West Ham Utd 2 Derby 1 (19/04/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

mansfields1964

Re: West Ham Utd v Derby: match thread

Post by mansfields1964 »

Anyone who boo'ed LBM coming on = c*nt
Anyone who boo'ed Mcartney with the ball by the corner flag near the end = c*nt
EVERYONE who boo'ed at the final whistle when we'd won = complete brainless c*nts
Couldn't have said it better. And Carlton Cole did exactly the right thing to silence the 'you don't know what you're doing' crowd.

This was the first home match I've been to since before Christmas, and the atmosphere was very strange. Like we were waiting in silence for something bad to happen . . . to be a young professional playing in that environment must be weird. And booing the team? Even LBM who has made me spit for his recklessness didn't deserve to be booed ON the pitch. FFS we are tenth, above Spurs, every position counts for the end of season payout, and with the problems we've had with injury what the hell do people want? :?
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

Billydinho wrote:
- mccartney going to the corner flag on the counter attack was disgusting.

In all fairness though mate if he'd crossed the ball, lost possession and Derby then went and scored he'd be crucified for not taking the ball into the corner and running the clock down.
Roaring Repka

Post by Roaring Repka »

Everyone knows I love Carlton but nothing was better than the way the boo-boys were silenced yesterday. I started lone chants of 'he does know what he's doing' and 'you're not moaning any more' after the goal but strangely enough nobody seems to want to join in with any positive chants.

Derby fans were fantastic. I defended Carroll when he was here but I was awe-struck by the reception he got, it was only bettered this season by Tevez' and I thought he'd get booed cause everyone other than me who stands near me seemed to hate him last season - he got a better reception than any West Ham player yesterday which although I was pleased he wasn't booed, is odd to say the least.
Jon Boy

Post by Jon Boy »

delbert wrote: In all fairness though mate if he'd crossed the ball, lost possession and Derby then went and scored he'd be crucified for not taking the ball into the corner and running the clock down.
Didnt that happen at home to Bolton, cost us 2 points. Im sure Linda was already thinking of a Curbs bollocking if he had crossed that in.
Roaring Repka

Post by Roaring Repka »

Up the Junction wrote: :lol:
Don't believe a word of it ... hence some on here wishing we'd lost today.
I can guarantee that is spot-on, people near me were pleased when Derby equalised and wanted them to win in the hope it would get Curbs sacked.
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

otter_of_despair wrote:Anyone who boo'ed LBM coming on = c*nt
EVERYONE who boo'ed at the final whistle when we'd won = complete brainless c*nts

Feel free to abuse me. :thup:
totally agree. LBM is useless but has shown real effort. George may not be world class but he's been solid all year - he cares. Booing is just pathetic. It just depresses the players and gees up the opponents.
delbert
Has liked: 698 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

Roaring Repka wrote: I can guarantee that is spot-on, people near me were pleased when Derby equalised and wanted them to win in the hope it would get Curbs sacked.
In a kinda abstract way that's a compliment to the managers ability.
If the manager was that bad you wouldn't have to want the other team to win, it would have been a foregone conclusion that they would.
Roaring Repka

Post by Roaring Repka »

kthammer wrote: totally agree. LBM is useless but has shown real effort. George may not be world class but he's been solid all year - he cares. Booing is just pathetic. It just depresses the players and gees up the opponents.
Exactly and maybe I'm the only one who thinks this but I thought in the previous home game with Pompey he was our best player (not a great achievement all the same).

It smacks of favouritism that when Pantsil plays crap but tries hard everyone still loves him but despite Boa Morte often being one of our hardest workers he gets booed on the pitch, he was booed at kick-off and throughout the Bolton game too. His Tottenham red was stupid but there is just something about him that makes me really want him to succeed, but our fans are just doing all they can to make sure he is forced to leave in the summer.

