, even if he couldn't finish i would definatly start him, one of our most creative players.
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

HollzTheHammer wrote:green
neill ferdinand upson (if fit) mccartney(if fit!)
solano parker collison noble sears
ashton(if fit...)

i agree that collison should play, im sure i read somewhere that sears can play on the left :think:

lbm- i can't make up my mind on him, he'd be usuful as pompey are a physically strong side, but then again he can't really pass, shoot, dribble so....

i rewatched the man u game the other day, solano was our best player in the first half, even if he couldn't finish i would definatly start him, one of our most creative players.
yeh its strange reid has gone on loan, if etherington is out for the season along with Faubert and ljungberg now proberly, thats left us with boa morte solano with no back up
HollzTheHammer

Post by HollzTheHammer »

TrickyDicky wrote: yeh its strange reid has gone on loan, if etherington is out for the season along with Faubert and ljungberg now proberly, thats left us with boa morte solano with no back up
maybe IF zamora recovers from his horrific blisters he'll play on the left.
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

we'll get turned over.
portsmouth have more to play for.
TrickyDicky

Post by TrickyDicky »

watching match of the day last night, defoe looks on fire, west ham will have to play at their best
ButterflyBoy

Post by ButterflyBoy »

Talking of Defoe, what sort of reception should we give him? Cheers for wiping his feet of the scum or the usual?
westhamgardner
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by westhamgardner »

ButterflyBoy wrote:Talking of Defoe, what sort of reception should we give him? Cheers for wiping his feet of the scum or the usual?
Even though he has left the scum he will always be mini judas
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

ButterflyBoy wrote:Talking of Defoe, what sort of reception should we give him? Cheers for wiping his feet of the scum or the usual?
The joke will be on all who jeer him. Whether you like him or not, what this guy will do for you, is get you 20 goals a season guaranteed, provided he plays enough games. I for one would have loved us to have re-signed him and I still can't understand why we didn't. Don't be surprised if he scores against us on 8th April and if Anton Ferdinand plays, it's a sure fire bet he will
MaastrichtHammer

Post by MaastrichtHammer »

West Ham- Pompey 2-0
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

wonder what sort of distraction their FA cup exploits will bring
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

why would you play Sears on the wing?
we got the best outta Tevez when he went more direct....Sears is wasted on the wing...he's a striker play him as a ****ing striker don't confuse the ****.
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Gnome »

It wouldn't surprise me if this one got moved yet again - while we were up North a 72-hour tube strike was announced - it's due to start at 6.30pm on the 6th April. Watch this space....
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt

Post by bluebutterfly »

MaastrichtHammer wrote:West Ham- Pompey 2-0
I don't feel confident about this one
Sadly i think we will lose. Defoe will score a couple for them
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

I think we will lose and Mullins has played allright but constantly playing him all season will lead to fatigue so I say start Collinson instead. Give the lad some more experience
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

I'm very confident about this one. We've done well at coming back from defeats this year (one or two obvious exceptions). Problem is, we've strung two wins together just once. In true inconsistent style, we'll win 2-1.
claret parrot
Location: caught between the devil and the deep fried camembert.
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by claret parrot »

Puff Daddy wrote: The joke will be on all who jeer him. Whether you like him or not, what this guy will do for you, is get you 20 goals a season guaranteed, provided he plays enough games. I for one would have loved us to have re-signed him and I still can't understand why we didn't. Don't be surprised if he scores against us on 8th April and if Anton Ferdinand plays, it's a sure fire bet he will
Well said Mr Combs I agree with all of that :thup:
donks

Post by donks »

Puff Daddy wrote: The joke will be on all who jeer him. Whether you like him or not, what this guy will do for you, is get you 20 goals a season guaranteed, provided he plays enough games. I for one would have loved us to have re-signed him and I still can't understand why we didn't. Don't be surprised if he scores against us on 8th April and if Anton Ferdinand plays, it's a sure fire bet he will

In total agreement with that.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

TrickyDicky wrote: yeh its strange reid has gone on loan, if etherington is out for the season along with Faubert and ljungberg now proberly, thats left us with boa morte solano with no back up
whenever he's played in the first team though, he's looked a million miles away from being up to the standard at present. I think it's more strange that a play-off-chasing c'ship club took him on loan rather than a league one/two team.
FloridaHammer

Post by FloridaHammer »

I like our chances in this one. They have a hard game on Saturday ans we'll be rested.