West Ham Utd 2 Derby 1 (19/04/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Derby: match thread

Post by The Collector »

otter_of_despair wrote:Anyone who boo'ed LBM coming on = c*nt
Anyone who boo'ed Mcartney with the ball by the corner flag near the end = c*nt
EVERYONE who boo'ed at the final whistle when we'd won = complete brainless c*nts

Feel free to abuse me. :thup:
66% agree with you.

IMHO there is a 'West Ham United' way of playing football. Running into the corner flag is not part of that way.
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

Had Zamora's disallowed first half goal (looked OK to me on the box) been allowed to stand it would have changed the game completely in our favour. At worst I think it would have been 3-1. Would everyone have been so pissed off then? Personally I am just glad to win after our recent poor run.
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

The Collector wrote: 66% agree with you.

IMHO there is a 'West Ham United' way of playing football. Running into the corner flag is not part of that way.
people are intitled to voice their opinions.

I pay £700 a season just for the home ticket and to weatch us scrape a result against a Derby team who are already dead and buried was awful.
I don't rate LBM at all, think it's stupid to Boo a player when they're not even on the pitch but if that shows it to Curbishley then i can see why people are gonna do it.

I hope AC listens to the fans because i can't remeber a time we have played worse football, the ****'s like Roeder.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Muggy

Oh we cant take off the blue eyed boy. The new great white hope as that will cause booing. Stop me if I got it wrong but I would much rather try Sears and on seeing it was not working getting someone like Cole on. Derby are shocking and even if we were to start pumping the ball long with their central defense we would get chances

Booing Boa Morte? I would rather no one cheered or booed. Let him come on in silence.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Surely you know something is not quite right when the worst team in Premeirship history takes the game to you
EastEndIRON
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Disgusting.

Post by EastEndIRON »

Just thought i would let people know how disappointing it was to be listening to the match on the radio whilst i was driving to London to hear nearly everybody in that crowd booing Boa Morte.

I know the bloke isnt very popular of late, but is that kind of reception really going to help him or the team???

Really disappointing 'support' that summarised what our fans are about at the moment.

I understand we havent been playing that well recently but we are West Ham, not ****ing Arsenal!
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Re: Disgusting.

Post by prophet:marginal »

It wasn't 'everybody'. It was the brainless in the suspiciously 'close to capacity' crowd.

Anyway, that was 2 days ago - which solar system were you bypassing?
nicky_g

Post by nicky_g »

agree with ya fella. totally out of order, not what west ham is about at all. :thup:
EastEndIRON
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by EastEndIRON »

It wasn't 'everybody'. It was the brainless in the suspiciously 'close to capacity' crowd.

Anyway, that was 2 days ago - which solar system were you bypassing?
I didnt actually say 'everybody', read the post again. Maybe the radio was deceptive in making the boos sound louder than the were.

No need for the attitude either, only just got back home from a weekend away.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

it wasnt everyone.

Also his performances all year have been dire, it wasnt on one game, and he looks like he doesnt want to be here
double D

Post by double D »

I dont like LBM but would never Boo a player but it happens at every ground in the country and has been happening for years, I remember a certain David Kelly being booed everytime his name got read out on th tannoy before the game had even kicked off, its not a new thing and it certainly will always be part of the game, Sorry :oops:
Barking mad

Post by Barking mad »

Totally agree, booing your own players when his name is read out and then when he comes on the pitch is a joke, not the West Ham way and to those who boo what do you think you are going to achieve?.
Don't give me all the rubbish about I pay for my ticket, player wages, blah blah, if you are that unhappy just don't go or go and watch the Spuds as you would fit in nicley with that whinging bunch overthere.
jonnyboy

Post by jonnyboy »

When LBM came on - I have never cringed so much at Up. Couldnt believe that so many people were doing it - they cant have all thought that it was a good idea, just joining in with the pantomime... p.s I havent rated LBM since he has been at West Ham.
Duff
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Duff »

Puff Daddy wrote:Surely you know something is not quite right when the worst team in Premeirship history takes the game to you

As they did against Everton, Middlesbrough, Man U, Liverpool, Blackburn, Chelsea and Citeh.

They haven't completley rolled over this season and I bet they are just as desperate to win now as ever if only for pride.

Football is not always as it seems on paper, do you think the teams above were booed off for not hitting Derby for six?
jakethehammer

Post by jakethehammer »

where's Quasie?