Knowing how much opinion can change like the wind though I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a hero's reception when he returns with Crystal Palace next year like Carroll did today even though this time last year he was the scapegoat.
Pidge

Post by Pidge »

atmosphere was far worse than the football yesterday......glass houses and all that

im going to swap home games for away games next season...upton park is truely **** these days
Roaring Repka

Post by Roaring Repka »

delbert wrote: In a kinda abstract way that's a compliment to the managers ability.
If the manager was that bad you wouldn't have to want the other team to win, it would have been a foregone conclusion that they would.
That's a great way to look at it - agree completely!

Yeah I couldn't believe the atmosphere yesterday, even when the first went in it didn't pick up at all - the atmospheres always worse than the football for me at home, even when the football is really dire like the second half v Pompey, the atmosphere was worse. People say 'give me something to sing about' but even as a relatively young Hammer (19) I know that never used to be the way it worked even just a year back.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Pidge wrote:
upton park is truely w*** these days
It's like walking into your own home and pissing off every member of your family.......shocking scenes :lol:
CentenaryUpperHammer

Post by CentenaryUpperHammer »

Thought Neill was complete toilet yesterday. Outpaced at every moment and had the first touch of a ****ing wardrobe. Surely Curbs must see that he isn't playing to his full potential and even though he is better than say Spector, he still needs to sort himself out. Absolutely dreadful. Paintsils scissor kick clearance however was top class :lol:
Duff
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Duff »

Totally disgusted with the "you don't know what your doing" chants yesterday and the general ill feeling towards Curbs, he's one of the most experienced managers in the prem and has to put up with chants like that.

10th in the league with a team full of injuries - I don't think it's curbs who doesn't know what he's doing but some of our so called fans.

Sh*t game but we won, that's what this season was all about - winning games and ensuring safety, we've done that now let's look forward to next
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

Duff wrote:Totally disgusted with the "you don't know what your doing" chants yesterday and the general ill feeling towards Curbs, he's one of the most experienced managers in the prem and has to put up with chants like that.

10th in the league with a team full of injuries - I don't think it's curbs who doesn't know what he's doing but some of our so called fans.

Sh*t game but we won, that's what this season was all about - winning games and ensuring safety, we've done that now let's look forward to next
do you go regulaly then?
claret parrot
Location: caught between the devil and the deep fried camembert.
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by claret parrot »

delbert wrote: If the manager was that bad you wouldn't have to want the other team to win, it would have been a foregone conclusion that they would.
This is Derby we are talking about Delbert ... "Derby win" and "foregone conclusion" aren't phrases that should feature together in a sentence this season.

I do agree that booing the team is pathetic, counter-productive and destroys the proud reputation of West Ham fans that has been earned over a period of decades :thdn:

The reasons for our injury crisis and the blame for it is another matter and I won't rehash it here, but the undeniable fact is that Curbishley and the players he has had available this season have achieved a small miracle to get us into 10th spot and keep us safe from the relegation whirlpool in the circumstances.

Next season when hopefully measures put in place to remedy the fitness problems have had a chance to take effect, and when hopefully Curbs has a chance to start the season with most players in good health, we will get a chance to judge what he can do in terms of chasing a eurospot and entertaining the fans.
Duff
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Duff »

hornsey wrote: do you go regulaly then?
Yes - why?
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Yesterday the football was poor enough.

However the atmosphere and the chants were disgusting. We must be one of the only teams in the world to actually boo our a)Manager and b)Players when we WON the game.

Bit embarrassing to be honest.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Duff wrote:Totally disgusted with the "you don't know what your doing" chants yesterday and the general ill feeling towards Curbs, he's one of the most experienced managers in the prem and has to put up with chants like that.

Spot on..

The " Don't know what you're doing " chants are just ****ing Idiots who have watched Newcastle on the TV when Allardyce was Manager, Sheep i call them, bringing on Cole for Sears was a Sub that had to be done AND it paid off..
bodger

Post by bodger »

otter_of_despair wrote:Anyone who boo'ed LBM coming on = c*nt

Feel free to abuse me. :thup:
100% agree with you.
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

do you go regulaly then?[/quote]

Yes - why?[/quote]

good. Then you're more qualified to have an opinion then.