West Ham Utd 2 Newcastle Utd 2 (26/04/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

claret parrot
Location: caught between the devil and the deep fried camembert.
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: West Ham v Newcastle : Match thread

Post by claret parrot »

hornsey wrote:[quote="Kentammer"/"Irons_Irons"]I can't believe they let him referee at this level.....

PC. Without doubt.
i'm no Rennie fan but that's the most ridiculas thing i've read today :D[/quote]

Makes sense to me. Everybody knows the bloke's incompetent. He's been demoted but always bounces back. Its good to have a black referee as it avoids complaints of premiership refereeing being the sole preserve of the white man, but its a pity they can't find one who's up to the job.
scoreboard82

Re: West Ham Utd v Newcastle Utd: match thread

Post by scoreboard82 »

As a Toon fan who travelled down yesterday, i'd just like to say i enjoyed my visit. Fans drank side by side with no trouble, just as it should be. A few people had talked about certain pubs being best avoided, but we drank in the Queens no problem. The atmosphere at the game was decent too.
I was saying to my mates that i don't mind West Ham at all. It's a proper club with none of your glory-hunters. Your fans are proud and passionate.
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

scoreboard82 wrote:As a Toon fan who travelled down yesterday, i'd just like to say i enjoyed my visit. Fans drank side by side with no trouble, just as it should be. A few people had talked about certain pubs being best avoided, but we drank in the Queens no problem. The atmosphere at the game was decent too.
I was saying to my mates that i don't mind West Ham at all. It's a proper club with none of your glory-hunters. Your fans are proud and passionate.
to be honest I think you caught us on a good day
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

Makes sense to me. Everybody knows the bloke's incompetent. He's been demoted but always bounces back. Its good to have a black referee as it avoids complaints of premiership refereeing being the sole preserve of the white man, but its a pity they can't find one who's up to the job.[/quote]

as i said before, Ridiculas.
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

BTW
does anyone have any pictures or footage of that Owen handball yesterday?
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

hornsey wrote:BTW
does anyone have any pictures or footage of that Owen handball yesterday?
I wouldn't give it as a foul.
claret parrot
Location: caught between the devil and the deep fried camembert.
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by claret parrot »

hornsey wrote:]

as i said before, Ridiculas.
Well you got me there Hornsey, the force of your argument just leaves me crumpled in a heap.

Imagine you are responsible for picking a football team to represent Great Britain. There's a brilliant Welshman but let's say the rest of the best players are all English. You might for whatever reason decide to include a couple of Scottish players even if it means leaving out a pair of Englishmen who are better players.
Its called positive discrimination and it happens in many walks of life. I'm not saying its always a bad thing. I just don't understand why anyone would claim to be surprised.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Was it too much to ask to make sure we went in at the break 2-0 up and keep it tight until mid way into the second half and them hit them on break to wrap up matters 3-0? That is what any Italian team would have done and it's what any of the top 4 would have done too and it's what we have to learn to do. Futhermore, if Paolo ever becomes manager, it's also what he would have done too.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Puff Daddy wrote:Was it too much to ask to make sure we went in at the break 2-0 up and keep it tight until mid way into the second half and them hit them on break to wrap up matters 3-0? That is what any Italian team would have done and it's what any of the top 4 would have done too and it's what we have to learn to do. Futhermore, if Paolo ever becomes manager, it's also what he would have done too.
I can't believe Cubs didn't want to do that. What an idiot.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Puff Daddy wrote: Futhermore, if Paolo ever becomes manager,
:lol:
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

If Paolo ever becomes manager we probably won't turn up to any away games up north.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

If Paulo ever becomes manager and we get awarded a penalty the taker will be decided by a wrestling match. :wink:
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 640 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Puff Daddy wrote:Was it too much to ask to make sure we went in at the break 2-0 up and keep it tight until mid way into the second half and them hit them on break to wrap up matters 3-0? That is what any Italian team would have done and it's what any of the top 4 would have done too and it's what we have to learn to do. Futhermore, if Paolo ever becomes manager, it's also what he would have done too.
They probably remembered George getting booed the prevoius week for doing just that... :lol: